Passives are special traits possessed by Warframes that provide them unique abilities or bonuses without requiring energy. Some Passives are always active regardless of the Warframe's state, while others may only activate upon a condition being satisfied. Passives are unique to each Warframe, and differ between Warframes.
List of Passive AbilitiesEdit
Ash – Hemorrhage
Any Slash Procs inflicted by Ash (from both weapons and abilities) deal 25% more damage and last 50% longer.
Atlas – Immovable
Strong as the mountain, Atlas is immune to knockdown effects while on the ground.
- Atlas remains susceptible to knockdown while in midair.
Banshee – Suppressor
Chroma – Elemental Alignment
Chroma can alter his abilities to match any basic (uncombined) elemental attribute of the player's choice. This change is performed by customizing Chroma's appearance outside of a mission, specifically his energy color. Color choices are grouped into four categories with each category corresponding to a given element:
- red, magenta, brown, orange and bright yellow hues being Heat;
- blue and purple hues being Electric;
- green, lime, teal and dark yellow hues being Toxin;
- white, grey, black, and some faded colors being Cold.
Note that players do not need to purchase color palettes to unlock the full potential of this trait.
While customizing his energy color, Chroma's active element is displayed in the form of an icon (, , , ). This imgur album can serve as a reference for future color palette purchases.
Ember – Ignition
Equinox – Equilibrium
- Bright hues change default form to Day-Form;
- Dark hues change default form to Night-Form.
Upon changing colors, Equinox's combined form in Arsenal preview will change her stance animation to reflect the chosen form's personality.
Excalibur – Swordsmanship
Excalibur has improved mastery in the Tenno art of the blade, receiving +10% attack speed and +10% damage when dealing melee attacks (including via Exalted Blade) while wielding the following weapons:
- Swords, such as the Skana.
- Dual swords, such as the Dual Skana.
- Nikanas, such as the Dragon Nikana.
- Rapiers, such as the Destreza.
Frost – Cryogenic
Harrow – Conviction
Harrow possesses 200% Overshields capacity, granting him a maximum of 2,400 Overshields.
Hydroid – Deep Tendril
- Melee combos with slam hits have a chance to summon a Tentacle.
- Pilfering Swarm applies to tentacles formed by this passive.
- These tentacles are not affected by Power Strength or Power Duration.
Inaros – Undying
- Rather than having the standard Bleedout state of other Warframes, Inaros instead enters an immobile sarcophagus when downed. Aiming at an enemy or ally will siphon life from them, gradually filling his revive meter and allowing Inaros to resurrect himself. Otherwise, he can be revived by other players normally. However, note that Inaros is still in danger of bleeding to death if there are no enemies or allies in sight, or if Inaros is unable to fill his meter before his bleedout timer expires.
- This ability is active even during Solo play.
- If an ally kills the enemy targeted by Inaros it still counts towards his ressurection passive
- Siphoning does not appear to have a range limit.
- Siphoning from enemies will pull them toward Inaros, similar to Devour
- Siphoning deals 75 damage to enemies, regardless of Armor. However, it is still subject to other damage resistances and Shields.
- The revive meter is filled by 0.5% for every 1% of an enemy's combined health and shields removed. At least two enemies must be killed for Inaros to be revived.
- Siphon damage can be increased by Provoked.
- The siphoning beam can be dispelled. Enemies that can dispel the beam include: Nullifier Crewmen, Corrupted Nullifiers, Sap Combas, Sap Scrambus, Isolator Bursas, and Disruptor Drones.
- If Justice effect activates during undying Inaros is instantly revived.
- Additionally, killing enemies via Stealth Finishers or Counterattacks will restore 20% of Inaros' maximum health. This passive does not apply to Ground Finishers.
Ivara – Sentry
- In the Conclave, enemy Tenno are marked on Ivara's radar regardless of range.
Loki – Wall Grapple
Loki's Wall Latch duration lasts 10 times longer than other Warframes.
Limbo – Rift Walk
- Main article: Rift Plane
Limbo has access to the Rift plane, an alternate dimension to the normal environment, or material plane. By performing a Roll (default ), a Sidespring ( or + ), or a Backspring ( + + ), Limbo slides into and out of the Rift plane at will. Several of Limbo's abilities impose the Rift upon the world around him, affecting himself, the environment, enemies, and even allies.
- Limbo can remain indefinitely in either dimension, until he performs the triggering maneuvers again or travels freely between both planes via Cataclysm.
