Regulators are supportive Grineer units which are found in the Grineer Settlement. They look and function similar to the Grineer Informers but do not disappear on the first shot that does not kill them.
As long as they are floating above other enemy units, an orange glow will surround the units, similar to Rhino's Roar. This will give the units in range increased damage and speed. Just like the Informers, they also disrupt the player's mini-map.
- Players who are equipped with either or both Enemy Sense and Enemy Radar will be most likely to be affected by radar jamming abilities of the Regulators, as these would screen off any indicated enemy on the players' minimap. The minimap itself only receives minor scrambles but remains visually capable for navigation. (As seen to the right)
- Locating Regulators with a minimap, following the tactic above, is impossible. It is best to look around or at most unexpected areas where traditional Grineer are not commonly found.
- Players who use headphones or headsets can take advantage in searching Regulators through their voices.
- Regulator does not count towards the tally numbers during Exterminate missions.
- These are the easiest Grineer units to destroy, as they have no offensive capabilities and does not have scaled health.
"Atusun Grineer! Tenno daryo no'ef! Gar argreogre'ef! Tu huscra'ef unsu natake no tosonias!"
- They are first introduced as a "reward" of the Arid Fear Event.
- They also function like some kind of announcer for the Grineer, as a female voice can be heard announcing messages in Grineer language.
- It seems the Regulators were mentioned in the Arid Fear victory lore. Captain Vor mentions in his message to the Twin Queens that he will "bring their messages of encouragement to rile up the troops". Judging by the female voice of the Regulator's broadcast, it is implied that the messages being broadcasted are those of the Queens.
- After the Informer project failed, the Grineer removed the Orokin cloaking device and replaced it with a radio transmitter that transmitted the Queens' voice to the frontlines.
- The word "Gaser" is written all over it in Grineer language.
- There is a Frontier variant in the Grineer Forest that transmits Vay Hek's voice instead, and in English.
- Note: After the Frontier Regulator was added into the game, the name of the gray Regulators from Phobos in the codex was incorrectly changed to Frontier Regulator as well.
- They can be Mind Controlled by Nyx, however they do not provide any buffs to the player faction.
- Even whilst Mind-Controlled, they still scramble the Tenno's map, and continue to buff enemy Grineer.
- Regulators spawned in Void Capture Grineer themed missions cannot become Mind Controlled, however Regulators that are found elsewhere can.
|Light||Butcher • Flameblade • Guardsman • Powerfist • Scorpion • Shield Lancer|
|Medium||Ballista • Eviscerator • Hellion • Lancer • Elite Lancer • Scorch • Seeker • Trooper|
|Heavy||Bombard • Commander • Drahk Master • Hyekka Master • Heavy Gunner • Manic • Napalm|
|Utility||Arc Trap • Drahk • Hyekka • Latcher • Manic Bombard • Orbital Strike Drone • Propaganda Drone • Regulator • Roller (Sentry) • Sensor Bar • Sensor Regulator • Target • Warden • Power Carrier|
|Archwing||Dargyn • Hellion Dargyn • Shield Dargyn • Shield-Hellion Dargyn • Dreg • Lancer Dreg • Temporal Dreg • Ogma • Zeplen|
|Submersible||Darek Draga • Draga • Shock Draga • Sikula|
| Balor Fomorian • Captain Vor • Councilor Vay Hek • General Sargas Ruk • The Grustrag Three|
Kela De Thaym • Lieutenant Lech Kril • Tyl Regor • Ven'kra Tel & Sprag