The Spira are large throwing knives released in Update 17.4.5.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 175||Blueprints Price:20,000|
This weapon deals primarily Puncture damage.
- High damage.
- Very fast reload speed.
- Tied with Spira Prime for highest critical chance of all throwing-type secondaries.
- Ragdolls and pins the target to the wall on a kill.
- Ragdolled bodies fly in a straight line and can damage other enemies in its path.
- Two polarity slots.
- Capable of using the thrown-exclusive mod Concealed Explosives.
- Low Impact damage - less effective against shields.
- Projectiles have travel time and travel in an arc, making it hard to hit at longer ranges and achieve headshots.
- Although listed as 100% accurate, the Spira has a random spread with every throw, making long range targets more difficult to hit.
- Low status chance.
- Second slowest fire rate of all throwing-type secondaries, behind Pox.
- Spira, compared to Spira Prime:
- Higher base damage (82.0 vs. 60.0)
- Lower critical damage multiplier (2x vs. 3x)
- Lower status chance (8% vs. 14%)
- Lower fire rate (2.5 rounds/sec vs. 3.33 rounds/sec)
- Smaller magazine (10 rounds vs. 12 rounds)
- Slower reload speed (1 s vs. 0.75 s)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (8 vs. 10)
- See Category:Spira Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Spira Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- For effective use of non-hitscan weapons, it is strongly recommended to learn how to lead your target. In short, leading means aiming ahead of your target so the projectile still hits him. It can be a challenge to learn it, low level Grineer are recommended for practicing.
- There is a slight delay after firing a knife before being able to reload, which requires pausing before trying to reload, or tapping the reload button several times.
- The right handed throw does not land at the same place as the left throw, landing lower and slightly to the right of your aim
- This can be counteracted, however, by holding a datamass or a power cell.
- The Spira was one of the items (along with the Ninkondi and the Zhuge) initially made exclusive to Warframe China.
- The Spira has a Prime version, which was given as part of the Chinese Version's Founders Program, along with the Nikana Prime and Excalibur Umbra.
- The Spira is referred to in the game files as "littlelidaggers", a reference to the Little Li daggers (小李飛刀) which are the signature weapon of the martial artist Li Xunhuan in the famous Xiaoli Feidao novels written by Gu Long.