Using acoustic location, Banshee's Sonar power finds and tracks enemies, and exposes critical weak spots to everyone in your squad.
|Strength:2x / 3x / 4x / 5x|
|Duration:10 / 15 / 20 / 30 s|
|Range:20 / 25 / 30 / 35 m|
- Banshee emits a sound wave and reveals the location of every enemy within 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 meters. Tracked enemies will be visible on every player's mini-map, and each enemy will have a body part highlighted. These effects last for 10 / 15 / 20 / 30 seconds. Hitting an enemy in the highlighted area causes the inflicted damage to be multiplied by 200% / 300% / 400% / 500%.
- Damage multiplier is affected by Power Strength.
- Can increase damage done by abilities if the glowing body part is the torso, since most abilities target the torso.
- Damage can also be increased by body-part multipliers such as the head or unprotected body parts.
- Duration is affected by Power Duration.
- Range is affected by Power Range.
- Can be used while jumping, sliding, flipping, wall-running or wall-clinging.
- Has a cast delay of about 0.8 seconds and a recast time of about 2.4 seconds.
- Recasting Sonar while it's still active will cause additional body parts to be highlighted. Highlighted areas can overlap, causing inflicted damage to be multiplicatively amplified further.
- Sonar does not highlight all enemies within its maximum area of effect immediately, instead the effect propagates outward from the caster's position, travelling at a fixed pace irrespective of Power Range mods, similar to the mechanics of Nova's Molecular Prime. The progress of the wave is reset if Sonar is recast without the previous instance having covered its maximum range, i.e. if the ability is cast three times in succession, only the third instance will propagate far enough to cover all enemies within its radius.
- Main article: Resonance
Resonance is a Warframe Augment Mod for Banshee's Sonar that triggers an additional Sonar pulse with a fraction of the original pulse's remaining duration if an enemy is killed in a highlighted weakspot.
- This ability can help with ranking up new weapons, as the damage multiplier can increase a weapon's damage to a given area, thereby increasing ammo efficiency. Coupled with Rifle Amp, this can greatly improve a weapon's effectiveness before it has enough room for much-needed mods.
- Sonar's augment mod Resonance helps greatly with power efficiency, since it allows Sonars to be automatically cast every few seconds simply by dealing killing damage on weakpoints.
- Because of its multiplicative nature, Sonar is arguably the most potential damage booster currently in the game. A fully modded Banshee combined with a fully modded Equinox can increase the damage multiplier to 18.95, so a single overlapping area will multiply the damage 359 times. For example: a single rifle shot of 5000 damage on a doubled-weakspot on an unarmored target would deal 1.8 million damage.
Maximization is a form of specialization: mods may be blended to result in values that vary between the top-end limits listed here. Click any maximized link to learn how to build it.
- Maximized Ability Duration increases duration to 84.6 seconds.
- Reduces range to 11.9 meters.
- Maximized Ability Efficiency reduces cost to 12.5 energy.
- Reduces duration to 12 seconds.
- Maximized Ability Range increases range to 87.5 meters.
- Reduces damage multiplier to 200%.
- Maximized Ability Strength increases damage multiplier to 1745%.
- Without Energy Conversion, increases damage multiplier to 1495%.
- Increases cost to 77.5 energy.
- Reduces duration to 21.75 seconds.