Dash between enemies while slashing with the Exalted Blade.
|Strength:100 / 125 / 200 / 250|
|Range:6 / 8 / 10 / 12 m|
- Excalibur dashes between enemies within a cone 6 / 8 / 10 / 12 meters long and cuts them down with his Exalted Blade. Each strike inflicts 100 / 125 / 200 / 250 base damage.
- Base damage is 15% Impact, 15% Puncture, and 70% Slash.
- Base damage is affected by Ability Strength, the Melee Combo Counter, and the 10% additive damage bonus from Excalibur's passive if a longsword, dual sword, rapier, or nikana is equipped.
- Slash Dash is also affected by equipped melee mods including:
- Base damage (e.g., Steel Charge), elemental damage, and physical damage mods.
- Slash Dash's base damage uses the following expression when accounting for Ability Strength: Modified Base Damage = Base Damage × (1 + Base Damage Bonus) × (1 + Ability Strength). As an example, with a maxed Steel Charge, Pressure Point, and Intensify, a rank-3 Slash Dash will have 250 × 2.8 × 1.3 = 910 base damage.
- Slash Dash is not affected by the equipped melee weapon's stats or other melee mods including weapon augments (e.g., Justice Blades), class-specific mods (e.g., Covert Lethality), or stat-modifying skins (e.g., Manticore).
- Enemies damaged by Slash Dash suffer a knockdown.
- Every instance of damage adds to the Melee Combo Counter.
- Cone length is affected by Ability Range.
- Excalibur's health is immune to damage while dashing.
- Slash Dash targets enemies in a cone within the direction of aim. Excalibur will then lock on to the targeted enemies and zig-zag between them while slashing them. Airborne enemies, such as Hellions and Ospreys, can also be targeted.
- If there are no enemies within its targeting area, Slash Dash will make Excalibur dash forward in the direction of aim, allowing it to be used as a mobility aid when reaching high places.
- Pressing the Melee Attack button will cause Excalibur to instantly equip his current melee weapon after finishing Slash Dash.
- When Exalted Blade is active, each attack from Slash Dash will release an energy wave. Since Exalted Blade is classified as a longsword, Slash Dash will also have increased base damage from Excalibur's passive.
- When Exalted Blade is active and Chromatic Blade is equipped, Slash Dash seems to also gain the benefits of the augment (i.e. the status chance increase and the pure elemental nature). If Excalibur has 180% Ability Strength when activating Exalted Blade, all following Slash Dash casts seem to have 100% status chance.
- Can be used to pass through Laser Barriers unharmed in most cases.
- Can be used while jumping, sliding, forward flipping, wall running or clinging to a wall.
- Main article: Surging Dash
- Slash Dash will hit through a Grineer Shield Lancer's Shield.
- Can be used to break Corpus ship windows and pass through laser doors unharmed.
- Perfect for medium-distance traveling.
- With the proper mods this is one of the most damage-efficient AoE abilities in the game, doing massive damage to multiple targets for very little cost.
- Invulnerability allows players to deal with enemies by repeatedly casting Slash Dash without fear of damage or status proc effects.
Maximization is a form of specialization: mods may be blended to result in values that vary between the top-end limits listed here. Click any maximized link to learn how to build it.
- Maximized Ability Duration has no positive effects on this ability.
- Reduces cone length to 4.08 meters.
- Maximized Ability Efficiency reduces cost to 6.25 energy.
- Has no negative effects on this ability.
- Maximized Ability Range increases cone length to 33.6 meters.
- Reduces damage to 100.
- Maximized Ability Strength increases damage to 932.5.
- Without Energy Conversion, increases damage to 807.5.
- Increases cost to 38.75 energy.
- It is possible to get stuck on an enemy during the duration of the ability, and in most cases the enemy will not take damage.