Oxium is an uncommon component. Dropped by the uncommonly encountered Oxium Osprey with a guaranteed drop rate, it can be found in quantities of 7-12 and will only drop if the Osprey is killed before it destroys itself by charging against the player, an ally, or a wall.Oxium can also be found as alert rewards, by destroying Storage Containers, and by opening the 3rd Cache in Grineer Sealab Sabotage missions.
Blueprints Requiring OxiumEdit
Tips collected from common player experience and should be viewed as advice rather than fact.
- Playing Corpus Excavation, Defense, Survival and Mobile Defense missions can offer a decent amount of Oxium as well, lowest level being Kiliken, Venus.
- 20 waves of Defense on Tessera, Venus is able to grant around 50 Oxium.
- Cerberus on Pluto is still a somewhat reliable choice, offering about 60-140 Oxium for 4 Rounds.
- Keeping enemies in an alerted state in Sabotage and Capture missions brings a fair amount of Oxium, especially on lower level missions, where more demanding enemies do not spawn right away.
- Corpus alerts often spawn a larger amount of ospreys compared to same level corpus missions of the regular variety.
- Recommended manner of dealing with Oxium Ospreys before they self-destruct without dropping the desired resource is incapacitating them before they are able to see the enemy and attack. Otherwise focusing on diverting their attention from fighting (Terrify, Radial Blind, Rest and similar abilities) is a good way of approaching the situation.
- Ivara can use Prowl on the Ospreys, potentially doubling the amount of Oxium dropped by a single unit.
- Io, Jupiter can yield around 200 Oxium in 20 waves.
- Galatea, Neptune can yield around 500-700 Oxium in 20 minutes, and upwards of 1500 with a Nekros using Desecrate. As there is no timer, the mission can be farmed indefinitely, even after the target is captured.
- As it's dropped by a specific enemy and is not a planet-specific drop, it cannot be obtained by using Extractors.
- Previously, Oxium only dropped in quantities of 1-2, but most items required several hundred units of Oxium so the drop amount was drastically increased.
- Sometimes Oxium can get stuck in the ceiling in narrow hallways/locations with a low ceiling, Loot Radar mods (Animal Instinct & Thief's Wit) can help locating those otherwise invisible resource drops.
- Oxium can also be acquired from Grineer/Corpus/Orokin storage containers, albeit with a very low chance. Therefore, one should not rely on this source due to it being infrequent.
- As of Update 18.0, Nekros can desecrate Oxium Ospreys.
- Each Player obtains a different amount of Oxium from the same pickup, implying that the amount of Oxium contained in a pickup is not pre-determined.
- Oxium Osprey, the enemy which drops this material.
- Operation Oxium Espionage, the event which first introduced this material.
|Common||Alloy Plate • Cryotic • Ferrite • Nano Spores • Polymer Bundle • Salvage|
|Uncommon||Circuits • Oxium • Plastids • Rubedo|
|Rare||Argon Crystal • Control Module • Gallium • Kuva • Morphics • Neural Sensors • Neurodes • Nitain Extract • Orokin Cell • Tellurium|
|Research||Detonite Ampule • Fieldron Sample • Mutagen Sample • Pigment • Synthula|
|Navigation||Cryptographic ALU • Nav Coordinates • Omega Isotopes • Orokin Cipher|