Inflicts targeted enemies with a toxic spore.
|Strength:4 / 10 / 14 / 20 (spore damage)|
|Duration:6 / 8 / 10 / 12 s|
|Range:30 / 40 / 50 / 60 m (cast range)|
8 / 10 / 12 / 16 m (spread radius)
|Misc:2 / 2 / 3 / 3 (initial spores)|
2 / 2 / 3 / 3 (spread spores)
- Saryn infects a target within 30 / 40 / 50 / 60 meters with 2 / 2 / 3 / 3 virulent spores. Each spore inflicts 4 / 10 / 14 / 20 Viral damage per second over a duration of 6 / 8 / 10 / 12 seconds. If a spore is popped, 25 Viral damage with a 100% status chance is dealt within 8 / 10 / 12 / 16 meters, and 2 / 2 / 3 / 3 spores are transmitted to each affected enemy.
- Spore damage and burst damage are affected by Ability Strength.
- Viral status effect reduces a target's current and maximum health by 50% for 7.5 seconds. Duration-based status effects are prolonged due to Saryn's passive.
- Burst damage bypasses obstacles in the environment and does not diminish with distance.
- Duration is affected by Ability Duration.
- Spores will not inflict reduced ticks of damage for non-integer durations (e.g., if Spores' duration is 18.6 seconds, there will be no reduced damage tick for the final 0.6 seconds).
- Cast range and spread radius are affected by Ability Range.
- Spores will burst at a reduced spread radius if the infected target dies. (Roughly half of the regular spread range)
- If an infected enemy is being damaged by a Toxin proc, popping a spore on that enemy will also spread Toxin damage to surrounding enemies. The spore will have 25% of the initial base damage that triggered the Toxin proc added to its burst damage as Viral damage with a 100% status chance for Viral and Toxin effects.
- Damage percentage is affected by Ability Strength.
- Toxin status effect deals 50% of the burst damage as Toxin damage per tick over 11 ticks in 10 seconds. Duration-based status effects are prolonged due to Saryn's passive.
- If multiple Toxin procs are damaging an infected enemy, the initial base damage that triggered each individual Toxin proc will be combined when a spore's burst damage is calculated.
- As an example, with a maxed Hornet Strike, Intensify, and a pistol that inflicts 35 base damage, a single Toxin proc from this pistol on an infected enemy will increase a spore's burst damage to (25 + 0.25 × 35 × (1 + 2.2)) × 1.3 = 68.9. If the infected enemy is being damaged by ten Toxin procs from the same pistol, the spore's burst damage will be increased to (25 + 0.25 × 10 × 35 × (1 + 2.2)) × 1.3 = 396.5.
- Only one spore on the infected enemy can transfer Toxin damage until that enemy becomes damaged by a new Toxin proc.
- When spores are popped on a target, one damage tick is removed from the target for the remainder of the duration. All secondary targets in range will be applied with a new duration of Spores. The primary target's duration is not renewed unless a secondary target's Spore is popped, applying a new duration that is separate to the previous duration.
- Spores can be burst by various sources of damage including weapon damage and radial damage from certain abilities. Bullet jumping near infected enemies can burst spores as well as the radial damage from enemy attacks including (but not limited to) Bombard rockets, Seismic Shockwave damage, Volatile Runner explosions, and radial damage from Boilers and their spawn pods.
- It is possible to remove Spores from an enemy by completely popping all the spores on that enemy.
- Saryn's abilities mutate for bonus effects when used in tandem:
- Multiple instances of Spores can be cast on Molt. Spores' damage will not damage Molt.
- When cast on Molt, Spores energy cost is reduced by 50%.
- When Molt explodes, all spores will burst simultaneously and infect enemies within the spread radius. Molt's explosion can also detonate spores on nearby infected enemies.
- While Toxic Lash is active, at least one spore is guaranteed to burst per melee attack when an infected enemy is struck by Saryn's melee weapon.
- Enemies infected with Spores will restore 2 energy to Saryn for each spore burst by Toxic Lash.
- Spores is a one-handed action. As such, it can be used while performing various maneuvers and actions without interruption.
- If the initial target dies before the spores appear, energy used for Spores will be refunded.
- Main article: Venom Dose
- Can be used to destroy Corpus cameras and (active) turrets. A spore will appear but a camera dies on the first tick.
- Using both maximized Ability Duration and Ability Strength, each spore can deal 56.8 damage per second over the course of 30.54 seconds while increasing the energy cost to 38.75, reducing the cast range to 20.4 meters, and reducing the spread radius to 5.44 meters.
- Combine with aoe weapons (namely Ignis and Embolist which both deal DoT, increased by her passive), the spores pop very easily and the viral proc on groups will likely halve time to kill.
Maximization is a form of specialization: mods may be blended to result in values that vary between the top-end limits listed here. Click any maximized link to learn how to build it.
- Maximized Ability Duration increases duration to 33.84 seconds.
- Reduces cast range to 20.4 meters and spread radius to 5.44 meters.
- Maximized Ability Efficiency reduces cost to 6.25 energy.
- Reduces duration to 4.8 seconds.
- Maximized Ability Range increases cast range to 150 meters and spread radius to 40 meters.
- Reduces spore damage to 8 per second, burst damage to 10, and damage percentage to 10%.
- Maximized Ability Strength increases spore damage to 69.8 per second, burst damage to 87.25, and damage percentage to 87.25%.
- Without Energy Conversion, increases spore damage to 59.8 per second, burst damage to 74.75, and damage percentage to 74.75%.
- Increases cost to 38.75 energy.
- Reduces duration to 8.7 seconds.