Passives are special traits possessed by Warframes and weapons and that provide them unique abilities or bonuses without requiring energy. Some Passives are always active while others may only activate upon a condition being satisfied. Passives are unique to each Warframe and weapon.
Ash – Hemorrhage
Any Slash Procs inflicted by Ash (from both weapons and abilities) deal 25% more damage and last 50% longer.
Atlas – Monolithic
Wielding explosive power and incredible stamina, Atlas strengthens his insurmountable durability through battle. Atlas possesses various passive mechanics highlighted in the tabs below:
Rubble is a pickup item unique to Atlas that drops from petrified enemies and Rumblers on death. Rubble restores Health to Atlas if he is injured; if Atlas is at full health, Rubble instead grants additional Armor that decays over time.
- Each petrified enemy and each Rumbler will drop 1 piece of Rubble that restores 50 health or provides 50 armor. Rubble will remain on the ground for 30 seconds before crumbling away if left untouched.
- Enemies petrified by Path of Statues' rock trail, Petrify's flash, and the summoning of Rumblers are eligible to drop Rubble.
- Petrified enemies killed by Landslide grant 75 health or armor from their dropped Rubble.
- Rumblers that sustain damage to their health will grant less health points or bonus armor from their dropped Rubble.
- Rubble will not grant armor if at least 1 health point is missing from Atlas' maximum health pool. Excess health points gained will not overflow into bonus armor points.
- Rubble armor is displayed in a circular gauge on the HUD above the ability icons.
- The current number of bonus armor is shown below the gauge and will visibly subtract as bonus armor decays or add as Atlas picks up new Rubble.
- Atlas can accumulate up to a maximum of 1,500 bonus armor.
- Bonus armor decays at a rate of 5 armor points per second.
- Upon picking up Rubble to gain bonus armor, bonus armor decay is paused for 2 seconds. Picking up Rubble to restore health points will not pause armor decay.
- Bonus armor will not be lost if the player falls out of bounds, but will be lost in the event of a host migration.
- The stone icon in the center of the gauge will enlarge or shrink depending on the amount of bonus armor stored. At 0 bonus armor, it remains a pebble; at 1,500 bonus armor, it becomes a large boulder.
- Rock formations will appear on Atlas' body as he accumulates bonus armor.
- Rubble pickup can be vacuumed by Sentinels or the Warframe innate vacuum radius.
- Rubble pickup resembles a piece of stone encased in a translucent layer of reflective rock-shaped metal, which is tinted in Atlas' chosen Warframe energy color.
- Rubble pickups spawned when a petrified enemy or Rumbler dies while airborne will fall to the ground.
Strong as the mountain, Atlas is immune to knockdown effects while in contact with the ground.
Banshee – Suppressor
Chroma – Elemental Alignment
Chroma can alter his abilities to match any basic (uncombined) elemental attribute of the player's choice. This change is performed by customizing Chroma's appearance outside of a mission, specifically his energy color. Color choices are grouped into four categories with each category corresponding to a given element:
- red, magenta, brown, orange and bright yellow hues being Heat;
- blue and purple hues being Electric;
- green, lime, teal and dark yellow hues being Toxin;
- white, grey, black, and some faded colors being Cold.
Note that players do not need to purchase color palettes to unlock the full potential of this trait.
While customizing his energy color, Chroma's active element is displayed in the form of an icon (, , , ). This imgur album can serve as a reference for future color palette purchases.
Ember – Ignition
- Ability Strength bonus and energy regen per second are not affected by Mods.
- Self-inflicted Heat procs from self-damaging weapons can trigger Ember's passive bonuses.
- Energy regeneration from Ignition is paused when World On Fire is active.
Equinox – Equilibrium
- Bright hues change default form to Day-Form;
- Dark hues change default form to Night-Form.
Upon changing colors, Equinox's combined form in Arsenal preview will change her stance animation to reflect the chosen form's personality.
Excalibur – Swordsmanship
- Swords, such as the Skana.
- Dual swords, such as the Dual Skana.
- Nikanas, such as the Dragon Nikana.
- Rapiers, such as the Destreza.
Frost – Cryogenic
Any melee assailant that strikes Frost has a 10% chance to be temporarily frozen on impact.
Gara – Glint
Standing in bright light, Gara has a chance to blind enemies within 12 meters for 10 seconds and expose them to Melee Finisher attacks.
- Blind radius and duration are not affected by Mods.
- Blinded enemies stagger backward and emit smoke from their eyes while affected, similar to the mechanics of Radial Blind.
