Status Effect (or commonly called Proc) is an additional effect which may be triggered at random by a hit from a weapon, while Status Chance is the probability that a hit will inflict a Proc/Status Effect.
All damage types have a chance to inflict an associated status effect on a target. See the Damage 2.0 Overview Table for information on which status effects are associated with which damage types.
The chance that a proc will occur can be increased with mods such as Rifle Aptitude and also by any mods which increase the number of projectiles fired, such as Split Chamber. The likelihood that a proc will occur in a given time frame can naturally be increased by mods which increase a weapon's rate of fire.
For example, a weapon such as Ignis deals base elemental Heat damage. In addition to its base damage, Ignis also has a 10% status chance (base) per second of continuous fire to proc a burning status effect, which has the visible effect of setting an enemy on fire and deals additional damage over time for the duration of the effect. Warframe abilities are exceptions, as they usually have a high chance to proc or in some cases, 100% chance to inflict the status effect (e.g. Frost's Freeze ability).
Enemies also possess the ability to inflict status effects on Tenno. For example, a Grineer Scorch has a chance to inflict the burning status effect (like Ignis does) and a Toxic Ancient can proc a poison damage over time associated with Toxin . Similarly, enemies are also able to inflict physical procs such as bleeding, which is associated with Slash damage, directly to the player's health (ignoring shields).
Primary Status EffectsEdit
The "Status" stat of a weapon in the arsenal is the probability that in any shot or strike with that weapon, at least one status effect (proc) will occur. For any weapon with multiple pellets in one shot (i.e. shotguns and weapons with multishot mods), this can be calculated using the following formula, which is also the one used by the arsenal:
- Ss = 1 - ( 1 - Sp )^pc
Ss is the status chance of the shot, Sp is the status chance of each pellet, and pc is the pellet count, how many pellets are fired with one shot. Multishot mods increase the Ss by increasing pc, Status Chance mods increase the Ss by increasing Sp. pc doesn't need to be a whole (natural) number, if you have a maxed Split Chamber installed on a rifle, pc would be 1.9.
When more than one status effect in different pellets of the same shot can have an effect (e.g. Corrosive procs), it is more important to know the expected value of status effects per shot instead. This value can be determined with the following formula:
- ES = pc * Sp = pc * ( 1 - ( 1 - Ss )^(1/pc) )
Where ES is the expected ( = average ) number of status effects per shot.
- Rate of fire is usually inversely proportional to proc chance; for example the Twin Vipers have a high rate of fire and a very low proc chance, whereas the slower-firing Ogris has a higher proc chance. Exceptions exist however, such as the Grakata.
- The chance that a proc caused by physical damage will occur appears to be proportional to the amount of base damage dealt by each of the three physical damage types (slash, impact, and puncture). For example, the Strun's highest physical damage type is Impact , thus it inflicts more knockbacks (the proc associated with impact damage) than bleeding or weakening procs associated with slash and puncture damage, respectively.
- Elemental damage procs seem to have a lower chance of occurring compared to physical damage procs.
- This mechanic was introduced with Damage 2.0 in Update 11 and replaced stun chance mods.
- In Update 11.0.2, damage type icons were added and will appear beside damage ticks to indicate that a proc has been inflicted.
- It does not appear that increasing the physical or elemental damage of a weapon increases the duration of the associated proc (e.g. enemies won't be confused longer if radiation damage is increased.)
- Damage-dealing status effects that proc on headshots deal 4x damage.
- At least where Toxic is concerned, it's possible to proc lower, parent elements from combined elements. [e.g. Toxic DoT procing on a corrosive or viral weapon]. (more study is needed.)
- The status chance shown on shotguns is actually the calculated probability that at least one of the pellets will proc. For example, the Strun Wraith displays a 40% status chance, but in fact has a ~5% chance for each of its ten pellets.
- This causes an issue where shotguns may proc less often than they should, if at all.
List of mods which affect Status ChanceEdit
|Weapon||Name||Stat||Power Cost||Polarity||Commonly Dropped By||Rarity|
|Rifle||Rifle Aptitude||2.5% | 5% | 7.5% | 10% | 12.5% | 15%||4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9||Grineer Flameblade||Uncommon|
|Rifle||Malignant Force||15% | 30% | 45% | 60%||4 | 5 | 6 | 7||Corrupted Vor||Rare|
|Rifle||High Voltage||15% | 30% | 45% | 60%||4 | 5 | 6 | 7||Tethra's Doom Reward||Rare|
|Rifle||Thermite Rounds||15% | 30% | 45% | 60%||4 | 5 | 6 | 7|| Operation Breeding Grounds
|Rifle||Hammer Shot||10% | 20% | 30% | 40%||6 | 7 | 8 | 9||Nightmare Mode||Rare|
|Shotgun||Shotgun Savvy||5% | 10% | 15% | 20% | 25% | 30%||4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9||Corpus Prod Crewman||Uncommon|
|Shotgun||Toxic Barrage||15% | 30% | 45% | 60%||4 | 5 | 6 | 7||Corrupted Vor||Rare|
|Shotgun||Shell Shock||15% | 30% | 45% | 60%||4 | 5 | 6 | 7|| Tethra's Doom
|Shotgun||Scattering Inferno||15% | 30% | 45% | 60%||4 | 5 | 6 | 7|| Operation Breeding Grounds
|Pistol||Pistol Pestilence||15% | 30% | 45% | 60%||4 | 5 | 6 | 7||Corrupted Vor||Rare|
|Pistol||Jolt||15% | 30% | 45% | 60%||4 | 5 | 6 | 7|| Tethra's Doom
|Pistol||Scorch (Mod)||15% | 30% | 45% | 60%||4 | 5 | 6 | 7|| Operation Breeding Grounds
|Pistol||Sure Shot||2.5% | 5% | 7.5% | 10% | 12.5% | 15%||2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7||Grineer Scorch||Uncommon|
|Pistol||Stunning Speed||2.5% | 5% | 7.5% | 10%||6 | 7 | 8 | 9||Nightmare Mode||Rare|
|Melee||Melee Prowess||2.5% | 5% | 7.5% | 10% | 12.5% | 15%||2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7||Corpus Detron Crewman||Uncommon|
|Melee||Virulent Scourge||15% | 30% | 45% | 60%||4 | 5 | 6 | 7||Corrupted Vor||Rare|
|Melee||Voltaic Strike||15% | 30% | 45% | 60%||4 | 5 | 6 | 7|| Tethra's Doom
|Melee||Volcanic Edge||15% | 30% | 45% | 60%||4 | 5 | 6 | 7|| Operation Breeding Grounds
|Melee||Enduring Strike||15% | 30% | 45% | 60%||4 | 5 | 6 | 7||Dark Sector Reward||Common|