Calls down a barrage of liquid fury.
|Strength:50 / 75 / 100 / 150|
|Duration:2 / 3 / 4 / 5 s|
|Range:∞ (cast range)|
5 m (explosion radius)
3 / 5 / 8 / 10 m (barrage radius)
- Hydroid marks a location for bombardment over unrestricted range, calling forth an artillery barrage-like salvo of water blasts from above to strike enemies within a radius of 3 / 5 / 8 / 10 meters for 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 seconds. The water blasts launch from above in a salvo of 4 per second, with each water blast exploding on impact dealing 50 / 75 / 100 / 150 Impact damage and Knockdown to enemies within a ? / ? / ? / 5 meters radius.
- The barrage distinctly resembles a salvo of cannon-fire from an old warship. Like said salvo, it is not terribly accurate, but can threaten a wide area for several seconds and an enemy can be struck multiple times.
- Water blasts have a high chance to strike both grounded and airborne targets directly.
- Tapping the button (default
) initiates the ability cast immediately, while holding the button highlights the barrage radius around the aiming reticle in Hydroid's energy color, allowing free aim before releasing the hotkey to cast Tempest Barrage at the target location.
- The barrage will be centered on the spot where the reticle is pointing up to the first solid object within view. This allows Tempest Barrage to be cast at distant locations as long as one has line of sight. Note that it tends to fall short if cast through a door or gateway.
- The barrage spot is decided immediately upon beginning the cast; you can move the reticle freely during the cast animation without changing the target location.
- When cast on Snow Globe it will not be able to strike through it, but when cast within it will fall through it normally.
- Tempest Barrage is a One-Handed Action that allows casting during movement, while midair, and on ziplines.
- Cast animation is affected by Natural Talent and Speed Drift.
- Can be recast while active to create multiple instances.
- Main article: Corroding Barrage
|Rank||Corrosive Status Chance||Cost|
- Using range mods increases the bolts' blast radius. In this way, you can use its utility to knock things down in a large radius.
Maximization is a form of specialization: mods may be blended to result in values that vary between the top-end limits listed here. Click any maximized link to learn how to build it.
- Maximized Power Duration increases duration to 14.1 seconds.
- Reduces range to 1.7 meters.
- Maximized Power Efficiency reduces cost to 6.25 energy.
- Reduces duration to 2 seconds.
- Maximized Power Range increases range to 12.5 meters.
- Reduces damage to 60.
- Maximized Power Strength increases damage to 523.5.
- Without Energy Conversion, increases damage to 448.5.
- Increases cost to 38.75 energy.
- Reduces duration to 3.63 seconds.