- Enemies must be within line of sight of Gara to be blinded, but do not have to face toward Gara.
- Can refresh blind duration on currently blinded enemies when Glint procs again.
- Affects enemies crystallized by Mass Vitrify.
- Melee finisher damage benefits from the damage multipliers of Splinter Storm and Mass Vitrify.
Harrow – Conviction
Harrow possesses 200% Overshields capacity, granting him a maximum of 2,400 Overshields.
Hydroid – Deep Tendril
- Melee combos with slam hits have a chance to summon a Tentacle.
- Pilfering Swarm applies to tentacles formed by this passive.
- These tentacles are not affected by Ability Strength or Ability Duration.
- Tentacles detect nearby enemies, grab and thrash them for True Damage bypassing Shields per second
- Each tentacle can hold multiple enemies captive at once.
- Up to 3 tentacles spawned by this passive may exist at once.
Inaros – Undying
- Rather than having the standard Bleedout state of other Warframes, Inaros instead enters an immobile sarcophagus when downed. Aiming at an enemy or ally will siphon life from them, gradually filling his revive meter and allowing Inaros to resurrect himself. Otherwise, he can be revived by other players normally. However, note that Inaros is still in danger of bleeding to death if there are no enemies or allies in sight, or if Inaros is unable to fill his meter before his bleedout timer expires.
- This ability is active even during Solo play.
- If an ally kills the enemy targeted by Inaros it still counts towards his ressurection passive.
- Siphoning does not appear to have a range limit.
- Siphoning from enemies will pull them toward Inaros, similar to Devour.
- Siphoning deals 75 damage to enemies, regardless of Armor. However, it is still subject to other damage resistances and Shields.
- The revive meter is filled by 0.5% for every 1% of an enemy's combined health and shields removed. At least two enemies must be killed for Inaros to be revived.
- Siphon damage can be increased by Provoked.
- The siphoning beam can be dispelled. Enemies that can dispel the beam include: Nullifier Crewmen, Corrupted Nullifiers, Sap Combas, Sap Scrambus, Isolator Bursas, and Disruptor Drones.
- If Justice effect activates during undying Inaros is instantly revived.
- Additionally, killing enemies via Stealth Finishers or Counterattacks will restore 20% of Inaros' maximum health. This passive does not apply to Ground Finishers.
Ivara – Sentry
Limbo – Rift Walk
- Main article: Rift Plane
Limbo has access to the Rift plane, an alternate dimension to the normal environment, or material plane. By performing a Roll (default ), a Sidespring ( or + ), or a Backspring ( + + ), Limbo slides into and out of the Rift plane at will. Several of Limbo's abilities impose the Rift upon the world around him, affecting himself, the environment, enemies, and even allies.
- Limbo can remain indefinitely in either dimension, until he performs the triggering maneuvers again or travels freely between both planes via Cataclysm.
- When sliding into the Rift plane, Limbo leaves a portal in his wake that lasts 5 seconds affected by power duration. Ally players can touch the portal to enter the Rift for 15 seconds which is also affected by power duration, after which they will return to the material plane.
- Allies can perform the trigger maneuvers to return to the material plane.
- Limbo himself can use the portal to enter the Rift with no time limit.
- Additionally, while Limbo and enemies are inside the Rift, each Rift-bound enemy killed grants him 10 energy.
- If Limbo is in the Rift plane, he can still damage enemies outside of it if they are ragdolled.
- Damaging enemies in the Rift plane while being in the material plane is also possible as long as the enemies are ragdolled.
Loki – Wall Grapple
Loki's Wall Latch duration lasts 10 times longer than other Warframes.
Mag – Magnetic Attraction
Mesa – Marksman's Dexterity
Mesa has improved proficiency when using secondary weapons, and gains a health bonus at the expense of not using a melee weapon. The following are the passive bonus available to Mesa:
- +10% fire rate with dual wielded sidearms.
- +20% reload speed for one handed sidearms.
- +50 health when a melee weapon is not equipped.
Mirage – Jester's Proficiency
Mirage has an increased proficiency when performing several Maneuvers.
- +25% faster Bullet Jump speed
- +50% faster Maneuver speed
Nekros – Soul Siphon
A master of death, Nekros regenerates 5 points of Health any time an enemy dies within 10 meters of him.
Nezha – Frictionless
Nezha has reduced friction on the ground, preserving momentum gained from movement for far longer; this makes Nezha capable of especially long slides. This effect stacks with Cunning Drift, Maglev and Streamlined Form.
