The Pox are a thrown Infested weapon released in Update: The Silver Grove. Similar to the Torid, the Pox's projectiles release a toxic cloud upon coming into contact with a surface or enemy, making it ideal for large groups or area denial. However, its low magazine size and ammunition reserves mean that players must be mindful of their ammo.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 175||Blueprints Price: 15,000|
|Bio Lab Research •3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|Prereq: Dual Toxocyst|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
This weapon deals Toxin damage.
- Spores create gas clouds which deal 15 Toxin damage/s for 4 seconds. The clouds guarantee a Toxin proc, in addition to having status chance to proc the elemental damage of the weapon every second.
- 50% bonus damage to Flesh and 25% bonus damage to Ferrite Armor, making this weapon generally effective against Grineer and Corpus without any elemental mods.
- Toxin ignores shields and directly damages health, becoming very effective at killing Corpus units.
- Gas cloud deals damage over time.
- Pox clouds can be stacked.
- Fast Reload Speed.
- Does not inflict self-damage.
- Can use the exclusive Fulmination Mod.
- High Status Chance. Easy to achieve 100% status chance with the right mods.
- Low ammo capacity of 20.
- Small magazine size of 4.
- Ammo pickups only provide 10 ammo.
- Slow fire rate.
- Slow Projectile Speed, with heavy arcing.
- Toxin damage deals 25% less to Robotics.
- Unlike the Torid, sacs explode on impact and do not stick to surfaces.
- Cannot use thrown secondary exclusive mod Concealed Explosives.
- Compared to the Torid, the Pox can deal more damage and inflict status effects more quickly, but the Pox's spores will not stick to enemies and the cloud will only linger where the spores hit.
- Pox has a noticeably bigger lingering cloud when Fulmination is equipped.
- As the Pox explode on contact with surfaces instead of sticking to them, adding Heat, Electricity or Blast damage is recommended to keep enemies in the clouds for extended periods.
- The high status chance of the Pox, along with its innate Toxin damage makes it an effective tool to strip off enemy armor via Corrosive procs.
- This weapon performs especially well in corridors and cramped spaces where enemies are forced to cluster together, and the stacked gas clouds can make short work of them.
- Pox users should be mindful about their ammo reserves when using this tactic, however, because they might find themselves ganged up by enemies while trying to pick up ammo drops.
- Pox refers to a type of disease that is characterized by pustules or pockmarks that cover the whole body, examples of which include Chickenpox and Smallpox.
- In earlier times, Pox may be used to refer to diseases in general, or a curse.