“Maybe next time.”This item is not available for purchase from the Void Trader at this time.
The Quanta Vandal is the Vandal variant of the Quanta mining laser cutter, offered as a reward for attaining a minimum of 1,500 points in the Operation False Profit event. It features a larger magazine size, higher status chance and increased Alternate Fire damage output over the original.
- Innate Electricity damage - effective against Machinery and Robotics.
- Alt-fire has innate Blast damage - effective against Machinery and Fossilized.
- Alt-fire lobs a small cube that explodes in a 6 meter radius after a period of time or when hitting an enemy, with a high chance to proc.
- Attacking the cube before it hits an enemy will prematurely detonate the cube, dealing twice as much damage.
- Amount of cubes is limited only by ammunition.
- Cubes can land reliable headshots by detonating them above targets.
- Unlike most explosive weapons, Quanta does not deal self-damage.
- High critical chance.
- High critical damage multiplier.
- Very high status chance.
- Primary fire is pinpoint accurate.
- Alt-fire has high accuracy.
- Primary fire is tied with normal Quanta for the longest reach of all range-limited weapons, 50 meters.
- Consumes 0.5 ammo per tick of damage.
- Has a polarity.
- Innate Electricity damage - less effective against Alloy Armor.
- Innate Blast damage - less effective against Ferrite Armor.
- Damage ramps up from 20% to 100% over 0.6 seconds when firing. After firing stops for 0.8 seconds, the damage decays back to 20% over 2 seconds.
- Low ammo efficiency on alt-fire.
- Cubes consume 10 rounds per shot.
- Quanta Vandal, compared to Quanta:
- Higher base damage (26.0 vs. 20.0)
- Higher critical chance (22% vs. 16%)
- Higher critical damage multiplier (2.4x vs. 2.2x)
- Higher status chance (30% vs. 16%)
- Larger magazine (80 rounds vs. 60 rounds)
- Faster reload speed (1.8 s vs. 2 s)
- Different polarities ( vs. )
- Higher Mastery Rank required (10 vs. 4)
- This weapon was originally obtained by gaining at least 1,500 points in the Operation False Profit event
- The Quanta Vandal can be purchased from Baro Ki'Teer in the Concourse section of the Tenno Relay for 300,000 and 450. Note that Baro Ki'Teer's stock changes with each appearance, and this weapon may not be available on a succeeding appearance.
- This weapon is now tradable as of Hotfix 18.8.1.
- The primary fire is a single Electricity element which combines with other single element mods, and the secondary Blast does not. Quanta can carry a variety of elemental effects.
- As with all Event weapons, the Quanta Vandal comes with its own weapon slot and a pre-installed Orokin Catalyst. When purchased from Baro Ki'Teer, however, the weapon comes with neither.
- Heavy Caliber will not affect the accuracy of the primary fire as badly as it does on other continuous weapons, but multishot will affect the secondary fire by launching the cubes at noticeably different angles.
- Terminal Velocity will increase the flight speed of the cube and the distance it travels before it comes to a complete stop.
- Cubes will immediately explode when impacting the following surfaces, allowing instant high damage to enemies:
- This is the sixth Vandal weapon to be released.
Quanta Vandal Skins
- Quanta, the original version of this weapon.
- Mutalist Quanta, the hybrid Infested version of the original weapon.
- Paracyst, the fully Infested version of the original weapon.