Channeling all of her acoustic energy into the environment, Banshee uses ultrasonic reverberations to violently shake the ground.
Energy Drain: 25 / 18 / 15 / 12 s-1
|Strength:125 / 150 / 175 / 200|
|Range:12 / 15 / 18 / 20 m|
- The moment Banshee's hands make contact with the ground, 125 / 150 / 175 / 200 Blast damage is dealt in a small area of effect. This blast is also paired with an additional instance of damage that decreases with distance and is increased by body-part multipliers.
- Both sources of damage are affected by Ability Strength.
- The burst damage has a low status chance. The Blast proc knocks down enemies in a small area of effect.
- Following the burst damage, 125 / 150 / 175 / 200 Blast damage per second is dealt to all enemies within 12 / 15 / 18 / 20 meters as Banshee channels her acoustic energy into the environment.
- Sound Quake drains 25 / 18 / 15 / 12 energy per second, and will remain active so long as Banshee has energy. Sound Quake will end if Banshee runs out of energy, or if deactivated by pressing the ability key again (default
- Activation and channeling energy costs are affected by Ability Efficiency.
- Channeling energy cost is affected by Ability Efficiency and Ability Duration.
- Energy Siphon is deactivated while Sound Quake is channeled.
- Collecting Energy Orbs allows energy to be gained during use, which enables channeling of Sound Quake for prolonged periods of time. Since using the ability immobilizes Banshee, a Sentinel with Vacuum will be needed in order to pull energy orbs towards her.
- Banshee is not invincible during the animation.
- Enemies inside the area of effect are staggered for the duration of the skill. However, it's possible for an enemy to stumble outside of Sound Quake's range if they are too close the edge of the effective area.
- Will destroy lights in the area of effect, but not Reinforced Glass or other objects.
- As of Update 14.7, Trinity's Energy Vampire cannot be used to restore Banshee's energy while Sound Quake is active.
- Can be activated while sliding but not while in the air, wall-running or wall-clinging.
- Has a cast delay of 1 second and post-cast delay of 1 second.
- Main article: Resonating Quake
- Using Sound Quake can be a very effective crowd control technique to give your team some breathing room to do some of the following:
- Revive a fallen teammate.
- Clear out some heavy mobs without them retaliating.
- Re-orient themselves to dish out some CC of their own.
- As Sound Quake's duration is based upon the amount of energy you have, the Flow mod and/or the Arcane Reverb Banshee Helmet is very useful in extending the effective duration of the ability.
- While standing on the cryo floors in the void, Sound Quake's drain is reduced. However, the cast delay is increased and the damage tick occurs once every 2 seconds.
Maximization is a form of specialization: mods may be blended to result in values that vary between the top-end limits listed here. Click any maximized link to learn how to build it.
- Maximized Ability Duration reduces channeling cost to 4.26 energy per second.
- Reduces range to 6.8 meters.
- Maximized Ability Efficiency reduces activation cost to 6.25 energy and channeling cost to 3 energy per second.
- Has no negative effects on this ability.
- Maximized Ability Range increases range to 50 meters.
- Reduces damage to 80 per second.
- Maximized Ability Strength increases damage to 698 per second.
- Without Energy Conversion, increases damage to 598 per second.
- Increases activation cost to 38.75 energy and channeling cost to 21 energy per second.
Caused by minimizing the game during the use of Sound Quake. The animation will continue afterward, disallowing any actions. Only leaving or dying will fix it.
While casting, getting knocked back into a bottomless pit or otherwise falling into one (the casting animation moves Banshee forward a little bit), will cause the Sound Quake to persist. It will continue to do damage and stun enemies at the cast point, but will not drain energy. Banshee can move around after coming back up from the fall, but can't do most actions like shooting. Recasting Sound Quake will cancel the damage inflicted by Sound Quake, but will leave the visual effects (camera blur and shake) in the area permanently.