Nidus – Adaptive Mutation
The Infestation dwelling within Nidus mutates rapidly when used against his foes, fueling his abilities and yielding various symbiotic benefits. Nidus possesses various passive mechanics highlighted in the tabs below:
Mutation is a resource unique to Nidus, indicated by its counter and gauge displayed in the lower-right on the HUD, above the ability icons.
- The gauge is divided into five sections which represent the number of hits dealt to enemies via Nidus' abilities. The counter at the center of the gauge keeps track of the number of Mutation stacks.
- Upon hitting one or more enemies via Virulence or Ravenous, depending on the number of hits the sections of the gauge will light up clockwise. After a total of 5 hits, the gauge finishes a complete cycle and the sections become unlit again, while the counter increases by 1 Mutation stack.
- Abilities are not required to deal damage to enemies, only scoring hits is needed to increase Mutation stacks.
- Mutation stacks are stored until used by the player. Stacks will not disappear in the event of a host migration.
- Ability-nullifying enemies such as Nullifier Crewman will drain 1 Mutation stack every 2 seconds, ramping up the drain rate the longer Nidus remains in their radius.
- Up to a maximum of 100 stacks can be stored. Each stack causes the gauge to gradually appear more infested. Upon reaching 100 stacks, the counter is hidden and the gauge is overlapped by Virulence's ability icon colored in red and black.
- Parasitic Link costs 1 stack to activate instead of using energy.
- Ravenous costs 3 stacks to activate instead of using energy.
- Nidus' appearance changes as more stacks are collected:
- At 3 stacks, tendrils will protrude from his neck and upper spine, while the carapace around his ribs will open.
- At 5 and 7 stacks respectively, the carapace around his thighs and arms will open to reveal more infested flesh and tendrils beneath.
- At 10 stacks, certain sections of his currently-equipped helmet will open up, and many more tendrils will be exposed.
- When stacks fall below the required triggers, Nidus' appearance will revert to the appropriate stage.
If Nidus suffers fatal damage with at least 15 stacks of Mutation, those 15 stacks are consumed, granting him 5 seconds of invulnerability and restoring health to 50%.
- A UI banner displaying "Undying" and an invulnerability timer will appear at the top-center of the screen while this passive is activated. The required amount of Mutation stacks will be visibly subtracted from the counter and gauge.
- If Nidus has less than 15 Mutation stacks, all stacks will be consumed without benefit if he is incapacitated or killed.
- If Nidus has 15 or more stacks while Quick Thinking is equipped, Undying will be given a higher priority, triggering before any energy is drained by Quick Thinking.
Nidus gains the following additional bonus stats while leveling up, alongside regular statistic increases for his health and power pools, indicated at the top-left of the Warframe Upgrade page:
- +10% / +20% / +30% / +40% / +50% Armor (at ranks 3 / 9 / 15 / 21 / 27, respectively)
- 5 / 7 / 9 / 11 / 13 Health regen per second (at ranks 1 / 7 / 13 / 19 / 25, respectively)
- +3% / +6% / +9% / +12% / +15% Ability Strength (at ranks 4 / 10 / 16 / 22 / 28, respectively)
Nova – Explosive Counter
Whenever Nova is knocked down, she emits a field which will knock down and damage enemies in a 6 meter radius.
Nyx – Relinquish
Enemies affected by any of Nyx's abilities have a chance to become Disarmed.
Oberon – Beastmaster
Oberon is one with nature and gains the following perks:
- Allied pets receive a +25% health increase, +25% shield increase, and +75 armor.
- The player's pet receives 1 instant revive per mission.
In Conclave, Oberon is immune to Impairs instead.
Octavia – Harmonic Symphony
Octavia creates musical masterpieces from the Mandachord affixed to her arms that empowers her abilities. She possesses various passive mechanics highlighted in the tabs below:
- For an in-depth guide to the Mandachord by the developers, please visit Update 20.0 patch notes and scroll to the Mandachord section.
The Mandachord is a step sequencer that allows the player to compose unique songs and conduct them in full symphony through Octavia's abilities.
- To access the Mandachord menu, open the Arsenal in your ship, equip Octavia, click on the Warframe's Appearance tab, and select Mandachord at the bottom-right of the screen.
- Once inside the Mandachord menu, the player's view will switch to first-person and look downward at the expanded Mandachord on Octavia's left arm.
- The Mandachord menu comprises of all customization options related to Octavia's abilities.
