|Shield Polarize||Energy: 50||Power #: 2|
|Restores or depletes the shields of surrounding targets, depending if they are friend or foe.|
| Equip Cost: |
4 / 5 / 6 / 7
| Power Strength: |
10% / 15% / 25% / 50% (shields)
1.0x / 1.5x / 2.0x / 2.5x (explosion)
| Power Range: |
10 / 15 / 20 / 25 m (shields)
5 / 8 / 11 / 14 m (explosion)
| Power Duration: |
- Mag exudes a polarizing aura of magnetic energy 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 meters wide that restores 10% / 15% / 25% / 50% of friendly shields and depletes the same percentage from enemy shields.
- Restores Mag's own shields.
- Restores Cryopod/Artifact shields on Defense missions.
- Shields which are drained cause 100% / 150% / 200% / 250% drained points as Magnetic damage in a 5 / 8 / 11 / 14 meter explosion.
- Enemies who have been drained are not damaged by their own explosion, but they can be damaged by nearby enemies who were also drained.
- The overlapping area-of-effect damage dealt from shield drains on a group of enemies does not stack with each other: each enemy will only take damage from the single strongest shield drain that could apply to it.
- Capable of hitting unprotected enemy body parts, like the head.
- Has a 1 second cast time and a delay between casts of 0.2 seconds.
- Can be used to restore shields to the Cryopod, Cryocore or Artifact in a Defense mission.
- Can break reinforced glass in Corpus Ships.
- Can be used in mid-air.
- This is a great ability for dealing with shielded crowds, especially the Corpus. The shield explosions will most likely kill, if not deal decent damage to enemies.
- This is a great ability to use against heavies. Enemies that suffer from the heavies' shield explosions will most likely die or be stunned for several seconds should they survive the blasts.
- Shield Polarize and Nova's Molecular Prime go very well together. Shield Polarize's damage will double after the Molecular Prime's debuff, and should an enemy not be killed by the shield explosion, the prime explosions from other enemies will be the second layer of devastating damage.
Maximization is a form of specialization: mods may be blended to result in values that vary between the top-end limits listed here. Click any maximized link to learn how to build it.
- Maximized Power Duration has no positive effect on this ability.
- Reduces ability radius to 8.5 meters and shield explosion radius to 4.8 meters.
- Maximized Power Efficiency reduces cost to 12.5 energy.
- Has no negative effect on this ability.
- Maximized Power Range increases ability radius to 65 meters and shield explosion radius to 36.4 meters.
- Reduces shields drained/restored to 20% and the radial damage multiplier to 100%.
- Reduces shields by 5%.
- Maximized Power Strength increases the amount of shields drained/restored to 114.5% which caps out at 100%. Increases the damage ratio of shields drained to 572.5%.
- Increases cost to 77.5 energy.
- Since Maximized Power Strength increases both the amount of shields drained and the damage dealt by it, this maximization increases damage by 458% compared to a non-maximized cast.