Oxium is a rare lighter than air alloy of Orokin origin.
Oxium is an uncommon component. Dropped by the uncommonly encountered Oxium Osprey with a guaranteed drop rate, it can be found in quantities of 7-12 and will only drop if the Osprey is killed before it destroys itself by charging against the player, an ally, or a wall.
These tips are based on opinion and may not be true. They should be viewed as advice and not solid fact.
- Playing Corpus Defense, Survival and Mobile Defense missions can yield a decent amount of Oxium per run. (Easiest Corpus Level is Kiliken, Venus, a Defense mission)
- 10 waves of Defense on Venera, Venus can yield around 100 Oxium if extracted properly.
- Ara, Survival on Mars can give roughly 100 units in 25 minutes with a 2-player team.
- Playing on Cerberus, Pluto can yield about 300-900 Oxium in 4 Rounds. (Depending on total Osprey kills)
- Europa, Baal can yield 50-150 Oxium per run with a 4-player team.
- Doing Sabotage, Capture, and Deception missions while being as loud as possible by destroying all enemies can yield a fair amount of Oxium, especially on Venus, where there aren't too many high-level enemies. Just don't let the targets escape in Capture.
- Some Corpus Alerts can yield a high amount of Oxium.
- Alerts may also have a higher spawn rate of Oxium Ospreys.
- An easy way to kill the Oxium Ospreys without getting them to self destruct and not drop any Oxium is to use Frosts Freeze ability and quickly killing them while they are slowed down or using Nyxs Mind Control which will deal high damage to it when the effect ends.
- As it's dropped by a specific enemy and is not a planet-specific drop, it cannot be obtained by using Extractors.
- Previously Oxium only dropped in quantities of 1-2, but most items required several hundred units of Oxium so the drop amount was drastically increased.
- Sometimes Oxium can get stuck in ceiling in narrow hallways/locations with low ceiling, Loot Radar mods ( Animal Instinct & Thief's Wit ) can help locating those otherwise invisible resource drops.
Blueprints Requiring OxiumEdit
- Oxium Osprey, the enemy which drops this material.
- Operation Oxium Espionage, the event which first introduced this material.
|Common||Alloy Plate • Cryotic • Ferrite • Nano Spores • Polymer Bundle • Salvage|
|Uncommon||Circuits • Omega Isotopes • Oxium • Plastids • Rubedo|
|Rare||Argon Crystal • Control Module • Gallium • Morphics • Neural Sensors • Neurodes • Orokin Cell • Tellurium|
|Research||Detonite Ampule • Fieldron Sample • Mutagen Sample • Pigment • Nitain Extract|
|Navigation||Beacons • Nav Coordinates|