|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price: 50,000|
|Bio Lab Research •3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
This weapon deals Electricity damage.
- Innate Electricity damage – making it effective against Robotic and Machinery-enemies. Electricity is a versatile damage type, combining for Magnetic, Corrosive and Radiation.
- Highest Critical Chance of all weapons, alongside the Amprex, Dread and Lenz.
- Instantly reaches its max range of 18m.
- Large magazine size.
- High DPS.
- Fast reload time.
- Imperfect accuracy, unlike the Flux Rifle, making shots easier to hit without precise aiming.
- Reliant on its high critical damage potential, which makes it ill-suited against Object-based health.
- Damage cannot be increased with Slash, Impact or Puncture mods.
- When combining elements, Electricity damage is added last.
- Limited range (18m).
- Imperfect accuracy is worsened through Electric Shield.
- Poor ammo efficiency.
- Main article: Category:Synapse Build
See the user build section for builds using this weapon.
- It is a good weapon to use against robotics, especially combined with Volt's Electric Shield.
- With max Point Strike Synapse's crit chance can be increased up to 125%, ensuring critical hits while having 25% to proc Red Critical Hits, though a Rank 3 Point Strike will be sufficient to increase its crit chance to 100% if low on mod energy.
- As mentioned above, using the Synapse in conjunction with Volt's Electric Shield worsens the Synapse's imperfect accuracy. When using Heavy Caliber, the accuracy is somewhat low at even medium range.
- As of Update 11.0, the Synapse can no longer do constant red crits when used in conjunction with Volt's Electric Shield.
- Compared to the very similar Amprex, the Synapse deals significantly more damage when fully modded, but does not have the property of the shots chaining to other enemies, making the Synapse better for single-target damage while the Amprex excels at crowd control.
- Crafting the Synapse used to require 11 Mutagen Masses and 3 Forma before being announced as a mistake, reducing it down to 5 and 2 respectively.
- The tendrils at the front end of the Synapse move, retracting and enclosing the muzzle upon holstering the rifle. This suggests the weapon is a living organism.
- A Synapse is a nervous system structure that acts as a 'gate' between neurons, allowing electrical signals to be passed between nerve cells. Synapses help form the electrical pathways of the nervous system.
- This weapon seems to be based on the Electric Crawler as it has similar lighting attacks.
- To have an elemental combination not including Electricity, you previously had to add Stormbringer and/or High Voltage as a placeholder. As of a recent patch innate elements are placed last in the elemental combination hierarchy allowing better elemental versatility.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|