Scorches are medium Grineer units resembling Troopers with red and yellow armor. Scorches wield the Ignis flamethrower, dealing massive continuous damage in short range as long as the victim is in range. They can deal continuous damage and also set the player on fire, making them incredibly lethal in a successful ambush or when working with units such as Scorpions and Rollers that can inhibit player movement.
- Scorches tend to take cover behind doorways or next to pillars so they can ambush unsuspecting targets who pass by. This makes them a threat to solo players who are unaware of their presence.
- Their Ignis has AoE, which makes "dodging" flames almost impossible.
- The AoE of this weapon often causes Sentinel damage. Approach with caution.
- Scorches tend to hide more frequently than other Grineer units.
- This means that they move to different spots more frequently.
- They also are the most likely ranged unit to use terminals.
- When players deploy decoys in their field of view, they will simply track closer targets instead of the decoys due to this case. Even if that target is from behind while the decoy is up front.
- As of Update 11.0, Scorches have a yellow+red color scheme, making them somewhat harder to differentiate between a Trooper.
- Their Ignis can penetrate Frost's Snow Globe.
- Damage scaling is very dramatic on a Scorch. At levels 20 and above can be lethal to a player in less than 5 seconds of continuous exposure to their Ignis, while only 3 seconds for Sentinels. Be cautious.
- Nekros' Shadows Of The Dead does not prioritize Scorches despite them dealing far more damage than elite lancers, which are prioritized.
- While the Scorch still only fires its Ignis when enemies get into the pre-buffed Ignis range (around 20 meters) their flames can still reach 40 meters, damaging players behind walls and without warning.
- This is especially deadly with Nekros, as his shadows attract the Scorch's attention and fire upon them, often hitting the player as well.
|Light||Butcher • Flameblade • Guardsman • Powerfist • Scorpion • Shield Lancer|
|Medium||Ballista • Elite Lancer • Eviscerator • Hellion • Lancer • Scorch • Seeker • Trooper|
|Heavy||Bombard • Commander • Drahk Master • Heavy Gunner • Hyekka Master • Manic • |
Napalm • Nox
|Utility||Arc Trap • Drahk • Eidolon Lure • Hyekka • Latcher • Manic Bombard • |
Orbital Strike Drone • Propaganda Drone • Power Carrier • Roller (Sentry) •
Regulator • Sensor Bar • Sensor Regulator • Target • Tusk Seeker Drone • Warden
|Archwing||Dargyn • Dreg • Hellion Dargyn • Lancer Dreg • Shield Dargyn • Shield-Hellion Dargyn •|
Temporal Dreg • Ogma • Zeplen
|Submersible||Darek Draga • Draga • Shock Draga • Sikula|
| Balor Fomorian • Captain Vor • Councilor Vay Hek • General Sargas Ruk • Kela De Thaym •|
Lieutenant Lech Kril • The Grustrag Three • Tyl Regor • Ven'kra Tel & Sprag