Valkyr unleashes her shields, stunning and damaging enemies around her.
|Strength:2x / 2.5x / 3x / 3.5x (damage multiplier)|
400 / 600 / 800 / 1000 (knockback strength)
|Range:5 / 7 / 8 / 10 m|
- Valkyr discharges her shields, stunning and damaging enemies within 5 / 7 / 8 / 10 meters while draining 33% of her current shields. Affected enemies are dealt Valkyr's current shields multiplied by 200% / 250% / 300% / 350% as Impact damage. The shield discharge has a knockback strength of 400 / 600 / 800 / 1000.
- Damage multiplier and knockback strength are affected by Ability Strength, and the damage diminishes with distance.
- Damage bypasses obstacles in the environment and is increased by body-part multipliers.
- The shield percentage used in the damage calculation accounts for Valkyr's shields at the time Paralysis is cast, not after the shield drain has been applied. As an example, Valkyr has 150 shields at the time Paralysis is cast and +30% Ability Strength. Paralysis will deal 150*3.5*1.3 = 682.5 damage, and Valkyr's shields will be reduced to 150*(1 - 0.33) = 100 shields.
- Radius is affected by Ability Range.
- Stunned enemies are vulnerable to Finisher attacks. If the enemy cannot be attacked with a Finisher (either due to positioning or the enemy type), it will be susceptible to Stealth Damage Multipliers from melee attacks for the duration of the stun. As with other stealth attacks, coming into physical contact with the enemy while attacking will temporarily remove the damage bonus.
- Overshields contribute to Paralysis' damage.
- Main article: Prolonged Paralysis
- Shields drained this way will reset the shield recharge delay, as if Valkyr was hit.
- Installing a decent Redirection and Fast Deflection mod helps by greatly improving the damage output as they are being utilized by this ability.
- Redirection increases the damage dealt through greater total amount of shields lost.
- Fast Deflection helps recover lost shields quickly.
- Extended uses of this ability will recommend installations of Vitality and Steel Fiber mods in order to overcome damages after the Paralysis effects.
- The way Paralysis is treated is similar to Banshee's Sonic Boom dealing a blast with tremendous knockbacks, but doing a full 360 angle of damage with half of the original range.
- Paralysis can be used within the duration of Hysteria allowing Valkyr to expend her shields with no trouble receiving damage. This will still drain her shields in spite of her invulnerability.
- This ability can be spammed due to its very low energy cost, this will heavily divide shields down to 0 if expended drastically, but it will give potential stunlocks to lesser enemies effectively.
- This ability synergizes well with shield-based team totems such as Team Shield Restore and Medium Team Shield Restore, as burst of shield recharges allow Valkyr to spam full loads of shield damage at a group of enemies more effectively.
- In Sabotage Missions which you need to destroy several small cylinders after the reactor core has been exposed, a single Paralysis is sufficient to quickly destroy all the cylinders.
Maximization is a form of specialization: mods may be blended to result in values that vary between the top-end limits listed here. Click any maximized link to learn how to build it.
- Maximized Ability Duration has no positive effects on this ability.
- Reduces range to 3.4 meters.
- Maximized Ability Efficiency reduces cost to 1.25 energy.
- Has no negative effects on this ability.
- Maximized Ability Range increases range to 25 meters.
- Reduces damage multiplier to 140% and knockback strength to 400.
- Maximized Ability Strength increases damage multiplier to 1221.5% and knockback strength to 3490.
- Without Energy Conversion, increases damage multiplier to 1046.5% and knockback strength to 2990.
- Increases cost to 7.75 energy.