Summon a rock-wall, activate again to send the rocks crashing towards the enemy.
|Strength:5x (armor multiplier)|
2850 / 3150 / 3450 / 3750 (base health)
250 / 300 / 350 / 500 (explosion damage)
150 / 300 / 450 / 600 (roll damage)
|Range:3 / 3 / 4 / 5 m (explosion radius)|
|Misc:1 / 2 / 3 / 4 s (invulnerability duration)|
15 m (roll distance)
- Reshaping the surrounding terrain, Atlas erects a bulwark made of stone with a base health of 2850 / 3150 / 3450 / 3750 and additional health equal to 500% of Atlas' modded armor bonus. Upon activation, the bulwark is invulnerable for 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 seconds. Incoming damage that is absorbed during the invulnerability period is converted and added to the bulwark's health.
- Base health and armor multiplier are affected by Ability Strength.
- While active, a health counter becomes visible on the ability icon that tracks the bulwark's health percentage from 100% to 0%. Placing the HUD's targeting reticle over the bulwark will also display its health bar.
- Atlas and his allies do not contribute to a bulwark's health gain by shooting it during the invulnerability period.
- Invulnerability duration is not affected by Ability Duration.
- Deactivating the ability by pressing Impact damage per second to enemies that are dragged along its path. After rolling 15 meters or hitting an environmental object, the boulder will explode and inflict 250 / 300 / 350 / 500 Puncture damage to enemies within a radius of 3 / 3 / 4 / 5 meters. again will cause the bulwark to compact into a boulder that rolls towards the current direction of aim, dealing 150 / 300 / 450 / 600
- (Requires Testing) Many if not all explosive weapons with a timer or detonation mechanic will explode immediately on contact with the bulwark. No in-game context has been given for this phenomenon.
- While the bulwark is capable of blocking most hostile gunfire, it does not provide cover from area of effect damage, including the explosive attacks of Grineer Bombards and Napalms.
- The bulwark and boulder have collision detection for enemies only. Atlas and allies can move through Tectonics' objects unobstructed.
- Enemies that are melee-focused will attack the bulwark if it obstructs their path, though some enemies may simply run up against it.
- Atlas can maintain only one bulwark at a time.
- Upon casting the bulwark into a boulder, Tectonics can be recast to create a new bulwark while the boulder travels.
- The bulwark will spawn on the same elevation as Atlas and will not fall down while in wall form even if there is no object under it.
- Tectonics cannot be cast while Atlas is in the air.
- Casting and deactivation animations of 1 second are affected by Natural Talent.
- Main article: Tectonic Fracture
- Can completely block off narrow enough areas or chokepoints from enemies.
- Note that Atlas and allies can freely move and wield melee weapons through the bulwark.
- The boulder can be used to push down long corridors, but take care when aiming as the boulder will detonate when it hits a side wall or standing obstacle.
- The bulwark's cover can assist in reviving allies who have fallen to a frontal threat. Beware when fallen allies are surrounded.
- Also beware of area of effect knockdown and blast attacks, which will penetrate the bulwark and interrupt revive.
- Enemies will not change their motion to sidestep a rolling boulder. This makes the boulder very effective against lines of charging foes (which, for example, often appear in Excavation missions).
- (Requires Testing) Explosive weapons with a timer or detonation mechanic will explode immediately on contact with the bulwark (e.g. shots fired from the Stug or the cubes made by the Mutalist Quanta). This can be used to make time-delayed weapons deal their damage and effects instantly.
- The bulwark's health uses the following expression when accounting for Ability Strength: Modified Health = (Base Health + 5 × Atlas' Base Armor × Base Armor Bonus) × (1 + Ability Strength) + Absorbed Damage.
Maximization is a form of specialization: mods may be blended to result in values that vary between the top-end limits listed here. Click any maximized link to learn how to build it.
- Maximized Ability Duration has no positive effects on this ability.
- Reduces explosion radius to 1.7 meters.
- Maximized Ability Efficiency reduces cost to 12.5 energy.
- Has no negative effects on this ability.
- Maximized Ability Range increases explosion radius to 14 meters.
- Reduces base health to 2900 armor multiplier to 2x, roll damage to 240 and explosion damage to 200.
- Maximized Ability Strength increases base health to 27042.5 armor multiplier to 18.65x, roll damage to 2238 and explosion damage to 1865.
- Without Energy Conversion, increases these values respectively to 23417.5, 16.15x, 1938 and 1615.
- cost to 12.5 energy.
- With maximized Steel Fiber and Armored Agility, increases base health to 8487.5.
- Adding Maximized Ability Strength to this, increases base health to 31658.38.