The Snipetron Vandal is the Vandal version of the Snipetron, first awarded as a special-edition reward for killing 20 Informers in the Informant Event. The Blueprint and parts can now be found as an Invasion Reward.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price: N/A|
This weapon deals primarily Puncture damage.
- High Damage.
- High Puncture damage.
- Has innate Punch Through of 3m.
- High accuracy.
- Good critical chance.
- Zooming in increases headshot damage by +25% at 3x zoom or +50% at 4.5x zoom (stacks additively with base damage mods like Serration).
- Deals little Impact and Slash damage, even less than the regular Snipetron.
- High recoil.
- As with all snipers - has relatively small magazine size (average among other snipers).
- Inaccurate beyond short range when fired unzoomed.
- Snipetron Vandal, compared to Snipetron:
- Higher base damage (200.0 vs. 175.0)
- Higher critical chance (25% vs. 20%)
- Higher critical damage multiplier (2x vs. 1.5x)
- Higher status chance (15% vs. 10%)
- Larger magazine (6 rounds vs. 4 rounds)
- Faster reload speed (2 s vs. 3.5 s)
- The Snipetron Vandal parts and blueprint can be occasionally obtained as rewards from Invasions.
- The Snipetron Vandal was first rewarded to players that destroyed at least 20 Grineer Informers during the Informant Event. It came with its own weapon slot and a pre-installed Orokin Catalyst
- Components and blueprint were rewarded from Sortie Season Six.
- The Snipetron Vandal's components and blueprint can be traded between players.
- See Category:Snipetron Vandal Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Snipetron Vandal Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- Originally came pre-installed with its own Orokin Catalyst and its own weapon slot.
- The Snipetron Vandal requires 3 shots to activate its shot combo counter, giving it a 1.5x damage bonus on the third shot, a 2.0x damage bonus after 9 shots, and a 2.5x damage bonus after 27 shots.
- This weapon is great for headshots and very useful against the Grineer.
- When aiming, try to line up your shot before zooming, then zoom, adjust for error, and fire. This may take some practice getting used to, but it's much easier and faster than firing from the hip or zooming haphazardly.
- Carry a good melee or close-range sidearm to engage foes at close range, since the Snipetron Vandal is inefficient and difficult to use properly at this distance.
- Unlike the Snipetron, the Vandal variant is able to use a level 4 Magazine Warp to obtain 8 shots per magazine (25% of 6 is 1.5; any more would be wasted due to rounding up).
- With a level 4 Magazine Warp and level 3 Wildfire (equaling 25% and 20% respectively), you are able to get 9 rounds per magazine. This is because multiple mods of the same type stack additively, rather than cumulatively.
- As a general note, ammo consumption should not be too big of an issue as long as players make full use of their abilities and melee weapons in conjunction with Snipetron Vandal.
- With maximized Split Chamber and Point Strike you have a 72.5% chance of landing at least one critical hit, with a 22.5% chance to land 2 critical hits and a 27.5% chance to not land a critical hit at all.
- Use the Sniper Ammo Mutation mod to greatly relieve the low total ammo and ammo drop chance for sniper rifles.
Snipetron Vandal Skins
- Snipetron, the original counterpart of this weapon.
- Lanka, a weapon that uses the model of the original Snipetron.