Research is the process of using materials to create interesting and unique weapons and items. The Oracle Room must be built before any of the labs can be built and research can begin. Each lab room represents a separate area of research for different types of weapons and items. All projects will take 1.5 days or 36 hours to research, as no project can be rushed for platinum. Once research is complete, Tenno will be able to purchase the Blueprints from the Respective Lab.
Research costs will vary, depending on the clan tier. Ghost, Shadow, Storm, Mountain, and Moon clans must contribute amounts scaled to their membership caps. Note that this is not always the case for some researches and may differ. Resources below are the lowest denomination, as seen in Ghost clans. For bigger clans, follow these multipliers:
- Ghost: Base Requirement (Not Multiplied)
- Shadow: 3 Times
- Storm: 10 Times
- Mountain: 30 Times
- Moon: 100 Times
Quick Research SetupEdit
Note: with current mechanics, at least as recent as u16, this setup as explained is not possible. Several rooms, as presented, would overlap other rooms, which is not an available option.
To setup the ability to research all projects you need the following:
- x3 Cross Shaped Hallways
- x2(3) Reactors
- x2 T Shaped Connectors
- One Oracle
- One Bio Lab
- One Chem Lab
- One Energy Lab
- One Tenno Lab
The method posted previously does not take into account that certain rooms take up more space (not capacity) than others and therefore can't be placed in certain locations. It's possible to create a complete Dojo with the material requirements listed above but some of the rooms need to be moved around. I've contstructed this Dojo myself and tested that all the placements shown here are valid. Please forgive my terrible Paint skills!
Starting with a Clan Hall (black):
- (Purple) Build a Reactor and Cross Hallway
- (Blue) Build two more Cross Hallways and an Elevator (optional)
- (Green) Build two more Reactors, two T Hallways, and an Oracle
- (Orange) Build all the Labs attached to the remaining nodes.
Note that the Orokin Lab is the only Lab that can't fit in the bottom node of the second/third Cross Hallways
- Research is not lost when destroying a lab, and researched items will still be unlocked upon re-making the lab.
- Each Lab has holograms or models of its respective faction's weapons except the Chemical lab contains the Acrid.
- Sometimes the game shows +1 than the real value of the resources to do a research.(Sample: 250 rubedo appear as 251 rubedo) You do not need to put that extra one.
- In addition, some values appear to double or even triple in amount to do a research (Sample: Research on Supra requires 10,000 Credits; it will appear in the game as 1,000,000 Credits instead.) The intended amount of resources needed to research something does not change. (Confirmed on PlayStation 4)
|Energy||Dual Cestra • Medium Team Energy Restore • Medium Team Shield Restore • Serro • Prova • Supra • Quanta • Dera • Amprex • Spectra • Flux Rifle • Lanka • Helios • Glaxion • Opticor|
|Bio||Phage • Torid • Medium Team Heal Restore • Acrid • Dual Ichor • Scoliac • Embolist • Djinn • Mutalist Quanta • Synapse • Paracyst|
|Chem||Jat Kittag • Medium Team Ammo Restore • Ignis • Marelok • Grinlok • Buzlok • Nukor • Kohmak • Ogris • Grattler • Ack & Brunt|
|Tenno||Itzal • Banshee • Volt • Zephyr • Fluctus • Velocitus • Dual Raza • Castanas • Silva & Aegis • Akstiletto • Nami Skyla • Nikana • Pyrana • Sybaris • Attica • Venka|
|Components||Detonite Injector • Fieldron • Mutagen Mass|