|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 180||Blueprints Price: 20,000|
This weapon deals primarily Slash damage.
- Long range attacks with a wide radius.
- Hits up to 5 targets with AoE attacks.
- Slide attacks have 100 damage and almost full AoE.
- Large jump attack AoE.
- Stance slot has polarity, matches Bleeding Willow stance.
- When swinging you will be reduced to a walking pace, starting on the third swing animation.
- Normal attacks have awkwardly placed swing hitboxes which vary with each swing animation, making it more difficult to hit enemies.
- Low critical chance.
- Orthos, compared to Orthos Prime:
- See Category:Orthos Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Orthos Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- The Orthos will extend slightly when drawn, and retract back after "sheathing".
- Being one of the longest melee weapons (after Orthos Prime), the Orthos benefits greatly from Reach – a maxed out Reach will allow you to hit enemies through walls, bypass Grineer Shield Lancer's shields, and strike Toxic Ancients without touching the poison cloud.
- The total slash length of this weapon with a maxed Reach is 3.6 meters, as wide as approximately four Grineer/Corpus units standing in a line.
- Combines with Ash's maxed Smoke Screen or Loki's Invisibility for devastating attacks.
- In Greek mythology, Orthos (also known as Orthrus) is the name of a two headed dog, brother of Cerberus, which probably relates to the Orthos' two blades.
- Ortho- is a prefix in Greek which meant "straight", “upright”, “right”, or “correct”.