The Sicarus is a sidearm that was included at the start of WARFRAME's Closed Beta. It is a single pistol that fires bullets in tight, 3-round bursts.
This weapon deals primarily Impact damage.
- One Polarity Slot.
- Good base damage.
- High impact damage makes it effective on enemies with shields.
- Has high recoil, which can make it very difficult to hit targets beyond close to medium range.
- Less recoil than the Kraken.
- Burst-fire can be uncomfortable to use for many players and is less effective against groups.
- Small magazine; being a 3-round burst weapon carrying 15 bullets it only has 5 bursts per magazine.
- Linearly less efficient—sometimes a target may only die with four bullets, which requires an entire second burst to be fired.
- Punishes missed shots more than faster-firing weapons.
- Maximum fire rate requires precise timing of shots, spamming the fire button will result in a much lower fire rate.
- Little Slash and Puncture damage, less effective against Grineer and Infested enemies.
- Sicarus, compared to Sicarus Prime:
- Lower base damage (40.0 vs. 50.0)
- Lower critical chance (15% vs. 25%)
- Lower status chance (5% vs. 20%)
- Lower fire rate (7.39 rounds/sec vs. 9.38 rounds/sec)
- Smaller magazine (15 rounds vs. 24 rounds)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (3 vs. 7)
- See Category:Sicarus Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Sicarus Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
This weapon can be bought for 20,000 from the Market.
- The Sicarus excels in medium range fights.
- Using the Pistol Ammo Mutation mod can help regain lost ammo when needed. Alternatively, you can bring a Team Ammo Restore or equip Trick Mag in occasion.
- Precise timing is required to fire at its labeled fire rate, practice lining up shots and timing the next shot to find out the ideal speed at which to press the fire button. A faster fire rate will require slightly faster timing.
- Like the Kraken, there is a slight delay after firing where reloading will not function, and requires a double click or a pause then click for it to actually reload. This can be frustrating.
- As this is a burst fire weapon, move the mouse down after firing shots.
- Prior to Update 9.0, Shield Lancers used the Sicarus instead of the Viper.
- The Sicarus' name is probably derived from sicarius, the Latin word for "assassin" or "dagger-wielder".
- Burston, the rifle counterpart of this gun.
- Sicarus Prime, the prime counterpart of the Sicarus.
- Kraken, a Grineer burst-fire pistol.