- The Sancti Castanas can be acquired by reaching the Rank of Flawless with New Loka, and spending 100,000 to purchase. As with all Syndicate Weapons, the Sancti Castanas cannot be chosen as the free offering upon ranking up to Flawless rank.
- Syndicate weapons can be also be acquired via Trading, but only for unranked copies without Forma and Orokin Catalyst installed.
- Players must have a Mastery Rank of at least 10 to acquire the Sancti Castanas, either through trading or through the Syndicates themselves.
This weapon deals Electricity damage.
- Highest base damage of all throwing-type secondaries.
- High critical chance.
- Very high status chance.
- Very high reload speed.
- Pinpoint accuracy.
- Mines can stick to surfaces, including enemies and allies.
- Silent, even if the projectile hits the enemy.
- User can detonate charges on command via Alternate Fire, giving the player precise timing in detonation.
- Detonation has an explosion radius of 3 meters.
- Up to six deployed mines can be ready for detonation at the same time.
- Extra projectiles generated by Multishot have a very wide horizontal spread, effective at covering large groups of enemies.
- Innate Purity effect.
- Two innate and one polarities.
- Innate Electricity damage – less effective against Alloy Armor.
- Projectiles have very slow travel time with arcing.
- Explosions inflict self-damage.
- Semi-automatic fire, unlike other throwing weapons.
- Extremely low magazine size of just 2 rounds; requires frequent reloading.
- Low ammo capacity size of 18.
- Can only have six deployed mines out at once.
- Extra projectiles generated by Multishot will count towards this limit.
- Sancti Castanas, compared to Castanas:
- See Category:Sancti Castanas Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Sancti Castanas Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- The Sancti Castanas has an innate Purity effect identical to that found in New Loka Weapon Augment Mods. Upon accumulating sufficient affinity, the Sancti Castanas will release an AoE radial blast that deals Corrosive damage and proc, restores 25% of the Warframe's maximum Health, and temporarily buffs maximum Health by 25% for 30 seconds.
- New Loka Operatives found within Syndicate Missions use this weapon, however due to the Castanas' heavy arcing, their shots will often land on the floor far from their target at range or become stuck upon a cover or wall.
- Up to 6 charges can be active at one time. Using alternate fire will detonate all active charges in rapid succession.
- Enemies will be alerted by thrown Castanas.
- The first part of its name, Sancti, is likely derived from the Latin word "sanctus", meaning holy. The Sanctus is also the name of a hymn in Catholic liturgy, or 'Hymn of Victory' in the Greek rendition.
- When stuck to a surface, the Sancti Castanas deal the same damage as normal Castanas.
- Like the Castanas, the Sancti Castanas, when equipped with Multishot, will spread out heavily when multishot is activated, making accuracy drop drastically.
- Magnum Force increases this spread even further.