The Sarpa is a short range gunblade combining a keen blade with a burst-fire rifle. It normally fires five-round bursts, although some stance combo attacks fire ten rounds at half damage.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 175||Blueprints Price:20,000|
This weapon deals primarily Slash damage.
- High Slash damage – effective against health.
- Gunblade shots functions similarly to a burst-fire rifle, firing out 5 bullets in quick succession.
- Low Impact and Puncture damage – less effective against shields and armor.
- Gunblade shots have linear damage falloff from 100% to 16.67% from 20m to 40m target distance (distances are affected by Projectile Speed, for melee weapons only via Jet Stream).
- Very low critical chance.
- Low critical damage multiplier.
- Low status chance.
- Gunblade shots have a very large spread.
- Gunblade shots are alarming.
- Shots have innate punch through when firing through enemies and non-terrain objects, e.g. Grineer Blunts.
- Players can charge shots, even if they’re not wielding the Sarpa.
- Missed shots do not influence the accuracy rating in the mission progress table. Shots that hit, however, do.
- Firing the gun does not invalidate the "The Sword Alone" achievement.
- Additionally, the Sarpa's gun will contribute to the "Swordsman" affinity quest.
- Charged shots do not pass through Frost's Snow Globe if players are standing outside the globe.
- Jumping cannot be done until the charge shot animation has ended.
- Charged shots are affected by the following:
- Channeling and channeling mods, such as Life Strike.
- Stealth melee damage multiplier.
- Melee Combo Counter.
- Each target hit provides 1 hit to the counter. Multiple pellets striking a single target will count each pellet as one hit.
- Attack speed mods.
- Warframe abilities.
- Pellets are unaffected by Magnetize.
- Some stance combos fire twice the number of bullets. High Noons combos work as follows:
- Vagabond Blitz – 3rd attack shoots 5 bullets
- Final Showdown – 3rd attack shoots 10 bullets
- Desperado Zeal – 4th attack shoots 10 bullets, 5th shoots 5
- This weapon has three different animations for charged attack:
- The default animation (hold melee attack key, without switching to melee weapon)
- Charged animation using High Noon (this animation applies to both charged attacks before and after switching to melee weapon)
- Charged animation using Bullet Dance (this animation applies only to charged attack after switching to melee weapon).
- The charged shot can be chained, even while sliding, by pressing and holding E with the right timing (rather than making a first melee attack followed by a shot).
- Shattering Impact works extremely well with this weapon; Each bullet fired reduces the targets base armor by 6.
- Condition Overload with a status chance build is excellent on it.
- Each bullet counts as a separate hit on nullifier bubbles making it fairly good at destroying them.
- Sarpa (सर्प) is the Sanskrit term for snake or serpent.
- Redeemer, the first gunblade weapon introduced.