“Maybe next time.”This item is not available for purchase from the Void Trader at this time.
The Prisma Gorgon is a variant of the Gorgon light machine gun that features a unique Prisma skin and modified stats. It can be obtained from the Void Trader, Baro Ki'Teer, when he brings it. Like its predecessor, the Prisma Gorgon sports a sizable magazine size with a high rate of fire, offset by the spooling time and long reload time. Notably, the Prisma Gorgon grants a higher magazine and ammo reserve values along with its other boosted stats over its predecessor.
This weapon deals primarily Impact damage.
- Good base damage.
- High damage per second once fully spooled.
- High sustainable rate of fire.
- Large magazine size.
- Large ammo capacity.
- Tied with Soma/Soma Prime and Telos Boltor for the highest critical chance of all fully automatic rifles.
- High critical damage multiplier.
- Good status chance.
- Requires a short period of time to reach optimal firing rate.
- Inaccurate beyond medium range.
- Inefficient ammo economy.
- Slow reload speed.
- Low Slash and Puncture damage – less effective against health and armor.
- Prisma Gorgon, compared to Gorgon:
- Lower base damage (23.1 vs. 25.1)
- Higher critical chance (30% vs. 17%)
- Higher critical damage multiplier (2.3x vs. 1.5x)
- Higher status chance (15% vs. 9%)
- Higher fire rate (14.17 rounds/sec vs. 12.5 rounds/sec)
- Larger magazine (120 rounds vs. 90 rounds)
- Larger max ammo capacity (840 rounds vs. 540 rounds)
- Faster reload speed (3 s vs. 4.2 s)
- Faster spool-up (12 rounds vs. 15 rounds)
- More accurate (20 vs. 12)
- Higher Mastery Rank required (11 vs. 3)
- Prisma Gorgon, compared to Gorgon Wraith:
- Lower base damage (23.1 vs. 27.0)
- Higher critical chance (30% vs. 15%)
- Higher critical damage multiplier (2.3x vs. 1.9x)
- Lower status chance (15% vs. 21%)
- Higher fire rate (14.17 rounds/sec vs. 13.3 rounds/sec)
- Larger magazine (120 rounds vs. 90 rounds)
- Smaller max ammo capacity (840 rounds vs. 900 rounds)
- Slower spool-up (12 rounds vs. 10 rounds)
- More accurate (20 vs. 17)
- Higher Mastery Rank required (11 vs. 7)
- See Category:Prisma Gorgon Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Prisma Gorgon Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- The Prisma Gorgon can be purchased from Baro Ki'Teer in the Concourse section of the Tenno Relay for 50,000 and 600. Note that Baro Ki'Teer's stock changes with each appearance, and this weapon may not be available on a succeeding appearance.
- Unranked Prisma Gorgons without Forma and Orokin Catalysts can be traded between players.
- While the Prisma Gorgon has the same vertical recoil behavior as the Gorgon and the Gorgon Wraith, it has significantly reduced horizontal recoil, which combined with its higher accuracy stats makes it overall more accurate at longer ranges.
- The Prisma Gorgon gains an additional 5% critical chance and a boost in critical damage, at the cost of having 10% less status chance compared to the Wraith variant (and the same compared to the normal Gorgon). This makes it mildly suitable for a critical build.
- Like the Gorgon and the Gorgon Wraith, the Prisma Gorgon has a spool-down period in which it can retain its maximum rate of fire after releasing the trigger. Firing the weapon to maximum rate of fire, releasing the trigger and then firing before the spool-down period finishes allows the weapon to be fired in short bursts.
- Speed Trigger and/or Shred speeds up the rate of fire, which subsequently reduces the time needed to spool up to maximum fire rate. Doing so will hasten the rate at which the weapon consumes ammo, however.
- The Prisma Gorgon's high rate of fire makes it ammo inefficient. Rifle Ammo Mutation and/or Rifle Scavenger mods can be used to maintain a steady supply of ammo. Alternatively, use Team Ammo Restores to instantly replenish ammo. Due to its large ammo reserve capacity, Ammo Drum will also have a higher and more beneficial impact. You can also make use of the Carrier Sentinel equipped with Ammo Case.
- Adding punch through via Shred or Metal Auger can aid ammo efficiency when dealing with large groups of enemies, particularly the Infested.
- The Prisma Gorgon was leaked as an entry in the player Profile under Equipment before it was formally introduced.
- Parts of the Prisma Gorgon have animated textures to differentiate it from its previous variants.
- The Prisma Gorgon also has modified firing sounds similar to a Prime weapon.
- The Prisma Gorgon's colors can be customized, a trait shared with its variants.
- The Prisma Gorgon was the first item to have the "Prisma" prefix in its name.
Prisma Gorgon Skins
|Weapons||Machete Wraith • Mara Detron • Prisma Angstrum • Prisma Dual Cleavers • Prisma Gorgon • Prisma Grakata • Prisma Obex • Prisma Skana • Prisma Tetra • Prisma Veritux • Prova Vandal • Quanta Vandal • Vulkar Wraith|
|Cosmetics||Baro Ki'Teer Noggle • Nexus Fur Pattern • Prisma Daedalus Armor • Prime Eos Armor • Prisma Arrows • Prisma Hecate Syandana • Prisma Sigil • Prisma Yamako • Pyra Sugatra|
|Warframe||Primed Continuity • Primed Flow|
|Primary||Crash Course • Fanged Fusillade • Primed Bane of Corpus • Primed Bane of Corrupted • Primed Bane of Grineer • Primed Bane of Infested • Primed Cryo Rounds • Primed Fast Hands • Primed Rifle Ammo Mutation • High Voltage|
|Pistol||Jolt • Maim • Primed Heated Charge • Primed Pistol Gambit • Primed Pistol Ammo Mutation • Primed Slip Magazine • Primed Target Cracker • Pummel|
|Shotgun||Full Contact • Primed Point Blank • Primed Ravage • Primed Shotgun Ammo Mutation • Shell Shock • Sweeping Serration|
|Melee||Buzz Kill • Collision Force • Primed Fever Strike • Primed Heavy Trauma • Primed Pressure Point • Primed Reach • Voltaic Strike|
|Stances||Astral Twilight • Tempo Royale • Vermilion Storm|
|Archwing||Primed Morphic Transformer|