- Complete the tasks listed in the Junction description on Venus then defeat the specter guarding it. This will unlock the "Howl of the Kubrow" quest.
- Once back aboard the Orbiter, go to the Codex and open Quests. Select "Howl of the Kubrow" and choose 'Begin Quest'.
- Go to Navigation and choose "Install Segment". A "HOWL OF THE KUBROW" holo-sign will appear over the map console. Lotus will then tell the player to go to Unda, Venus (Survival) to find the Incubation Segment.
- Select Unda from the Solar Map and commence the mission.
- The player must fight for at least ten minutes to find the Incubator.
- Once back aboard the Liset, go to the empty stasis pad area near the Arsenal and select "Install Segment". The Incubator will appear on the stasis pad; selecting it will tell the player how to commence incubating a Kubrow.
- Select E Prime, Earth (Exterminate) from the Solar Map, Find a Kubrow Egg by destroying Kubrow Dens. It can also be purchased for 10. Currently, only one Kubrow Egg can be in the player's inventory! If a second Egg drops in-game while the first Egg is in the inventory, it will be impossible to pick up the second Egg and it will be left behind. Use the first Egg by starting an incubation before farming for another Egg.
- Once the player has acquired an egg, one must acquire an Incubator Power Core. It can be acquired through the Market ready-made or in the form of a blueprint.
- After acquiring the Power Core, the Egg incubation will start and the Egg will hatch after 48 hours. After it hatches, the player can name the Kubrow, and will have to manage the Kubrow's DNA integrity and loyalty.
- The player will have to manually mature the Kubrow in order to complete the quest.
- The player must then go to Gaia, Earth to obtain a collar from the Grineer via a 5-wave defense mission. The object to protect will be the player's Kubrow itself.
- Once the collar has been obtained, the player will be able to deploy the Kubrow in missions.
Upon beginning the Howl of the Kubrow quest, the player will receive an intercepted message in the Inbox. It provides some background/lore on what the Corpus were doing with the Incubation module.
- By default, the Liset has 2 available stasis chambers.
- The pet that is selected does not necessarily have to be a Kubrow; any pet that can be incubated can be used.
- The final mission of the Quest had a bug on release, where failing it would kill the player's Kubrow permanently. 501 Kubrows were lost before the bug was fixed.
|Main Quests||Vor's Prize • Once Awake • The Archwing • Stolen Dreams • The New Strange • Natah • The Second Dream • The War Within • Chains of Harrow • Apostasy Prologue • The Sacrifice|
|Side Quests||Howl of the Kubrow • A Man of Few Words|
|Warframe Quests|| Hidden Messages (Mirage) • The Limbo Theorem (Limbo) • Patient Zero (Mesa) |
The Jordas Precept (Atlas) • Sands of Inaros (Inaros) • The Silver Grove (Titania)
The Glast Gambit (Nidus) • Octavia's Anthem (Octavia) • Saya's Vigil (Gara)