Frost deep freezes any vapor and moisture in the area, creating a protective sphere with brief invulnerability to boost its strength.
|Strength:1500 / 2500 / 3000 / 3500 (base health)|
5x (armor multiplier)
40% / 50% / 60% / 67% (slow)
|Duration:30 s (globe duration)|
1 / 2 / 3 / 4 s (invulnerability duration)
- Frost creates a protective globe of ice with a 5 meter radius that has a base health of 1500 / 2500 / 3000 / 3500. Upon activation, the globe is invulnerable for 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 seconds. All incoming damage that is absorbed during the invulnerability period is converted into health and added to the globe's base health. 500% of Frost's armor value is also added to the globe's base health. Enemies that enter the globe will have their attack/movement speed reduced by 40% / 50% / 60% / 67%, and the globe will last for a maximum of 30 seconds.
- Base health is affected by Power Strength, while the slow percentage is not.
- Frost and his allies do not contribute to Snow Globe's health gain by shooting the globe during the invulnerability period.
- Globe duration is affected by Power Duration, while the invulnerability duration is not.
- Globe radius is affected by Power Range.
- Most gunfire, both friendly and hostile, is blocked from entering the globe (gunfire can exit the globe normally). Abilities which are not area-of-effect in nature (e.g., Shuriken) are blocked as well. Detonations from a weapon (including enemy weapons) will penetrate inside the globe from the outside.
- Area-of-effect blasts from the attacks of Grineer Napalms and Bombards will still penetrate the globe, as well as their respective Stagger/Knockdown/Burn procs. A globe large enough however will prevent these areal attacks from hitting players in the direct center or on the opposite end of the globe.
- Snow Globe will not block direct-targeted attacks, such as Soul Punch, Shock, and Smite. It will block attacks with Punch Through, but not Railgun MOA projectiles.
- Can be cast multiple times to create more than a single instance of Snow Globe.
- Casting another instance of Snow Globe from inside an existing globe will remove the previous globe and combine the total remaining health values of both globes for the new globe.
- Place over a cryo-pod in defense missions to shield it from all incoming fire.
- Maximized Power Duration will reduce the globe's radius to 1.7 meters, allowing the globe to protect a cryopod without obstructing friendly fire.
- A maximized range snow globe is ideal for Infested missions as it will create a large area to more easily fight this melee-focused faction.
- When a teammate is downed, place a Snow Globe over him/her to protect you while reviving.
- When facing a boss with ranged attacks, do not place a Snow Globe on it. Instead, place it where your team is, as to protect them from incoming damage.
- When facing a melee boss, you can place a Snow Globe on the boss to slow it down.
- It's strongly recommended to place a Snow Globe on melee bosses if and only if you have range mods equipped. Otherwise only place it on a boss if your team agrees on this decision.
- The particle effect inside the globe can distract players vision. Having a black energy color will remove this particle effect entirely, allowing better vision inside the globe.
- Recasting the ability after 4 seconds while remaining inside the Snow Globe will allow to sustain an impenetrable Snow Globe, that will grow stronger and stronger. This is due to the fact, that it absorbs the enemy fire into its health and adds this health to the next Globe, as long as it is cast inside the first one.
- Particularly useful in T4 Defense, since the enemies will quickly reach a level, where it does not matter how much base health your Snow Globe has.
Maximization is a form of specialization: mods may be blended to result in values that vary between the top-end limits listed here. Click any maximized link to learn how to build it.
- Maximized Power Duration increases the duration to 77.1 seconds.
- Reduces the globe radius to 1.7 meters.
- Maximized Power Efficiency reduces the cost to 12.5 energy.
- Reduces the duration to 12 seconds.
- Maximized Power Range increases the globe radius to 11.75 meters.
- Reduces the health to 1400.
- Maximized Power Strength increases the base health to 10465.
- Increases the cost to 77.5 energy.
- Reduces the duration to 21.75 seconds (rounded to 22)
- Reduces Frost's shields by 5%.
- Maximized Steel Fiber and Arcane Aurora Helmet increases the base health to 5732.5 (3500 + 5*446.5).
- Reduces Frost's health by 5%.
- Maximized Power Strength and Steel Fiber will add up to a base health of 12460 (using Arcane Squall Helmet is recommended, because it boosts the health more than Aurora Helmet does).