|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 225||Blueprints:20,000|
This weapon deals primarily Impact damage.
- High Impact damage – effective against shields.
- Tied with the Snipetron and Vectis Prime for the highest critical chance of all sniper rifles.
- Tied with Soma, Soma Prime, Attica, and Baza for the highest critical damage multiplier of all primary weapons, and highest critical damage multiplier of all sniper rifles.
- Tied with Vectis Prime for the fastest fire rate of all sniper rifles.
- Good ammo economy.
- Innate 1 meter Punch Through.
- Zooming in increases critical damage by +35% at 3.5x zoom or +50% at 6x zoom.
- Has the smallest shot combo requirement of all sniper rifles.
- Tied with Snipetron for the lowest base damage of all sniper rifles.
- Tied with Snipetron for the lowest status chance of all sniper rifles.
- Fairly slow reload speed.
- Draws from the rare sniper ammo pool.
- Inaccurate beyond short range when fired from the hip.
- Very short shot combo reset timer.
- See Category:Rubico Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Rubico Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- The Rubico has the highest critical damage multiplier of any sniper rifle, with a base multiplier of 3x.
- On the other hand, it has a dismal status chance of 12%, being the lowest for all the sniper rifles. This is compared to the 20-30% of the other sniper rifles, a considerable difference.
- It closely resembles the Grineer Vulkar in terms of damage type distribution and other stats; the main difference being the Rubico has higher critical stats, while having lower status, base damage, and magazine.
- The Rubico requires only a single shot to activate its Shot Combo Counter, giving it an immediate 1.5x total damage multiplier on the first shot, and a 2.0x total damage multiplier after its third shot, giving it the ability to quickly ramp up its damage with a single magazine. On the other hand, it has a shot reset counter that lasts only 2.5 seconds, thus reloading at 2.4 seconds will always reset its shot combo counter if there are no reload mods present.
- With Harkonar Scope, it's possible to maintain the Rubico's combo through reloads.
- The combo multiplier starts at 1.5x on the first shot and requires triple the amount of shots to reach each consecutive tier.
Muliplier=1.5+0.5*ln(Combo hit number)/ln(3) rounded down
|Combo Counter Bonus Tier||Total Base Damage Multiplier||Minimum Consecutive|
- Due to its high critical chance and damage multiplier, modding for critical is very effective. Adding Point Strike and Vital Sense increases the critical chance to 62.5% and the multiplier to 6.6x. Argon Scope, Bladed Rounds and Hammer Shot can increase it even further. Scoping in also boosts its critical damage by up to +50% at maximum zoom level.
- It is not suggested to use the Charged Chamber/Primed Chamber mod on the Rubico due to its long reload times.
- Rubico is a clay made from crushed basalt that is used to build tennis courts, with its green color being similar to the default color of this weapon.
- The Rubico appears to share an aesthetic with the Talons thrown bombs and Lacera bladed whip, both of which are also included in the Huntress Bundle.
- It seems as though there is a chance for a bullet to not hit its mark, even when scoped in.