“Market forces dictate that you need to evolve or die.”This item is no longer available for purchase.
The Snipetron is a Corpus built sniper rifle. Its high focus on Puncture damage makes it an ideal weapon for bringing down heavily armored targets.
It was retired from the game due to lore issues where Corpus do not ultilize weapons that fire bullets, but rely on energy weapons or railgun technology. Its blueprint would later be reintroduced as an event reward for completing certain events.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price: N/A|
This weapon deals primarily Puncture damage.
- High Puncture damage – effective against armor.
- Tied with Rubico and Vectis Prime for the highest critical chance of all sniper rifles.
- Innate 2.5 meter Punch Through.
- Good accuracy.
- Zooming in increases headshot damage by +30% at 2.5x zoom or 50% at 6x zoom.
- Has a polarity slot.
- Tied with Rubico for the lowest base damage of all sniper rifles.
- Below average critical damage multiplier.
- Tied with Rubico for the lowest status chance of all sniper rifles.
- Small magazine size.
- Very slow reload speed.
- Draws from the rare sniper ammo pool.
- Snipetron, compared to Snipetron Vandal:
- Lower base damage (180.0 vs. 200.0)
- Higher critical chance (30% vs. 28%)
- Lower critical damage multiplier (1.5x vs. 2x)
- Lower status chance (12% vs. 16%)
- Smaller magazine (4 rounds vs. 6 rounds)
- Slower reload speed (3.5 s vs. 2 s)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (0 vs. 5)
- See Category:Snipetron Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Snipetron Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- Using Wildfire and Magazine Warp on their own will give you one bullet each, while using both at the same time will give you two extra bullets.
- Always ensure that Snipetron is fully loaded before heading on to further combat.
- Use your melee or your sidearm for close-quarters combat.
- As a general note, ammo consumption should not be too big of an issue as long as players make full use of their abilities and melee weapons in conjunction with Snipetron.
- Use the Sniper Ammo Mutation mod to greatly relieve the low total ammo and ammo drop chance for sniper rifles.
- Alternatively, you can bring a Team Ammo Restore or several when needed.
- Like all sniper rifles the Snipetron works well with Warframes with mobility-boosting abilities such as Zephyr or Nova.
- The Snipetron was suddenly removed from the game's Market in Update 8 and was no longer obtainable. According to the developers, the Snipetron's use of standard bullets instead of energy projectiles did not fit the lore of the Corpus, and it was removed as a result.
- Players were able to obtain a Snipetron Vandal and a Blueprint for the normal Snipetron through the Informant Event after killing 20 Informers. The developers admitted that this was an apology for the Snipetron's sudden removal. Following the event, any piece of content to be removed from the market is now given a week's advance notice.
- The Snipetron blueprint was added as a reward for the Project Undermine Tactical Alert from the 2nd of October 2015 to the 5th of October 2015.
- The blueprint came back again as an item sold by Nakak (as Operational Supply Syndicate seller) in Cetus during the Operation: Plague Star event for 3,000 standing.
- As this was the first true sniper rifle in the game, Grineer Ballista were equipped with this weapon before the Vulkar was introduced.
- The Snipetron shares an identical appearance with the Lanka, which effectively replaced it as the Corpus sniper rifle.
- Snipetron Vandal, the Vandalized counterpart of this sniper.
- Lanka, the successor of Snipetron, which is available in the Energy lab.