The Parry mod provides a chance to trigger a melee counterattack finisher while blocking and channeling. Simpler than the traditional counterattack maneuver which requires channeling at the proper timing of the attack, this mod can trigger automatically.
- Certain melee weapons block more damage than others, increasing a Warframe's survivability while parrying.
- Counterattack finishers triggered by Parry are affected by finishing damage.
- When combined with Reflex Guard, triggering Parry no longer requires the user to block but does still require channeling.
- Disarming enemies' ranged weapons (with effects like Loki's Radial Disarm) will force foes to switch to melee attacks that can be parried.
- Certain special attacks can not be parried or trigger a counterattack finisher, though they will be blocked.
- Grappling hook attacks (such as from the Grineer Scorpion or Infested Ancient Disruptor) will be blocked but not parried.
- Normal knockback and knockdown rules for blocking still apply. Heavy enemy attacks like Seismic Shockwave or the Shield Lancer's charge will still trigger knockback but will not knock down a blocking player.
- This mod does not work against Specters in Dark Sector Conflicts.
- As of 10.16.2017, this mod does not work against Corrupted Bombards.
- Added in Update 10.0. During Melee 1.0, it granted a chance to knock down a melee attacker while blocking.
- As of Update 13.0, the Parry mod will only work if one is channeling while blocking against melee attacks. When successful, a counterattack will be initiated, which momentarily stuns an enemy and allows them to be killed using a melee attack prompt similar to Stealth Attacks.
- In Update 17.0, the counterattack maneuver can now be performed manually by channeling immediately before blocking an attack. Before this version, the Parry mod was the only way to stagger for a counterattack finisher.
| Corrupt Charge • Dispatch Overdrive • Enduring Affliction • Enduring Strike • Focused Defense |
Focus Energy • Life Strike • Killing Blow • Parry • Quickening • Reflex Coil • Reflection • True Punishment