|Reactor used to super-charge Warframes.|
Orokin Reactors can either be bought for 20 or assembled in the Foundry after finding its blueprint. These blueprints can be obtained in one of three ways:
- From alert missions. (An alert mission every other friday will give a Reactor or Catalyst )
- From login reward lottery system
- From Invasion missions
After being built the blueprint disappears. To build another Orokin Reactor the player must obtain another blueprint.
|Build Time||24 hours|
Applying Orokin Reactor to Warframes or CompanionsEditTo apply an Orokin Reactor after obtaining it, click Equip and select the desired warframe or companion you wish to upgrade. Select Upgrade, and click the UPGRADE button above your loadout selection.
How it worksEdit
An applied Orokin Reactor will double the mod capacity of a warframe or companion. This increases the total power that can be consumed by mods, but not the number of mod slots. A rank 1 warframe with a Reactor installed will have a capacity of 2, which will increase to 60 at rank 30. Unlike Formas, Reactors can only be applied to a warframe or sentinel once.
An Orokin reactor can be installed at any time. The capacity of the warframe or sentinel it is applied to will always be double that of its rank.
- Orokin Reactors are often referred to by players as 'golden potatoes' (as opposed to Orokin Catalysts, called 'blue potatoes'), or in some cases, simply 'potatoes.' This may have originated from the devs, who have occasionally referred to them as potatoes.
- The Potato T-Shirt available in the official Warframe merchandise store is a reference to this.
- Warframes and sentinels purchased with Platinum come with Orokin Reactors pre-installed.
- Every Warframe's maximum Mod Capacity is 78, this can be achieved by adding an Orokin Reactor to the frame and placing certain maxed Aura mods in the Aura Slot with a matching Polarity. (30 [Basic] * 2 [Orokin Reactor] + 9 [Max Rank Steel Charge Aura] * 2 [Matching Polarity] = 78)
- With matching polarities for every mod (by expending Forma) , the maximum mod capacity ranges from a minimum 138 to a maximum 148 (due to rounding of energy costs). As of Update 14, either value cannot be exceeded.
- Once placed on a Warframe or Sentinel, an Orokin Reactor cannot be taken back off to be used on another Warframe or Sentinel. This also applies to the Orokin Catalyst.