This weapon deals Electricity damage.
- Highest base damage of all throwing-type secondaries.
- High critical chance.
- Very high status chance.
- If stuck to any surface, has 100% chance to proc Electricity regardless of installed mods, and 34% base chance to additionally proc modded damage type.
- Silent, even if the projectile hits the enemy.
- User can detonate charges on command, giving the player precise timing in detonation.
- Up to six charges can be ready for detonation at the same time.
- Very fast reload speed.
- Has an innate Purity effect, see Syndicate Radial Effects for more details.
- Equipping with the Ogris, Torid, or Penta will increase their overall ammo capacity.
- Innate Electricity damage - less effective against Alloy Armor.
- Explosions inflict 30% self-damage.
- Very ammo inefficient.
- Extremely low magazine size of just 2 rounds; requires frequent reloading.
- Low ammo capacity size of 18.
- Projectiles have travel time and travel in an arc, making it difficult to use at long range.
- Can only have six charges out at once.
- Extra projectiles generated by Multishot will count towards the limit of six charges.
- Sancti Castanas, compared to Castanas:
- See Category:Sancti Castanas Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Sancti Castanas Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- The Sancti Castanas can be acquired by reaching the Rank of Flawless with New Loka, and spending 100,000 to purchase. As with all Syndicate Weapons, the Sancti Castanas cannot be chosen as the free offering upon ranking up to Flawless rank.
- Syndicate weapons can be also be acquired via Trading, but only for unranked copies without Forma and Orokin Catalyst installed.
- The Sancti Castanas has an innate Purity effect identical to that found in New Loka Weapon Augment Mods. Upon accumulating sufficient affinity, the Sancti Castanas will release an AoE radial blast that deals Corrosive damage and proc, restores 25% of the Warframe's maximum Health, and temporarily buffs maximum Health by 25% for 30 seconds.
- New Loka Operatives found within Syndicate Missions use this weapon, however due to the Castanas' heavy arcing, their shots will often land on the floor far from their target at range or become stuck upon a cover or wall.
- Up to 6 charges can be active at one time. Using alternate fire will detonate all active charges in rapid succession.
- Enemies will be alerted by thrown Castanas.
- The first part of its name, Sancti, is likely derived from the Latin word "sanctus", meaning holy. The Sanctus is also the name of a hymn in Catholic liturgy, or 'Hymn of Victory' in the Greek rendition.
- When stuck to a surface, the Sancti Castanas deal the same damage as normal Castanas.
- Like the Castanas, the Sancti Castanas, when equipped with Multishot, will spread out heavily when multishot is activated, making accuracy drop drastically.
- Magnum Force increases this spread even further.