- Rift Walk also affects Limbo's Companion which will walk the same dimensional plane as its owner, unless it crosses planes via Cataclysm.
- When sliding into the Rift plane, Limbo leaves a portal in his wake that lasts 5 seconds. Ally players can touch the portal to enter the Rift for 15 seconds, after which they will return to the material plane.
- Allies can perform the trigger maneuvers to return to the material plane.
- Limbo himself can use the portal to enter the Rift with no time limit.
- Additionally, while Limbo and enemies are inside the Rift, each Rift-bound enemy killed grants him 10 energy.
Mag – Magnetic Attraction
Mesa – Marksman's Dexterity
Mesa has improved proficiency when using secondary weapons, and gains a health bonus at the expense of not having a melee weapon. The following are the passive bonus available to Mesa:
- +10% (+15% in Conclave) fire rate with dual wielded sidearms.
- +20% (+50% in Conclave) reload speed for one handed sidearms.
- +50 health (No bonus health in Conclave) when a melee weapon is not equipped (value unaffected by base or total health).
Mirage – Jester's Proficiency
Mirage has an increased proficiency when performing several Maneuvers.
- +25% faster Bullet Jump speed
- +50% faster Maneuver speed
Nekros – Soul Siphon
A master of death, Nekros regenerates 5 points of Health any time an enemy dies within 10 meters of him.
Nezha – Frictionless
Nezha has reduced friction on the ground, greatly increasing the distance of ground slides.
Nidus – Adaptive Mutation
The Infestation dwelling within Nidus mutates rapidly when used against his foes, fueling his abilities and yielding various symbiotic benefits. Nidus possesses various passive mechanics highlighted in the tabs below:
Mutation is a resource unique to Nidus, indicated by its counter and gauge displayed in the lower-right on the HUD, above the ability icons.
- The gauge is divided into five sections which represent the number of hits dealt to enemies via Nidus' abilities. The counter at the center of the gauge keeps track of the number of Mutation stacks.
- Upon hitting one or more enemies via Virulence or Ravenous, depending on the number of hits the sections of the gauge will light up clockwise. After a total of 5 hits, the gauge finishes a complete cycle and the sections become unlit again, while the counter increases by 1 Mutation stack.
- Abilities are not required to deal damage to enemies, only scoring hits is needed to increase Mutation stacks.
- Mutation stacks are stored until used by the player. Stacks will not disappear in the event of a host migration.
- Ability-nullifying enemies such as Nullifier Crewman will drain 1 Mutation stack every 2 seconds, ramping up the drain rate the longer Nidus remains in their radius.
- Up to a maximum of 100 stacks can be stored. Each stack causes the gauge to gradually appear more infested. Upon reaching 100 stacks, the counter is hidden and the gauge is overlapped by Virulence's ability icon colored in red and black.
- Parasitic Link costs 1 stack to activate instead of using energy.
- Ravenous costs 3 stacks to activate instead of using energy.
- Nidus' appearance changes as more stacks are collected:
- At 3 stacks, tendrils will protrude from his neck and upper spine, while the carapace around his ribs will open.
- At 5 and 7 stacks respectively, the carapace around his thighs and arms will open to reveal more infested flesh and tendrils beneath.
- At 10 stacks, certain sections of his currently-equipped helmet will open up, and many more tendrils will be exposed.
- When stacks fall below the required triggers, Nidus' appearance will revert to the appropriate stage.
If Nidus suffers fatal damage with at least 15 stacks of Mutation, those 15 stacks are consumed, granting him 5 seconds of invulnerability and restoring health to 50%.
- A UI banner displaying "Undying" and an invulnerability timer will appear at the top-center of the screen while this passive is activated. The required amount of Mutation stacks will be visibly subtracted from the counter and gauge.
- If Nidus has less than 15 Mutation stacks, all stacks will be consumed without benefit if he is incapacitated or killed.
- Nidus gains 10 armor per 5 stacks.
Nidus gains the following additional bonus stats while leveling up, alongside regular statistic increases for his health and power pools, indicated at the top-left of the Warframe Upgrade page:
- +10% / +20% / +30% / +40% / +50% Armor (at ranks 3 / 9 / 15 / 21 / 27, respectively)
- 5 / 7 / 9 / 11 / 13 Health regen per second (at ranks 1 / 7 / 13 / 19 / 25, respectively)
- +3% / +6% / +9% / +12% / +15% Power Strength (at ranks 4 / 10 / 16 / 22 / 28, respectively)
Nova – Explosive Counter
Whenever Nova is knocked down, she emits a field which will knock down and damage enemies in a 6 meter radius.
