The Pyrana is an automatic Tenno shotgun secondary, available from the Tenno Lab. With its fast fire rate and its physical damage leaning towards Slash damage, the Pyrana can easily decimate groups of lightly armored targets or the Infested. However, this is counterbalanced by its small magazine size and long reload time.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 175||Blueprints Price: 15,000|
|Tenno Lab Research •3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
This weapon deals primarily Slash damage.
- High Slash damage - effective against Infested, Flesh and Cloned Flesh.
- Highest pellet count of all the shotgun sidearms.
- With a maxed Barrel Diffusion and Lethal Torrent mod, has the most pellets of all shotguns-type weapons.
- Good critical chance.
- Efficient ammo economy for a shotgun.
- Low accuracy.
- High recoil generated, especially on full auto.
- Small magazine coupled with a below average reload time hamper its sustained DPS.
- Low Impact and Puncture damage, making it less effective against shields and armor.
- Damage falloff makes it less effective at long ranges.
- See Category:Pyrana Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Pyrana Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- The listed damage is actually a combination of all twelve pellets' damage values. The actual damage per pellet is 2.2 impact, 2.2 puncture, and 17.6 slash.
- Due to the Pyrana's low magazine size, it is recommended to install Quickdraw and/or Stunning Speed to reduce reload times and increase sustained damage.
- While more ammo-efficient than other full-auto secondaries like the Viper, Pistol Ammo Mutation, Pistol Scavenger or Team Ammo Restores can still help counteract the Pyrana's heavy ammo expenditure if fired continuously in full auto.
- To reduce the massive amounts of recoil, use Steady Hands.
- Barrel Diffusion can greatly increase the amount of pellets per shot (a fully ranked Barrel Diffusion can yield up to 26 pellets per shot). Although it can be paired with Lethal Torrent for more pellets, it will increase your rate of fire tremendously and deplete your ammo very quickly.
- However, the net result is 33-34 pellets, the highest out of ANY shotgun. Coupled with its high crit chance, it can be a very deadly close-quarters weapon.
- Combining Punch Through mods such as Seeker will make this weapon especially deadly against clustered enemies coming in too close.
- The weapon's name, design and description are all derived from the piranha, an omnivorous freshwater fish that inhabits South American rivers. The piranha is well known for hunting its prey in packs and viciously tearing it apart.