Using Silence surrounds Banshee in an aura that stuns enemies and will limit their perceptions and tactical response to gunfire and Warframe attacks.
|Duration:10 / 15 / 20 / 30 s|
|Range:10 / 13 / 15 / 20 m|
- Banshee emits a sound dampening aura within 10 / 13 / 15 / 20 meters around her for 10 / 15 / 20 / 30 seconds.
- Enemies entering the aura will experience a sonic disturbance, becoming momentarily stunned. Afterwards affected enemies will become unaware to sounds from gunfire, alarms, and death screams.
- Stunned enemies are affected by Stealth Damage Multipliers.
- Players can perform stealth melee attacks on unaware enemies as usual.
- Contrary to popular belief Silence does not open alerted enemies to finishers.
- Unaware enemies will still become alerted when sighting players or taking damage.
- Enemies that are alert before entering Silence's aura will remain alerted.
- Affected enemies will remain under Silence's effect for the duration of the ability even if they exit the aura's radius.
- Affected enemies will glow with Banshee's energy color.
- Has a cast delay of about 0.4 seconds.
- Cannot be recast while active.
- Silence will also deafen the caster, muffling all gunfire from friend, foe, and self alike.
- Main article: Savage Silence
- Silence can be used as a form of crowd control due to the momentary stun dealt to enemies entering its field. This is most useful for Banshees engaging in melee combat, as they can stun ranged enemies simply by approaching them, giving them time to close the distance and engage.
- Silence can also be used to keep Infested enemies at bay, giving more time to attack them from range.
- With a maximized range build, Silence can be used to clear a room of enemies using firearms without alerting enemies in adjacent rooms. Keep in mind however, that enemies will still react if they see you, or if they see one of their own killed.
- Despite the excellent utility provided, Silence can also render Banshee deaf, preventing her from anticipating nearby enemies or enemies from behind while attacking enemies.
- Too much range may reduce the utility of this ability, as enemies are only stunned once and may be out of attack range (behind walls, etc.), allowing them to recover.
- Enemies are more likely to target the player's Sentinel when Silence is active, which can prove to be harmful for weaker Sentinels.
Maximization is a form of specialization: mods may be blended to result in values that vary between the top-end limits listed here. Click any maximized link to learn how to build it.
- Maximized Ability Duration increases duration to 91.8 seconds.
- Reduces range to 6.8 meters.
- Maximized Ability Efficiency reduces cost to 18.75 energy.
- Reduces duration to 12 seconds.
- Maximized Ability Range increases range to 56 meters.
- Has no negative effects on this ability.
- Maximized Ability Strength has no positive effects on this ability.
- Increases cost to 116.25 energy.
- Reduces duration to 21.75 seconds.
- At times, Silence can be cast yet be unable to affect enemies, indicated by the lack of an energy glow on them. The sound reduction for the player and energy ripples on Banshee will remain until mission ends, however.
- The skill can most likely not be recast while this bug is in active.