Syndicate Medallions are objects that can be traded for Standing in a respective Syndicate's enclave in a Relay. Medallions can be found on the daily Syndicate Alert missions as physical objects scattered throughout the map that must be interacted with to pick up. There can be up to 8 to collect per mission, and each medallion rewards either 500, 1,000, or 5,000 Standing for that respective Syndicate.
Redeeming these medallions will gain Standing with that syndicate and its allies, but it will also reduce Standing with opposing groups as when gained through Affinity.
Arbiters of Hexis
The Perrin Sequence
Each type of medallion has visual identifiers to distinguish them; 500 Standing Medallions have an occasional gleam animation (similar to the shine on containers/etc.), while 1,000 Standing Medallions have visible colored particle effects, and 5,000 Standing Medallions add a light pillar identical to those used in locating Rare Mods.
Firstly, it's important to note that Medallions can be found during Syndicate Daily Missions and as a "Daily Login Reward". They can be found in most mission types, but depending on tileset, they may not be available in Interception and Defense missions.
Medallions can most often be found off the regular mission path, hidden away inside rooms and so on. Use Thief's Wit and/or Loot Detector to make the medallions show up on the minimap (albeit using the same icon as Storage Containers) and search thoroughly. It's important to remember that many rooms have hidden areas (often behind vents/gratings/fans) that do not appear on the regular minimap, and medallions can often be found hidden in these secret spaces. Remember to pay attention to your surroundings and explore.
When a medallion is collected, it will tell you how many medallions you've found and how many are left in the mission area. As noted above, there will be as many as 8 medallions total in a mission. Making sure to collect all of the medallions in all of your daily missions can very easily double or even triple your Standing gains by the daily limit (depending on luck with the types).
As for the medallions themselves;
- Common (500) medallions have only a slight shimmer effect, and as many are dark, they can be difficult to spot. Cephalon Suda has the most visible basic medallion while Steel Meridian has the biggest medallion.
- Uncommon (1,000) medallions have faction-colored particle effects. For instance, a Red Veil Honored Mark has a red glow.
- Rare (5,000) medallions have the same particle effects as uncommon medallions, as well as a column of light similar to those found on rare mods or Kubrow Eggs. Like the particle effects, the column uses faction-related colors (i.e. Steel Meridian General Insignias have an orange column, whilst Perrin Sequence Partner Quittances have a cyan column).
- Medallions can only spawn in specific spots in specific tiles. Some tilesets, most notably Corpus Ice Planet, have fewer potential spawn points per mission, and can sometimes result in fewer than 8 medallions appearing.
- Standing gained by redeeming medallions does not count towards the daily limit.
- Loot Detector, Thief's Wit and/or Animal Instinct can help find these medallions as they show up on the minimap as Storage Containers would.
- It is possible for two or more medallions to be found in the same room.
- Medallions share their spawn locations with Fragments, meaning the two can occasionally overlap.
- Defense and Interception syndicate missions will only spawn them on certain mission tiles, but their end-mission reward is higher to compensate. This increase extends to all tilesets, including ones where medallions do spawn, and due to comparatively small map size these missions are both the easiest and most rewarding, provided the player(s) are able to complete the objective itself.
- Medallions can spawn in Spy-exclusive tiles.
- Each player in the squad needs to pick up the medallions themselves.
- Upon any player picking up a medallion, its location is automatically marked for every other player as if it has been waypointed. Unlike waypoints, a single player can auto-mark all 8 medallions at the same time in this way.
- When joining a mission in progress, any medallions that have been picked up will be visible for newly joined players.
- Medallions can be traded in if they would increase your standing above the maximum possible for your current rank, however the excess standing is wasted. For instance, if your next rank is at 22,000 and you possess 21,999 standing, you can trade in a 500-point medallion in order to rank up but will only gain 1 standing from it.
- Prior to Update 15.13, the rewards for medallions were 200, 500 and 5000 Standing.
- Players who have already completed a Syndicate Alert won't be able to obtain or see medallions again if they join a different session of that alert.
- Resource Boosters will not double the number of collected Medallions.
- Smeeta Kavat with Charm can no longer double the amount of medallions you pick up.
- If a client chooses a mission that the host did not have access to on their starchart, medallions will not spawn in that mission.
- Medallions may not render correctly if alt-tabbing during mission loading. This is most often noticeable with Cephalon Suda's medallions, as the top facets of each "pillar" will appear but the vertical/side facets will not.
- (Untested, may have been fixed) If the host is migrated mid-mission, all picked up Medallions will be reset (i.e. If the mission contained 4 medallions at the start and another player picks up 2, after host migration, the player will not keep those 2 and the map may spawn 0-8 new Medallions, after removing previously picked-up ones) This is only applicable if you become the new host. Non-hosting members may or may not keep old session Medallions.
- As a client and not being the player to select the syndicate mission, It is sometimes possible to see and pick up medallions from opposing syndicates, regardless of how negative your standings with the opposing syndicate may be. Likewise, players in the same mission who are allied with the syndicate and have positive standing may be unable to see or pick up the medallions. This bug can even rotate between players from mission to mission. When another player joins, players who have the encountered the bug will sometimes only partially be able to collect all medallions as well. (All players started together instead of joining, no host migrations, needs more testing to find cause.)
- Sometimes you can get more or a less amount of medallions than you have picked up. Even if it is more than 8(Untested, may have been fixed). E.g. you have picked up 7 Red Veil medallions in one mission and you get 8 at the end.
- Sometimes Medallions will be invisible, thus making it possible to pick them only if you walk over them – happens most often with Perrin Quittances). Use Loot Detector or Animal Instincts mods to detect them easily.