Valkyr hurls forth a hook. If it hits an enemy, she pulls them to her. If it hits terrain, she pulls herself to the hook's location.
|Strength:300 / 400 / 500 / 600|
|Duration:1 s (combo window)|
|Range:25 / 40 / 60 / 75 m|
- Valkyr fires a grappling hook that covers a range of 25 / 40 / 60 / 75 meters. If the hook hits terrain, Valkyr will be pulled towards the hook's location. If an ally or enemy is hooked, they will be pulled towards Valkyr's location. Enemies will be dealt 300 / 400 / 500 / 600 Slash damage.
- Damage is affected by Power Strength.
- Affected enemies are ragdolled as they're pulled towards Valkyr.
- Cast range is affected by Power Range.
- Pull strength is affected by the distance Rip Line is cast.
- Rip Line can pull Valkyr across chasms and long gaps; however, Valkyr is not pulled the full distance to the hook's location.
- If Rip Line is successfully cast within a window of 1 second after the previous cast, its damage will be multiplied by 200%, and its energy cost will be reduced by 50%. Any successful cast thereafter will multiply Rip Line's damage by 400% and reduce its energy cost by 75%.
- Energy cost reduction is applied to Rip Line's modified activation cost. As an example, with a maxed Streamline the next successful cast will consume 25 × 0.7 × 0.5 = 8.75 energy, and any successful cast thereafter will consume 25 × 0.7 × 0.25 = 4.375 energy.
- Combo window is affected by Power Duration and cannot fall below 0.5 seconds under any circumstances.
- The duration of the combo window and the respective damage multiplier for the next successful cast are displayed underneath the HUD's targeting reticle.
- If no casts are performed within the combo window, the damage and energy cost will reset.
- Rip Line's pull does not affect bosses with the exception of the Zanuka Hunter, Ambulas, and The Grustrag Three.
- Despite having a noticeable visual and audio effect, Rip Line is silent.
- Rip Line is a one-handed ability when cast onto terrain and can be used while performing various maneuvers and actions without interruption. When used upon allies, both Valkyr and the ally will also treat this action as a one-handed ability. However, casting on enemies (while grounded) will cause interruption.
- Will not disrupt Shade's Ghost or a Huras Kubrow's Stalk.
- Rip Line has a slight delay between activation and pulling either an enemy or Valkyr, as the grappling hook has a minute travel time.
- Has a cast delay of about ~0.9 seconds between uses.
- Rip Line when used targeting Nullifiers will pass through the shield attaching to the surface in the area of your aim. When passing through the shield, your momentum is not affected nor the casting of the ability itself.
- Main article: Swing Line
- This is another alternative ability for players to take advantage of heights quickly, similarly to Worm Hole or Tail Wind, pulling Valkyr to elevated areas which are not accessible with traditional movement.
- While being pulled, Valkyr can perform a divekick by crouching (default ). If Valkyr is too close to the ground, crouching will cause her to slide instead.
- Using Rip Line on allies may be used tactically, either to save them from a group of enemies or to pull them to a higher vantage point. (Discretion is advised when participating in such behavior, as it may be intended and/or received as an attempt at griefing.)
- As Rip Line is silent, it can be used as a mean of disposing enemies without alerting nearby units during stealth playthroughs.
- Rip Line will consistently mutilate enemies killed by the hook, as with heavily Slash-focused weapons. The pieces of their dismembered corpse will also be flung in Valkyr's general direction.
- Pulled enemies that were not killed immediately are laid prone, setting them up for Ground Finishers.
- It is possible to Rip Line onto a rocket fired from an Ogris.
- Very effective during Capture missions as it can bring the target near Valkyr or her teammates.
- Actively moving forward (default Volt's Speed or Zephyr's Jet Stream may increase this further. [Further testing required]
) before and while being pulled will increase your overall travel distance. Movement speed bonuses such as
- Sprinting and Maglev make no noticeable impact on speed or distance, however.
- Very effective in PvP, as it allows the user to either quickly travel around an arena or pull and knock-down the opponent, rendering them an easy target.
Maximization is a form of specialization: mods may be blended to result in values that vary between the top-end limits listed here. Click any maximized link to learn how to build it.
- Maximized Power Duration increases combo window to 2.82 seconds.
- Reduces casting range to 25.5 meters.
- Maximized Power Efficiency reduces cost to 6.25 energy.
- Reduces combo window to 0.5 seconds.
- Maximized Power Range increases casting range to 187.5 meters.
- Reduces damage to 240.
- Maximized Power Strength increases damage to 1794.
- Increases cost to 38.75 energy.
- Reduces combo window to 0.725 seconds.