Steel Charge is an aura mod that increases the damage dealt by melee weapons.
* Aura mods increase the amount of Mod Capacity
- The melee damage provided by this mod stacks additively with other melee mods, e.g. Pressure Point.
- To the melee weapon the benefit of this mod is equivalent to a rank 2 Pressure Point.
- When stacked as an entire squad, it will provide 240% melee damage.
- Using this, along with Coaction Drift, Pressure Point and Spoiled Strike, will boost an individual player's melee damage by 299.35%.
- Using this, along with Coaction Drift, Primed Pressure Point and Spoiled Strike, will boost an individual player's melee damage by 344.35%.
- An entire cell in which each player has both Steel Charge and Coaction Drift will give +317.4% melee damage.
- An entire cell with the complete damage boosting mods will give a total of +582.4%.
- It is the most proficient aura in powering a Warframe, as the aura can potentially provide a total of 18 points (assuming it is on a matching polarity slot), compared to most auras that provide 14.
- Melee ability weapons, thrown glaives, and Archwing melee weapons all benefit from this mod.
- Steel Charge used to have a higher drain and with it a maximum modding potential of 88 could be reached. Any build which used this higher cap before the change has stayed the same despite exceeding the maximum drain, though this is likely a bug.
- As of Hotfix 16.11.5, Steel Charge will now affect the damage dealt by Ash's Blade Storm.
- On Update 12.0, the melee damage bonus was increased from 3% to 5%, while its maximum rank was also increased from 5 to 10. As of Update 12.2, Steel Charge was reduced to a rank 5 mod, bringing melee damage in line to provide +60% at max rank, and granting 9 additional mod energy points at max rank (as opposed to the relatively standard 7). Any player who had a copy at rank 6 or above received two Legendary Cores as compensation.
|Madurai||Dead Eye • Growing Power • Pistol Amp • Rifle Amp • Shotgun Amp • Steel Charge|
|Vazarin||EMP Aura • Infested Impedance • Physique • Rejuvenation • Stand United • Toxin Resistance|
|Naramon||Corrosive Projection • Enemy Radar • Energy Siphon • Empowered Blades • Loot Detector • Pistol Scavenger • Rifle Scavenger • Shield Disruption • Shotgun Scavenger • Sniper Scavenger • Speed Holster • Sprint Boost|
|Unreleased||Affinity Amp • Electrical Resistance • Fire Resistance • Frost Insulation • Laser Deflection|