- Each ability is affected by a section of the Mandachord: Percussion (Mallet), Bass (Resonator), and Melody (Metronome).
- Instruments enable selection of different soundpacks for each section (see Octavia's media for available purchases). The Adau soundpack is available by default, sporting drums for Percussion, violin for Bass, and choir voices for Melody.
- Volume Mixer allows volume adjustments for each section. Volume settings will apply during Mandachord customization and to the appropriate abilities during gameplay.
- Track Isolation enables toggling on or off each section for better audio clarity while composing a song.
- Loop allows selection of bars 1 through 4 to continuously loop for note changes comparison while composing a song. Additionally, a bar's notes can be copied to another bar, or completely cleared from the selected bar.
- Composition enables saving new songs, reloading the current song, and loading custom and instrument songs from your playlist.
- The Mandachord may be paused at any time by clicking the Pause button at the bottom-right corner. Click again to resume.
Casting any ability will inspire Octavia and nearby allies with her music, granting the Inspiration buff that replenishes 1 energy per second for 30 seconds. Allies within 15 meters will receive the Inspiration buff.
- Octavia recasting any ability will also refresh the active Inspiration buff's duration.
- Inspiration buff icon is displayed with a duration timer next to the shield and health indicator at the top-right of the HUD.
- Performing Transference is considered casting an ability, which will trigger Inspiration.
Rhino – Heavy Landing
If Rhino falls fast enough, he will discharge a shockwave upon hitting the ground, dealing damage in a 6 meter area of effect and knocking down nearby enemies. This stacks with Heavy Impact.
Saryn – Potency
Saryn possesses the passive ability of increasing Status Effect duration by 25%.
Titania – Dust Bloom
Titania gains +25% Bullet Jump distance. Bullet jumping also creates a trampoline that lasts 5 seconds and grants the Upsurge buff, giving the same +25% distance to Bullet Jump maneuvers performed in the area. Successive Dust Blooms do not cause the previous instances to disappear, therefore being able to grant the whole squad a consistent buff to their travel momentum.
Trinity – Triage
Trinity can revive fallen allies 20% faster (reviving them in 4 seconds as opposed to 5 seconds) and from further away.
Valkyr – Nimble
Valkyr is nimble, able to recover from knockdown 50% faster and to land from great heights with no touchdown delay.
- Knockdown recovery can stack with Handspring and Constitution for up to 250% recovery speed.
- Currently, Valkyr's immunity to heavy landings prevents her from triggering Heavy Impact.
Vauban – Reinforce
An engineer by trade, Vauban gains 25% bonus Armor for every warframe within 20 meters of him.
Volt – Static Discharge
Travelling along the ground between Volt's attacks (by walking, running, or sliding) will build up static energy, adding bonus Electricity damage toward Volt's next weapon attack or ability cast.
- For every 1 meter traveled, 5 points of Electricity damage are added, accumulating to a maximum of 1000 bonus damage.
- Damage is not affected by Ability Strength.
- Static Discharge can combine with elemental mods on weapons.
- Is not affected by Damage-Mods (e.g. Serration) or Elemental-Mods (e.g. Stormbringer).
- Is affected by Critical Hits and the combo counter of Sniper Rifles.
- Even with Multishot only a single hit will gain the damage bonus.
Wukong – Tenacity
Wukong's Melee Combo Counter has a +2 seconds longer duration (increasing the base combo counter from 3 seconds to 5 seconds). This only affects the base combo counter.
Zephyr – Lightweight
Zephyr is significantly lighter in comparison to other Warframes, dramatically altering her airborne physics. Specifically, she descends slower and has improved aerodynamics which can be used to control her midair movement with greater ease and agility.
Ack & BruntEdit
- Each stack adds ~17.5% elemental damage to the total damage.
- Up to 4 stacks can be collected.
Arca Scisco – Target AnalysisEdit
- The buff lasts for 2 seconds, after which one stack disappears.
- Buff duration can be refreshed by shooting enemies.
Kills done with the Arca Titron will collect a charge, which increases slam attack damage by 100%.
- Up to 10 charges can be collected.
- Charges dissipate after 20 seconds.
Charged shot kills by the Ballistica Prime within 50 meters will create a ghost of the killed enemy that lasts for 7 seconds.
- Draining organic enemies will give Health Orbs.
- Draining mechanical enemies will give Energy Orbs.
- The Broken Scepter has two small orbs that orbit around it, which act as an indicator of how many times the player can use the Scepter's draining ability consecutively.
