The Secura Penta is the Perrin Sequence exclusive version of the Penta grenade launcher. Compared to the regular Penta, it has a significantly increased rate of fire, increased magazine capacity, and slightly increased explosion damage. It also comes with an innate Sequence effect.
This weapon deals primarily Blast damage.
- Grenades deal Impact damage when hitting an enemy.
- High AoE Damage and decent blast radius of 5.5m.
- Heavy Caliber does not significantly reduce accuracy.
- Explosion can also cause procs.
- Less explosion damage results in less damage dealt to self in comparison to the Ogris.
- Innate Sequence effect.
- Comes with , , and polarity slots.
- Can use Adhesive Blast and the Penta-exclusive Tether Grenades mods.
- Explosion deals Blast damage, which cannot be changed into another type.
- Can only have five grenades out at once.
- When using the Split Chamber mod, the extra projectiles count towards the limit of five live grenades.
- Grenades that have stopped moving have no obvious visual or audio cue (but with "PhysX" enabled they have some sparks when come to complete rest).
- Grenades have slow projectile speed travel time and heavy arcing.
- Grenades have a high bouncing capability which makes it hard to stack on a desired spot.
- The explosion can damage or even kill the user if caught within the blast radius, especially with high damage builds.
- Low maximum ammo capacity.
- Secura Penta, compared to Penta:
- The Secura Penta can be acquired by reaching the Rank of Partner with The Perrin Sequence, and spending 125,000 to purchase. As with all Syndicate Weapons, the Secura Penta cannot be chosen as the free offering upon ranking up to Partner rank.
- Syndicate weapons can also be acquired via Trading, but only for unranked copies without Forma or Orokin Catalyst installed.
- Your Mastery Rank must be at least 12 to acquire any Syndicate primary weapon, either through trading or through the Syndicates themselves.
- Although the Secura Penta can hold 2 more rounds in its magazine, it can only have five grenades out like the regular Penta.
- Grenades will immediately explode when they hit Blunts, water surface, puddles from Tar-Mutalist Moa or Bulwarks.
Secura Penta Skins
- Penta, the unmodified version.
- Secura Dual Cestra, another weapon offered by The Perrin Sequence.
- Torid, an Infested gas grenade launcher.