The Phage is an Infested shotgun that fires seven beams in a fairly wide spread. Zooming in focuses these beams closer together, allowing the Phage to perform well against groups or individual targets when needed. Contrary to its description, it deals Viral damage.
Holding Zoom narrows from an extremely wide spread to Synapse-like accuracy over about 1.5 seconds. Every time you hold the trigger, it must readjust before it can focus it's firepower.
|Time: 24 hr|
|Market Price: 175||Blueprint Price: 15,000|
|Bio Lab Research Requirements|
|Time: 72. hr|
|Prereq: Mutagen Mass|
|Ghost x1 Shadow x3 Storm x10 Mountain x35 Moon x100|
- Extremely low ammo consumption rate, roughly 1 unit of ammo per second.
- Deals Viral damage, making it good against most Corrupted, Grineer and Corpus.
- Good status chance even for a shotgun, excellent for a continuous weapon.
- Multiple fire modes, changed by holding zoom.
- Has innate Punch Through of less than 0.5 meters, allowing it to bypass a Shield Lancer's shield.
- The starting spread is quite wide, and it takes some time to focus the beams together.
- It will lose focus the instant you stop firing, land from a jump, or step off a ledge.
- Deals reduced damage against Chargers and Leapers.
- Limited range of 25 meters, on par with the Flux Rifle.
- Main article: Category:Phage Build
See the user build section for builds using this weapon.
- The "Focus" of the beams can be paused at an intermediate stage by releasing zoom. This can be used to dispatch different groupings of enemies more efficiently.
- Vicious Spread and Tainted Shell will only affect the initial spread of the beam.
- The time required to focus the beams cannot be modified by any means.
- Hell's Chamber will increase the amount of beams fired, with the extra beams clearly separate from one another.
- Firing the beams through Volt's Electric Shield will cause the beams to focus into straight lines and gain very long (although not infinite) range.
- Using Seeking Force will allow the beams to go through objects.
- Due to its spread being controllable and damage being continuous, this weapon is quite effective at destroying reactor cores for Sabotage missions.
- Like with all continuous weapons, you can be cloaked by a Shade or Huras Kubrow as you are fire the weapon, and the cloak will not disengage unless you move out of range of enemies or stop firing the weapon and fire it again, granting high DPS to enemies with little retaliation.
- Sprinting, falling or otherwise interrupting your movement will result in the Phage's focus being reset to its max width.
- The Phage can be treated as a hybrid of both the Flux Rifle and the Synapse, due to Phage's instantaneous charge spread across seven beams that can be synchronized together.
- Shooting the Phage with a short tap may not seem to consume ammo, but each ammo unit of the Phage is split up into many, so you are actually consuming a fraction of ammo.
- The damage listed is a combination of all the Phage's streams. The actual damage per stream is a little above 47, as there are 7 streams.
- Possible bug with using Phage and a Huras Kubrow where if you're holding down left click (firing) with Phage you can still become invisible from Stalk. This will cause you, your Kubrow, and Phage's lasers that are still firing to become invisible but still do damage despite the enemies not knowing where you are.
- Phage is the Greek word for "devour". The Phage itself may derive its name from Bacteriophages (viruses that consume bacteria) or Macrophages (cells that consume bacteria and cellular debris).
- This is the first shotgun to have a continuous-firing feature, as well as the first Infested shotgun. It is also the first purely elemental shotgun.
- The oval light near the trigger beats like a heart, which suggests that this weapon is alive.
- The weapon is vaugly simliar visually to the Impaler Cannon from Warhammer 40K.
- The Phage could possibly be a reference to Star Trek: Voyager, in which an alien species has an outbreak of a disease called the Phage.
|Energy||Dual Cestra • Medium Team Energy Restore • Medium Team Shield Restore • Serro • Prova • Supra • Quanta • Dera • Amprex • Spectra • Flux Rifle • Lanka • Helios • Glaxion • Opticor|
|Bio||Phage • Torid • Medium Team Heal Restore • Acrid • Dual Ichor • Scoliac • Embolist • Djinn • Mutalist Quanta • Synapse|
|Chem||Jat Kittag • Medium Team Ammo Restore • Ignis • Marelok • Grinlok • Ogris• Buzlok|
|Tenno||Banshee • Volt • Zephyr • Castanas • Silva & Aegis • Akstiletto • Nami Skyla • Nikana • Pyrana • Sybaris • Attica • Venka|
|Components||Detonite Injector • Fieldron • Mutagen Mass|