- One orb is consumed when performing a drain.
- If both orbs are consumed, the player will be unable to drain enemy corpses until the orbs regenerate.
Performing charge attacks with the Caustacyst releases a toxic stream which leaves behind a temporary trail on the ground.
- The stream travels up to 20 meters.
- Corrosive damage is dealt to enemies who are hit by the stream or walk on the trail.
- Enemies hit by the stream are opened up to finishers.
Dual Toxocyst – FrenzyEdit
Landing headshots with the Dual Toxocyst activates the Frenzy buff for 3 seconds:
- A 150% fire rate bonus.
- A 100% Toxin additive damage bonus.
- Reduction in recoil.
- No ammo consumption while firing.
Enemies hit by a thrown Halikar have a chance to be disarmed.
Headshots with the Hema restores health to the player, equal to 10% of the damge dealt.
- Reloading the Hema drains 3% of the player's max health.
Hirudo – InvigoratedEdit
The Hirudo grants a 5% lifesteal and max health buff on critical hits.
- The 5% max health bonus can stack up to 5 times.
Knell – Death KnellEdit
Upon headshots, the Knell grants critical damage and status chance bonuses and unlimited ammo for 3 seconds.
- A 1.5x, 2x or 2.5x critical damage bonus is granted depending on the amount of stacks.
- The 20% status chance bonus is fixed and is not affected by the amount of stacks.
Movement speed is increased by 5% with the Kogake Prime equipped.
Throwing the Orvius at an enemy while channeling will make the weapon home in, fly above the target enemy's head, and then suspend the enemy in mid-air. The disc will last for 5 seconds before exploding, dealing damage to all enemies within its radius.
- The Orvius will deal damage on the suspended enemy approximately once per second with a 100% status chance.
Rakta Dark DaggerEdit
- The amount of shields restored depends on the amount of damage dealt and can provide overshields.
Melee charge attacks with the Sancti Magistar emits a healing pulse that heals the user and all friendlies in a 15 meter radius.
- The amount healed depends on the amount of damage dealt.
- Healing pulse range is affected by melee range mods.
- Damage dealt by status effects to the user is reduced by 50%.
Enemies killed by the Secura Lecta drop additional credits.
Charged melee attacks grant the Sibear a 50% status chance bonus for 4 seconds.
Silva & AegisEdit
- Up to 4 stacks can be collected.
Sigma & OctantisEdit
Aerial attacks throw the shield of the Sigma & Octantis.
- The shield is thrown 25-30 meters away.
- Enemies hit by the shield are opened up to finishers.
Channeled kills with Synoid Heliocor create a specter of the slain enemy that lasts 30 seconds.
- A specter is created only if the player has full Codex scans of the enemy.
- Enemies killed by the Synoid Heliocor are scanned as long as players have a Codex Scanner.
Slide attacks with the Telos Boltace creates a vortex with a radius of 14 meters, which pulls in and staggers enemies.
- Performing a second slide attack will disperse the vortex and ragdoll enemies with a radial blast.
- Users gain a 20% boost to Bullet Jump velocity, Wall Latch and Aim Glide duration.
- Enemies hit by the Radial Blind are blinded for 5 seconds.
- Blind range is affected by melee range mods.
- Users have +50% chance to resist knockbacks or knockdowns.
Innate melee combo counter of 0.75 instead of the usual 0.5.
|Currencies||Credits • Ducats • Platinum • Standing|
|General||Arcanes • Arsenal • Buff & Debuff • Clan • Daily Tribute • Foundry • Fusion • Mastery Rank • Mods • Orbiter • Polarization • Trading • Transmutation|
|Gameplay||Alert (Tactical) • Archwing • Challenge Reward • Death • Death Mark • Enemy Behavior • Maneuvers • Matchmaking • Mission • One-Handed Action • Squad • Tile Sets|
|Stealth||Hacking • Noise Level • Stealth|
|Equipment||Warframe||Affinity • Attributes (Armor • Energy • Health • Shield) • Abilities • Passives • Threat Level|
|Weapons||Accuracy • Ammo • Attack Speed • Critical Hit • Damage • Fire Rate • Melee • Multishot • Projectile Speed • Punch Through • Recoil • Reload • Status • Zoom|
|Operator||Focus (Madurai • Vazarin • Naramon • Unairu • Zenurik)|
|Technical||Key Bindings • HUD • Settings|
|Mathematical||Drop Rate Tables • Level Scaling • Maximization (Duration • Efficiency • Range • Strength) • User Research|