Fandom

WARFRAME Wiki

Status on continuous weapons is bad

    • Currently cannot produce a status chance of over 100%

    Saw that on Lacera page today. Let me tell you, it isn't a bug. Status is capped at maximum of 1 proc per hit on an enemy (same reason why non-continuous guns are capped at 100%). That also got me thinking about status on continuous weapons.

    Status chance above 100% is only achievable on continuous weapons, because the status chance is displayed as status chance per SECOND, instead of status chance per HIT (or per shot on non-continous guns).

    Prisma Grakata, for example, with a crit status build (with two 60% ele mods) has a status chance of 66,8% per SHOT and fire rate of 28,17 with Shred on. This means that the Prisma Grakata will proc average of [28,17*0,668 = 18,81756] times per SECOND. That's 1881,756% status per SECOND.  

    Status per second is increased by status mods and fire rate mods on continuous weapons. Yup, not by multishot. The highest status per second Glaxion, the continuous weapon with the highest base status per seond, can reach is 372,4%. That means Glaxion is guaranteed to proc 3 times and has a 72,4% chance to proc a fourth time per second. At this point I have to mention that Grakata's procs are not guaranteed since those are originally displayed as status per shot, but the probability of not proccing a single time with 28,17 fire rate at 66,8% status chance is nonexistent (1-0,668)^28,17 = 0,0000000000032393645%.

    The build that you need on Glaxion to reach 372,4% status per second is garbage. d4a6f83cca2743fff80bb76fbfcf1819.jpg

    That 56,00 fire rate will burn through your ammo in matter of seconds and you'd be probably able to kill 1 high-level enemy, if even that. On a build that somebody would actually use (4 60% ele mods + Vile Acceleration + the mandatory mods) the status per second is only 226.1%. Continuous weapons for status are really bad.

    Am I missing something or are continuous weapons really that bad for status? What are your thoughts?

      Loading editor
    • 188.67.204.253 wrote:

      [...]

      Prisma Grakata, for example, with a crit status build (with two 60% ele mods) has a status chance of 66,8% per SHOT and fire rate of 28,17 with Shred on. This means that the Prisma Grakata will proc average of [28,17*0,668 = 18,81756] times per SECOND. That's 1881,756% status per SECOND.  

      [...]

      I'm not sure how you figure 1881.756% status chance per second on Prisma Grakata, but yes, status on continuous is deceiving. Continuous fire used to function exactly like rifles/pistols on a status/bullet basis until DE implemented the nerf a while back. As a result, Embolist became very weak. The only continuous weapon you could argue represents a true (or least misleading) status/sec is Quanta Vandal because it has a base fire rate of 1 ammo/sec.

        Loading editor
    • You say this, and yet A guy in my discord used a continuous weapon and was hitting several thousands with one damage viral tick against level 135 enemies. His testing also showed that multishot did in fact increase the number of status procs, just look at the Phage for that. And yes, status doesnt only trigger once per second, as he was able to trigger 2 viral and a slash proc within one second of continuous fire.

      On a side note, they made the Causticyst do a 41,000 damage gas proc, which was pretty insane.

        Loading editor
    • NeithanDiniem wrote:
      You say this, and yet A guy in my discord used a continuous weapon and was hitting several thousands with one damage viral tick against level 135 enemies. His testing also showed that multishot did in fact increase the number of status procs, just look at the Phage for that. And yes, status doesnt only trigger once per second, as he was able to trigger 2 viral and a slash proc within one second of continuous fire.

      On a side note, they made the Causticyst do a 41,000 damage gas proc, which was pretty insane.

      Phage is base viral, and you say he got it to proc slash. I smell slight BS over here

        Loading editor
    • 70.171.39.112 wrote:

      188.67.204.253 wrote:

      [...]

      Prisma Grakata, for example, with a crit status build (with two 60% ele mods) has a status chance of 66,8% per SHOT and fire rate of 28,17 with Shred on. This means that the Prisma Grakata will proc average of [28,17*0,668 = 18,81756] times per SECOND. That's 1881,756% status per SECOND.  

      [...]

      I'm not sure how you figure 1881.756% status chance per second on Prisma Grakata, but yes, status on continuous is deceiving. Continuous fire used to function exactly like rifles/pistols on a status/bullet basis until DE implemented the nerf a while back. As a result, Embolist became very weak. The only continuous weapon you could argue represents a true (or least misleading) status/sec is Quanta Vandal because it has a base fire rate of 1 ammo/sec.

      100% = 1   || *18,81756

      1881,756% = 18,81756

      Grakata procs _on average_ that many times per second with the given rate of fire and status chance.

        Loading editor
    • 188.67.204.253 wrote:
      NeithanDiniem wrote:
      You say this, and yet A guy in my discord used a continuous weapon and was hitting several thousands with one damage viral tick against level 135 enemies. His testing also showed that multishot did in fact increase the number of status procs, just look at the Phage for that. And yes, status doesnt only trigger once per second, as he was able to trigger 2 viral and a slash proc within one second of continuous fire.

      On a side note, they made the Causticyst do a 41,000 damage gas proc, which was pretty insane.

      Phage is base viral, and you say he got it to proc slash. I smell slight BS over here

      I have also seen the results, and it had nothing to do with phage. I have also tested them myself, and got similar results.

        Loading editor
    • 188.67.204.253 wrote:
      Phage is base viral, and you say he got it to proc slash. I smell slight BS over here

      No, if you had read I said "His testing also showed that multishot did in fact increase the number of status procs, just look at the Phage for that." During testing he used most of the continuous fire weapons in the game.

        Loading editor
    • My fav weapon is the quanta vandal , i use both multishot and fire rate to achieve 112% status along with 2 60/60 mods for corrosive. What it doesn't kill outright , it will proc for a slow death . It's a balance i like , as i can easily mod for more damage or more status , of course the selling point of this weapon is the secondary fire button which will proc on crowds 

        Loading editor
    • A Lone Tenno
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message

Ad blocker interference detected!


Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.