The Star Chart is the interface used to access missions through the "Navigation" segment in the Orbiter. It shows the celestial bodies of the solar system (also referred to as the Origin system). When zooming in or clicking on a celestial body, the player sees how they are linked through Solar Rails Junctions, beginning with Earth, and can select individual mission nodes to play.The star chart uses the following symbols:
- Empty grey rhombus, with grey lines leading to it: This mission is not yet available because the missions leading to it must be completed first.
- Light blue rhombus, with light blue lines leading to it: This mission has not yet been completed but is available because an adjacent mission has been completed.
- White rhombus, with white lines leading to it: This mission has been completed but remains available for replaying.
- Particular missions have special symbols, such as Dark Sectors with the Clan logo, Alerts with a triangle with an exclamation mark inside, Quest missions with the Quest symbol, Syndicate missions with their symbol, Fissures with their flame symbol, Bosses with their eye wearing a crown and finally Sorties with their four diamonds with a flag.
Besides the mission nodes, three planets have a Relay Node. The available relays differ between the PC, PS4 and XB1 versions and two of the available relays will be locked behind a Mastery Rank of either 4 or 8. In addition, a derelict Relay called Maroo's Bazaar can be found on Earth and serves as a trading hub for players.
Planets/Celestial Bodies List
|Mercury • Venus • Earth • Lua • Mars • Phobos • Ceres • Jupiter • Europa • Saturn • Uranus • Neptune • Pluto • Sedna • Kuva Fortress • Eris • Void • Derelict|
- Since Update 19, the Orbiter's reflection map is visible as the static background image behind the planets on the star chart. The image cannot be zoomed in normally, but Tthrough some UI glitching the player can zoom the foreground image out, allowing the user to see the majority of the image.