|Default Weapon||Burst Laser|
|Base Targeting Range||15m|
|Shade Mods|| Ghost|
Shade is a Stealth Sentinel which comes with its own weapon, Burst Laser. The Shade's cloaking ability can last indefinitely as long as an enemy is inside activation radius. The cloak only activates if an enemy is in the activation radius sphere for the cloak, and Shade's view of the enemy is not obstructed by nearby objects (i.e. Shade is behind an object inside the sight radius that is obscuring it from seeing the enemy, even if your warframe can see the enemy it won't make a difference). Activation is not dependent on the direction that Shade is facing. Warframe abilities will not bring you out of stealth and you will remain hidden, as long as another enemy is close by.
Note that infested Volatile Runners will still explode when you are next to them, regardless of being cloaked, and enemies such as leapers, rollers, or ancients that have activated their attack (such as a Leaper getting ready to charge) will still hit you after you cloak if you do not move out of the way. On infested levels, take care around Runners as the explosion could knock you out of cloaking range.
Consider Shade when choosing to be a medic for your team, as running up to downed players without firing weapons can allow you to heal them while cloaked, reducing risk to yourself, an alternate method to using the Sanctuary mod in case one is not available to you.
|Time: 24 hr|
|Market Price:||Blueprint Price:|
|Ghost||Cloaks owner and sentinel when enemies are close and within activation and sight range of the sentinel. The cloak is disrupted if owner attacks. Increasing the rank of Ghost increases the range from an enemy at which the cloak is engaged.|
|Revenge||Sentinel will not attack an enemy unless that enemy has attacked the Sentinel's master. While Ghost is active, Shade will not attack enemies, regardless whether they had attacked the owner or not prior to Ghost's activation. Upgrading this ability increases the range at which Shade engages the enemy that attacked you.|
|List of Sentinel Mods|
- As of Update 7.10, Shade will no longer keep you cloaked when a stealth kill is taking place, even if there are enemies nearby.
- Shade appeared in the Open Beta Trailer about 1:42 into the video.
- The Shade sentinel is the only sentinel with a unique capacity of health and shields; 350 and 50 respectively.
- The cloaking cooldown used to be much quicker (around 5 seconds) but was nerfed eventually to take almost 10 seconds to re-cloak again. De-cloaking can have serious penalties in stealth due to this longer cooldown.
- Main article: Category:Shade Sentinel Build
See the user build section for builds using this sentinel.
- The name Shade could be derived from the literal meaning of shade or from the mythological creature the Shade which is a spirit of the dead.
- The Sprite skin for the Shade was first seen in Update 12, with the addition of the Training section in the Codex, under "Sentinels", as an unknown Sentinel design. Said Sentinel was finally revealed as a Shade cosmetic skin made available for purchase in Update 13.1.
- Shade has the highest health of all the sentinels, although it suffers from having half the shields of other sentinels.
|Carrier • Dethcube • Djinn • Helios • Shade • Wyrm (Prime)|