Summons a creature from the deep to wreak havoc.
|Strength:75 / 150 / 225 / 300 (contact damage)|
50 / 100 / 150 / 200 (capture damage per second)
|Duration:10 / 13 / 18 / 20 s|
|Range:3 / 3 / 5 / 5 m (base radius)|
9 / 9 / 15 / 15 m (charged radius)
|Misc:∞ (cast range)|
4 / 6 / 8 / 10 (tentacles)
8 / 12 / 16 / 20 (charged tentacles)
- Hydroid summons a creature from the deep, causing 4 / 6 / 8 / 10 tentacles to emerge from all surfaces within a marked location 3 / 3 / 5 / 5 meters in radius, cast over unrestricted range. Tentacles prioritize spawning beneath enemies inside the radius, with each tentacle capturing their initial targets or throwing them upward, dealing a maximum of 75 / 150 / 225 / 300 Magnetic damage upon emerging, on first contact with enemies, and when submerging as the ability expires after 10 / 13 / 18 / 20 seconds; captured enemies are incapacitated in a ragdoll state and stay attached to the flailing tentacles, while dealt 50 / 100 / 150 / 200 Finisher damage per second.
- Tentacle Magnetic damage and Finisher damage per second are affected by Ability Strength, while number of active tentacles is not.
- Spawn radius is affected by Ability Range.
- Duration is affected by Ability Duration.
- Casting speed and charging speed are affected by Natural Talent and Speed Drift.
- Tentacles detect and capture new enemy targets when they come into range.
- Tentacles can capture multiple enemies at once.
- Tentacles with captured enemies will flail their victims around slowly, allowing players to take aim and kill their targets.
- Tapping the button (default
) casts the ability immediately. Holding the button for up to 2.5 seconds charges Tentacle Swarm, increasing the number of tentacles spawned up to 8 / 12 / 16 / 20 and spawn radius up to 300%, in exchange for up to double energy cost.
- Tentacle Swarm's spawn area will be highlighted by Hydroid's energy color during the casting and charging animations.
- Spawn area indicator visibly grows in size as Tentacle Swarm is charged.
- While charging, an audible whale-like call from the Kraken plays.
- Can be cast while in Undertow liquid form to center Tentacle Swarm on the pool.
- Quick cast causes all tentacles to spawn inside Undertow's radius, while charged cast extends the spawn radius outside of Undertow.
- Tentacle Magnetic damage and Finisher damage per second deal 200% damage when cast from Undertow, including tentacles that spawn outside Undertow.
- Casting Tentacle Swarm is a two-handed action that stops Hydroid's movement and other actions. Charging Tentacle Swarm is a two-handed upper body animation that allows player movement.
- Can be recast while active; however, only one instance of Tentacle Swarm can be active at a time. Recasting will replace the previous instance.
- Hydroid briefly summons the Kraken at the center of the spawn area as a visual effect. The Kraken emerges from a pool of water, then submerges slowly and disappears. Kraken is affected by Hydroid's chosen Warframe appearance and energy colors.
- Tentacles appear as translucent water tendrils emerging from a small puddle of water. Tentacles emit splashes of water periodically, as well as a steam particle effect at their base which is affected by Hydroid's chosen Warframe energy color.
- Main article: Pilfering Swarm
Maximization is a form of specialization: mods may be blended to result in values that vary between the top-end limits listed here. Click any maximized link to learn how to build it.
- Maximized Ability Duration increases duration to 61.2 seconds.
- range to 5.1 - 15.3 meters.
- Maximized Ability Efficiency reduces cost to 12.5 - 25 energy.
- Reduces duration to 8 seconds.
- Maximized Ability Range increases range to 42 - 126 meters.
- Reduces maximum tentacle damage to 48 and capture damage to 80 per second.
- Maximized Ability Strength increases maximum tentacle damage to 4173.87 and capture damage to 746 per second.
- Without Energy Conversion, increases maximum tentacle damage to 3129.87 and capture damage to 646 per second.
- Reduces cost to 77.5 - 155 energy.
- Reduces duration to 14.5 seconds.
- Animation is made and energy is wasted but no tentacles spawn