The Spectra is a Corpus pistol unlockable through Energy Lab Research in the dojo. Released in Update 9.0, it appears to be a handheld cutting laser that (according to its description) is as effective at cutting flesh as it is at cutting metal. It is essentially a sidearm version of the Flux Rifle, with the focus on Puncture instead of Slash damage.
The Spectra's beam has a maximum length of 15 meters (compared to the Flux Rifle's 25 meters) and approximately sixteen seconds of firing time before the cell runs dry.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price: 15,000|
|Energy Lab Research •3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
This weapon deals primarily Puncture damage.
- Pinpoint accuracy.
- Magnum Force does not drastically reduce accuracy.
- Puncture damage is good against Grineer.
- Good status chance per second.
- Good ammo economy.
- Second largest ammo reserve of all secondaries.
- Can use the Spectra-exclusive Sequence Burn mod.
- Short range (15m).
- Low critical chance.
- Less effective against Flesh and Shields.
- Requires continuous fire to do most of its damage.
- See Category:Spectra Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Spectra Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- Holding down the fire button while using Shade or a Huras Kubrow will cloak you if enemies are nearby, letting you potentially deal large amounts of damage without retaliation.
- The Spectra is essentially an alternative to the Flux Rifle due to being a beam-based weapon, although it loses versatility by its shorter ranging, non-instantaneous beam, making it effective only at short to mid ranges.
- It specializes in puncture damage, which makes it better than the Flux Rifle against the Grineer.
- The Spectra does not have hitscan capability and requires you to use 2 ammo to extend the beam to maximum length.
- It possesses 360 max pistol ammo instead of 210, similar to the Akzani.
- Can be increased to 684 with a max Trick Mag.
- As with the Flux Rifle, multishot mods (in this case Barrel Diffusion) are essential to maximize output. Lethal Torrent can be used to further increase damage.
- Increasing the fire rate with Lethal Torrent will drastically increase ammo consumption.
- Using the Pistol Ammo Mutation mod can help regain lost ammo when needed. Alternatively, use Pistol Scavenger Aura or bring along Team Ammo Restore.
- Similar building with the Flux Rifle, adding Magnum Force to the Spectra can actually be beneficial, as the shooter does not require precise aiming. This will further reduce its medium range effectiveness however.
- Ruinous Extension and Sequence Burn can bring up the Spectra's range to rival those of Primary beam weapons.
- The Spectra is currently known to be one of the most improved weapons throughout the game's patches, as it was one of the weakest Clan Dojo Research weaponry ever released: It used to deal a total of 8 damage per second.
- Spectra is the plural form of Spectrum.
- During the final phases of the Arid Fear event, the Corpus Scouts were equipped with Spectras, which they would use for short durations before attempting to run.
- Ceasing fire from the Spectra actually retracts the beam instead of it disappearing.
- Flux Rifle, the rifle version of the Spectra.
- Corpus Scout, enemy from an event that used this weapon.
- Sequence Burn, a Spectra exclusive Syndicate mod.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|