The Prisma Gorgon is the Prisma variant of the Gorgon light machine gun, featuring higher critical chance, critical damage multiplier, status chance, fire rate, magazine size and capacity, and accuracy, and faster spool-up and reload, at a slight expense to damage.
The Prisma Gorgon is potentially sold by Baro Ki'Teer in the Concourse section of the Tenno Relay for 50,000 and 600. Note that Baro Ki'Teer's stock changes with each appearance, and this weapon may not be available on a succeeding appearance.
This weapon deals primarily Impact damage.
- Good base damage.
- Tied with Soma/Soma Prime and Telos Boltor for the highest critical chance of all fully automatic rifles.
- High critical damage.
- Good status chance.
- High accuracy at short range.
- High damage per second once fully spooled.
- High sustainable rate of fire.
- Large magazine size.
- Large ammo capacity.
- Low Slash and Puncture damage – less effective against health and armor.
- Low reload speed.
- Requires a spool-up of 12 shots before optimal fire rate is achieved.
- Inaccurate beyond medium range.
- Inefficient ammo economy.
- Prisma Gorgon, compared to Gorgon:
- Lower base damage (23.1 vs. 25.0)
- Higher critical chance (30% vs. 17%)
- Higher critical damage multiplier (2.3x vs. 1.5x)
- Higher status chance (15% vs. 9%)
- Higher fire rate (14.17 rounds/sec vs. 12.5 rounds/sec)
- Larger magazine (120 rounds vs. 90 rounds)
- Larger max ammo capacity (840 rounds vs. 540 rounds)
- Faster reload speed (3 s vs. 4.2 s)
- Faster spool-up (12 rounds vs. 15 rounds)
- More accurate (20 vs. 12)
- Higher Mastery Rank required (11 vs. 3)
- Prisma Gorgon, compared to Gorgon Wraith:
- Lower base damage (23.1 vs. 27.0)
- Higher critical chance (30% vs. 15%)
- Higher critical damage multiplier (2.3x vs. 1.9x)
- Lower status chance (15% vs. 21%)
- Higher fire rate (14.17 rounds/sec vs. 13.3 rounds/sec)
- Larger magazine (120 rounds vs. 90 rounds)
- Smaller max ammo capacity (840 rounds vs. 900 rounds)
- Slower spool-up (12 rounds vs. 10 rounds)
- More accurate (20 vs. 17)
- Higher Mastery Rank required (11 vs. 7)
- See Category:Prisma Gorgon Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Prisma Gorgon Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- While the Prisma Gorgon has the same vertical recoil behavior as the Gorgon and the Gorgon Wraith, it has significantly reduced horizontal recoil, which combined with its higher accuracy stats makes it overall more accurate at longer ranges.
- Like the Gorgon and the Gorgon Wraith, the Prisma Gorgon has a spool-down period in which it can retain its maximum rate of fire after releasing the trigger. Firing the weapon to maximum rate of fire, releasing the trigger and then firing before the spool-down period finishes allows the weapon to be fired in short bursts.
- Speed Trigger and/or Shred speeds up the rate of fire, which subsequently reduces the time needed to spool up to maximum fire rate. Doing so will hasten the rate at which the weapon consumes ammo, however.
- The Prisma Gorgon's high rate of fire makes it ammo inefficient. Rifle Ammo Mutation and/or Rifle Scavenger mods can be used to maintain a steady supply of ammo. Alternatively, use Team Ammo Restores to instantly replenish ammo. Due to its large ammo reserve capacity, Ammo Drum will also have a higher and more beneficial impact. You can also make use of the Carrier Sentinel equipped with Ammo Case.
- Adding Punch Through via Shred or Metal Auger can aid ammo efficiency when dealing with large groups of enemies, particularly the Infested.
- The Prisma Gorgon was leaked as an entry in the player Profile under Equipment before it was formally introduced.
- Parts of the Prisma Gorgon have animated textures to differentiate it from its previous variants.
- The Prisma Gorgon also has modified firing sounds similar to a Prime weapon.
- The Prisma Gorgon's colors can be customized, a trait shared with its variants.
- The Prisma Gorgon was the first item to have the "Prisma" prefix in its name.
Prisma Gorgon Skins
|Weapons||Machete Wraith • Mara Detron • Prisma Angstrum • Prisma Dual Cleavers • Prisma Gorgon • Prisma Grakata • Prisma Obex • Prisma Skana • Prisma Tetra • Prisma Veritux • Prova Vandal • Quanta Vandal • Supra Vandal • Viper Wraith • Vulkar Wraith|
|Cosmetics||Anpu Staff Skin • Anpu Sugatra • Day of the Dead Dark Sword Skin • Day of the Dead Wysar Kavat Armor • Display - Argyle • Domus Syandana • Eos Prime Armor • Hydroid Immortal Skin • Kavat Sentinel Attachments • Ki'Teer Arrow Skin • Ki'Teer Atmos Diadem • Ki'Teer Atmos Earpiece • Ki'Teer Atmos Mask • Ki'Teer Armor • Ki'Teer Diax Syandana • Ki'Teer Earpiece • Ki'Teer Foros Armor • Ki'Teer Kavat Armor • Ki'Teer Kubrow Armor • Ki'Teer Razza Syandana • Ki'Teer Sekhara • Ki'Teer Sentinel Attachments • Ki'Teer Solo Earpiece • Ki'Teer Solstice Syandana • Ki'Teer Sugatra • Ki'Teer Syandana • Liset Prisma Skin • Mantis Prisma Skin • Nexus Fur Pattern • Nexus Gene-Masking Kit • Noggle Statue - Baro Ki'Teer • Noggle Statue - Excalibur with Odonata • Odonata Elixis Skin • Opticor Elixis Skin • Pedestal Prime • Prisma Arrows • Prisma Daedalus Armor • Prisma Edo Armor • Prisma Hecate Syandana • Prisma Sentinel Attachments • Prisma Naberus • Prisma Sigil • Prisma Yamako Syandana • Pyra Sugatra • Quanta Aufeis Skin • Redeemer Elixis Skin • Scimitar Prisma Skin • Sonicor Elixis Skin • Twin Grakata Towsun Skin • Xiphos Prisma Skin • Zephyr Immortal Skin|
|Warframe||Primed Continuity • Primed Flow|
|Primary||Crash Course • Fanged Fusillade • Primed Bane of Corpus • Primed Bane of Corrupted • Primed Bane of Grineer • Primed Bane of Infested • Primed Cryo Rounds • Primed Fast Hands • Primed Rifle Ammo Mutation • High Voltage • Thermite Rounds|
|Pistol||Jolt • Maim • Primed Heated Charge • Primed Pistol Gambit • Primed Pistol Ammo Mutation • Primed Slip Magazine • Primed Target Cracker • Pummel • Scorch (Mod)|
|Shotgun||Full Contact • Primed Point Blank • Primed Ravage • Primed Shotgun Ammo Mutation • Scattering Inferno • Shell Shock • Sweeping Serration|
|Melee||Buzz Kill • Collision Force • Primed Fever Strike • Primed Heavy Trauma • Primed Pressure Point • Primed Reach • Volcanic Edge • Voltaic Strike|
|Stances||Astral Twilight • Tempo Royale • Vermilion Storm|
|Archwing||Primed Morphic Transformer|
|Umbral||Umbral Intensify • Umbral Fiber • Umbral Vitality|