Frost deep freezes any vapor and moisture in the area, creating a protective sphere with brief invulnerability to boost its strength.
? / ? / ? / 5000 (base health)
5x (armor multiplier)
50% (damage percentage)
40% / 50% / 60% / 67% (slow)
? / ? / ? / 150 (explosion damage)
1 / 2 / 3 / 4 s (invulnerability duration)
? / ? / ? / 3 s (freeze duration)
|Range:5 m (globe radius)|
- Frost creates a protective globe of ice that has a radius of 5 meters and a base health of ? / ? / ? / 5000. The additional armor Frost gains from equipped mods multiplied by 500% is also added to the globe's health. Upon activation, the globe is invulnerable for 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 seconds. All incoming damage that is absorbed during the invulnerability period is converted into health and added to the globe's health.
- Base health and armor multiplier are affected by Power Strength.
- Snow Globe's health uses the following expression when accounting for Power Strength: Modified Health = (Base Health + 5 × Frost's Base Armor × Base Armor Bonus) × (1 + Power Strength) + Absorbed Damage. As an example, with a maxed Steel Fiber and Intensify, a rank-3 Snow Globe will have an initial health of (5000 + 5 × 300 × 1.1) × 1.3 = 8645 before absorbing damage.
- While active, a health counter becomes visible on the ability icon that tracks the health percentage of the most recently placed Snow Globe from 100% to 0%.
- Frost and his allies do not contribute to Snow Globe's health gain by shooting the globe during the invulnerability period.
- Invulnerability duration is not affected by Power Duration.
- Globe radius is affected by Power Range.
- Upon activation, Snow Globe freezes enemies within its radius over a duration of ? / ? / ? / 3 seconds while violently pushing them outwards. If the enemies hit obstacles, they can be dealt as much as 50% of their maximum health as Finisher damage. Enemies that enter the globe will have their attack/movement speed reduced by 40% / 50% / 60% / 67%.
- Most gunfire, both friendly and hostile, is blocked from entering the globe (gunfire can exit the globe normally). Abilities which are not area-of-effect in nature (e.g., Shuriken) are blocked as well. Detonations from a weapon (including enemy weapons) will penetrate inside the globe from the outside.
- Area-of-effect blasts from the attacks of Grineer Napalms and Bombards will still penetrate the globe, as well as their respective Stagger/Knockdown/Burn procs. A globe large enough however will prevent these areal attacks from hitting players in the direct center or on the opposite end of the globe.
- Snow Globe will not block direct-targeted attacks, such as Soul Punch, Shock, and Smite. It will block attacks with Punch Through, but not Railgun MOA projectiles.
- Casting Freeze onto the exterior of a globe will destroy it, triggering an icy explosion that deals ? / ? / ? / 150 Cold damage in an area of effect.
- Snow Globe can be recast multiple times, but there are restrictions on the number of globes that can be created in the environment.
- A maximum of 4 Snow Globes can be cast at any given time. Casting Snow Globe after reaching the maximum will remove the oldest globe.
- Casting Snow Globe while inside an existing globe will remove the older globe and combine the total remaining health values of both globes for the newer one. The invulnerability period is reactivated for each cast.
- Snow Globes created inside existing globes do not count toward the maximum number of instances, and there is no restriction on the number of times Snow Globe's health can stack with repeated casts. The explosion damage, after destroying a globe with Freeze, does not stack with repeated casts.
- Main article: Chilling Globe
- Maximized Power Strength along with Steel Fiber and Armored Agility will add up to a base health of 12,887.5 (using Arcane Squall Helmet is recommended, because it boosts the health more than Aurora Helmet does).
- Place over a cryo-pod in defense missions to shield it from all incoming fire.
- Maximized Power Duration will reduce the globe's radius to 1.7 meters, allowing the globe to protect a cryopod without obstructing friendly fire.
- A maximized range snow globe is ideal for Infested missions as it will create a large area to more easily fight this melee-focused faction.
- When a teammate is downed, place a Snow Globe over him/her to protect you while reviving.
- When facing a boss with ranged attacks, do not place a Snow Globe on it. Instead, place it where your team is, as to protect them from incoming damage.
- When facing a melee boss, you can place a Snow Globe on the boss to slow it down.
- It's strongly recommended to place a Snow Globe on melee bosses if and only if you have range mods equipped. Otherwise only place it on a boss if your team agrees on this decision.
- The particle effect inside the globe can distract players vision. Having a black energy color will remove this particle effect entirely, allowing better vision inside the globe.
- Recasting the ability after 4 seconds while remaining inside the Snow Globe will allow to sustain an impenetrable Snow Globe, that will grow stronger and stronger. This is due to the fact, that it absorbs the enemy fire into its health and adds this health to the next Globe, as long as it is cast inside the first one.
- Particularly useful in T4 Defense, since the enemies will quickly reach a level, where it does not matter how much base health your Snow Globe has.
- Snow Globe's ability to temporarily freeze and push away enemies can be an effective way to rapidly clear a large safe area to revive teammates or remove enemies attacking a defense objective.
- Using Freeze to detonate a Snow Globe can also be one while inside another globe. This will not affect the globe you are in. If multiple globes overlap, it is possible to shatter a globe which protrudes into another globe by aiming at the part inside your globe.
Maximization is a form of specialization: mods may be blended to result in values that vary between the top-end limits listed here. Click any maximized link to learn how to build it.
- Maximized Power Duration has no positive effect on this ability.
- Reduces globe radius to 1.7 meters.
- Maximized Power Efficiency reduces cost to 12.5 energy.
- Has no negative effect on this ability.
- Maximized Power Range increases globe radius to 11.75 meters.
- Reduces base health to 2000, armor multiplier to 2x, and explosion damage 60.
- Maximized Power Strength increases base health to 14950, armor multiplier to 14.95x, and explosion damage to 448.5.
- Increases cost to 77.5 energy.
- Reduces Frost's shields by 5%.
- Maximized Steel Fiber, Armored Agility, and Arcane Aurora Helmet increases base health to 7700 (5000 + 5*300*1.8).
- Increases Frost's sprint speed by 15%.
- Reduces Frost's health by 5%.