Nyx – Relinquish
Enemies affected by any of Nyx's powers have a chance to become Disarmed.
Oberon – Beastmaster
Oberon is one with nature and gains the following perks:
- Allied pets receive a 25% health increase, shield increase, and 75+ armor.
- The player's pet receives 1 instant revive per mission.
Octavia – Harmonic Symphony
Octavia creates musical masterpieces from the Mandachord affixed to her arms that empowers her abilities. She possesses various passive mechanics highlighted in the tabs below:
The Mandachord is a step sequencer that allows the player compose unique songs and conduct them in full symphony through Octavia's abilities.
- To access the Mandachord menu, open the Arsenal in your ship, equip Octavia, click on the Warframe's Appearance tab, and select Mandachord at the bottom-right of the screen.
- Once inside the Mandachord menu, the player's view will switch to first-person and look downward at the expanded Mandachord on Octavia's left arm.
- The Mandachord menu comprises of all customization options related to Octavia's abilities.
Casting any ability will inspire Octavia and nearby allies with her music, granting the Inspiration buff that replenishes 1 energy per second for 30 seconds. Allies within 15 meters will receive the Inspiration buff.
- Octavia recasting any ability will also refresh the active Inspiration buff's duration.
- Inspiration buff icon is displayed with a duration timer next to the shield and health indicator at the top-right of the HUD.
Rhino – Heavy Landing
If Rhino falls fast enough, he will discharge a shockwave upon hitting the ground, dealing damage in a 6 meter area of effect and knocking down nearby enemies. This stacks with Heavy Impact.
Saryn – Potency
Saryn possesses the passive ability of increasing Status Effect duration by 25%.
Titania – Dust Bloom
Titania gains +25% Bullet Jump distance. Bullet jumping also creates a trampoline that lasts 5 seconds and grants the Upsurge buff, giving the same +25% distance to Bullet Jump maneuvers performed in the area.
Trinity – Triage
Trinity can revive fallen allies 25% faster (reviving them in 4 seconds as opposed to 5 seconds) and from further away.
Valkyr – Nimble
Valkyr is nimble, able to recover from knockdown 50% faster and to land from great heights with no touchdown delay.
- Knockdown recovery can stack with Handspring and Constitution for up to 250% recovery speed.
- Currently, Valkyr's immunity to heavy landings prevents her from triggering Heavy Impact.
Vauban – Reinforce
An engineer by trade, Vauban gains 25% bonus Armor for every warframe within 20 meters of him.
Volt – Static Discharge
Travelling along the ground between Volt's attacks (by walking, running, or sliding) will build up static energy, adding bonus Electricity damage toward Volt's next weapon attack or ability cast.
- For every 1 meter traveled, 5 points of Electricity damage are added, accumulating to a maximum of 1000 bonus damage.
- Damage is added before multipliers and is not affected by Power Strength.
- Static Discharge can combine with elemental mods on weapons.
Wukong – Tenacity
Wukong's Melee Combo Counter has a 66% longer duration (increasing the base combo counter from 3 seconds to 5 seconds). This only affects the base combo counter.
Zephyr – Lightweight
Due to her Oxium composition, Zephyr is significantly lighter in comparison to other Warframes, dramatically altering her airborne physics. Specifically, she descends slower and has improved aerodynamics which can be used to control her midair movement with greater ease and agility.
|Currencies||Credits • Ducats • Platinum • Standing|
|General||Affinity • Clan • Daily Tribute • Focus • Foundry • Fusion • Key Bindings • Mastery Rank • Mods (Damaged) • Orbiter • Polarization • Trade System • Transmutation|
|Gameplay||Mission||Air Support • Alert (Tactical) • Archwing • Cell • Challenge Reward • Death • Death Mark • Enemy Behavior • HUD • Maneuvers (Archwing) • Matchmaking • One-Handed Action • Tile Sets • Mission|
|Stealth||Hacking • Noise Level • Stealth|
|Attributes||Weapons||Accuracy • Ammo • Attack Speed • Critical Hit • Damage • Fire Rate • Melee • Multishot • Projectile Speed • Punch Through • Recoil • Reload Speed • Status • Zoom|
|Warframe||Attributes • Armor • Health • Passives • Powers • Shield • Threat Level|
|Mathematical||Enemy Level Scaling • Maximization (Duration • Efficiency • Range • Strength) • User Research|