Research is the process of using materials to create interesting and unique weapons and items. The Oracle Room must be built before any of the labs can be built and research can begin. Each lab room represents a separate area of research for different types of weapons and items. All projects will take 1.5 days or 36 hours to research, as no project can be rushed for platinum. Once research is complete, Tenno will be able to purchase the Blueprints from the Respective Lab.
Research costs will vary, depending on the clan tier. Ghost, Shadow, Storm, Mountain, and Moon clans must contribute amounts scaled to their membership caps. Note that this is not always the case for some researches and may differ. Resources below are the lowest denomination, as seen in Ghost clans. For bigger clans, follow these multipliers:
- Ghost: Base Requirement (Not Multiplied)
- Shadow: 3 Times
- Storm: 10 Times
- Mountain: 30 Times
- Moon: 100 Times
Quick Research SetupEdit
Note: with current mechanics, at least as recent as u16, this setup as explained is not possible. Several rooms, as presented, would overlap other rooms, which is not an available option.
To setup the ability to research all projects you need the following:
- x3 Cross Shaped Hallways
- x2(3) Reactors
- x2 T Shaped Connectors
- One Oracle
- One Bio Lab
- One Chem Lab
- One Energy Lab
- One Tenno Lab
You need to construct them in the following order:
- Build A Reactor on one end of the Hall (or else you can't build the Crossed Shaped Hallways). (Red)
- Build the x3 Crossed Shaped Hallways and the x2 Reactors (you can now destroy the first Reactor, if you have a Vault the Rescources used to build the Reactor will be refunded). (Blue)
- Build the Oracle. (Green)
- Build the x2 T Shaped Connectors and the Elevator . (Purple)
- Build the Research Centers. (Brown)
- Research is not lost when destroying a lab, and researched items will still be unlocked upon re-making the lab.
- Each Lab has holograms or models of its respective faction's weapons except the Chemical lab contains the Acrid.
- Sometimes the game shows +1 than the real value of the resources to do a research.(Sample: 250 rubedo appear as 251 rubedo) You do not need to put that extra one.
- In addition, some values appear to double or even triple in amount to do a research (Sample: Research on Supra requires 10,000 Credits; it will appear in the game as 1,000,000 Credits instead.) The intended amount of resources needed to research something does not change. (Confirmed on PlayStation 4)
|Energy||Dual Cestra • Medium Team Energy Restore • Medium Team Shield Restore • Serro • Prova • Supra • Quanta • Dera • Amprex • Spectra • Flux Rifle • Lanka • Helios • Glaxion • Opticor|
|Bio||Phage • Torid • Medium Team Heal Restore • Acrid • Dual Ichor • Scoliac • Embolist • Djinn • Mutalist Quanta • Synapse • Paracyst|
|Chem||Jat Kittag • Medium Team Ammo Restore • Ignis • Marelok • Grinlok • Ogris • Buzlok|
|Tenno||Itzal • Banshee • Volt • Zephyr • Fluctus • Velocitus • Dual Raza • Castanas • Silva & Aegis • Akstiletto • Nami Skyla • Nikana • Pyrana • Sybaris • Attica • Venka|
|Components||Detonite Injector • Fieldron • Mutagen Mass|