Wikia

WARFRAME Wiki

Dread vs Paris Prime

  • Simple enough, which is better?

      Loading editor
    • Paris prime has armor ignore, paris p is better

        Loading editor
    • Despite the precious poster being confused by old and outdated information that was posted in the wiki (there is no such thing as "armor ignore" in the game) I second his recommendation for Paris Prime for most cases.


      Paris prime does "Physics Impact Damage" which was confused in the past as "armor ignore": "they [enemies] will always receive the source weapon's calculated base damage, unmodified by armor."

      This refers to body part armor and not enemy armor as you can see further in that page that some grineer mobs still has armor calculations.



      Paris Prime: 

      Pro 1: Higher base damage (and therefore better damage from elemental damage build mods).

      Pro 2: Does "Physics Impact Damage" which is considered very good at all levels.


      Dread:

      Pro: Higher critical damage (and therefore better damage from critical damage build mods).

      Con: Does "Blade Damage" which is considered weak when fighting high level mobs (with the exception of infested chargers and crawlers).



      If you are looking for critical build than you should go with the dread though.

        Loading editor
    • Paris prime is much easier to use, you need to always do weakspot hits with Dread for it to be better. Neither of them are very good, so it's pretty okay to just pick which one you think is cooler to be honest. 

        Loading editor
    • Dor99alon wrote:
      Despite the precious poster being confused by old and outdated information that was posted in the wiki (there is no such thing as "armor ignore" in the game) I second his recommendation for Paris Prime for most cases.


      Paris prime does "Physics Impact Damage" which was confused in the past as "armor ignore": "they [enemies] will always receive the source weapon's calculated base damage, unmodified by armor."

      This refers to body part armor and not enemy armor as you can see further in that page that some grineer mobs still has armor calculations.



      Paris Prime: 

      Pro 1: Higher base damage (and therefore better damage from elemental damage build mods).

      Pro 2: Does "Physics Impact Damage" which is considered very good at all levels.


      Dread:

      Pro: Higher critical damage (and therefore better damage from critical damage build mods).

      Con: Does "Blade Damage" which is considered weak when fighting high level mobs (with the exception of infested chargers and crawlers).



      If you are looking for critical build than you should go with the dread though.

      yes, but except for a few various enemies it still ignores armor calucations, so it is still armor ignoring. it always has been and always will. just not for some enemies.

        Loading editor
    • This topic... again.. how about some actual numbers? These are from Mad5cout's damage calculator (version 3.1 at the time). Mobs are set at level 100, and each bow is using a crit build (Serration, Split Chamber, Piercing Hit, Vital Sense, Point Strike, Hammer Shot, Piercing Hit, Speed Trigger and Shred).

      The average damage is a bit skewed towards Dread because of the light units within each faction.

      Dread faction scores:

      Grineer Corpus Infested
      Average Damage 2985 5978 4835
      Average DPS 2466.05 5600.44 4294.13


      Paris Prime faction scores:

      Grineer Corpus Infested
      Average Damage 3051 4823 2808
      Average DPS 2685.6 4507.09 2569.13


      We can also take a look at some heavy units for a better idea of how they'll perform.

      Heavy Gunner (Average DPS):

      Bow Head Body
      Dread 2590.19 1511.65
      Paris Prime 3298.8 1820.02


      Ancient Healer (Average DPS):

      Bow Lower Arm/Leg Head Body
      Dread 3030.09 1661.52 830.76
      Paris Prime 2387.23 3133.29 1566.65


      Corpus Tech (Average DPS):

      Bow Head Body
      Dread 9695.16 1566.65
      Paris Prime 7638.39 1954.03


      So, yes Paris Prime will generally outdamage Dread.

        Loading editor
    • So, yes Paris Prime will generally outdamage Dread.

      True, but you ignored the critical damage part.

      This is where the Dread with out-perform the Paris Prime.


      Personally I recommend Paris Prime over Dread but others might prefer critical builds.

        Loading editor
    • Dor99alon wrote:

      So, yes Paris Prime will generally outdamage Dread.

      True, but you ignored the critical damage part.

      This is where the Dread with out-perform the Paris Prime.


      Personally I recommend Paris Prime over Dread but others might prefer critical builds.

      Erm, I did not ignore that at all. The build I plugged into the calculator is a critical damage build. The calculator also does factor in crits in its calculations (except on 'average hits to kill' which is why I took it out of the tables).

        Loading editor
    • Erm, I did not ignore that at all. The build I plugged into the calculator is a critical damage build. The calculator also does factor in crits in its calculations (except on 'average hits to kill' which is why I took it out of the tables).

      My bad, thanks for clarifying that for everybody.

        Loading editor
    • Facts:

      - Crit builds are dumb for weapons with such slow fire rates. Bows are supposed to oneshot stuff, and crit is not the way to ensure that as you can't get it to 100%.

      - Crit builds are even more dumb if the weapon doesn't have 200% Crit Damage base (Paris Prime), and THAT is the most obvious reason why comparing the 2 weapons' DPS in a crit build (that btw takes a Catalyst and 3 Forma if you used Voqualin's build with all mods maxed out) shows the Dread winning.

      - Bows are not high end weapons because of their rate of fire in general, their overall DPS (this does NOT! NOT! NOT! mean their damage per shot is low) is just terrible. They are fun weapons mostly unless you (for some reason) think sneaking through an entire mission does anything worth the time.

      - Paris Prime does more DPS to Grineer than Dread, while Dread does more DPS to Corpus and Infested than Paris Prime.

      TL;DR: Bows are oneshot weapons (Crit builds suck, DPS doesn't really matter for them as it's terrible either way) & Most other weapons > Paris Prime > Dread > MK1-Braton (pretty much)

      Also, a non-polarized Hek for example has like twice Paris Prime's/Dread's DPS (and oneshots stuff too). Save Forma, go Hek! :p

      ... or just go Despair as it pretty much beats any primary in terms of DPS (do the math all you want, you'll get the same results) without using crit mods and even without ANY forma whatsoever.

        Loading editor
    • Xtakku wrote:
      Facts:

      - Crit builds are dumb for weapons with such slow fire rates. Bows are supposed to oneshot stuff, and crit is not the way to ensure that as you can't get it to 100%.

      - Crit builds are even more dumb if the weapon doesn't have 200% Crit Damage base (Paris Prime), and THAT is the most obvious reason why comparing the 2 weapons' DPS in a crit build (that btw takes a Catalyst and 3 Forma if you used Voqualin's build with all mods maxed out) shows the Dread winning.

      - Bows are not high end weapons because of their rate of fire in general, their overall DPS (this does NOT! NOT! NOT! mean their damage per shot is low) is just terrible. They are fun weapons mostly unless you (for some reason) think sneaking through an entire mission does anything worth the time.

      - Paris Prime does more DPS to Grineer than Dread, while Dread does more DPS to Corpus and Infested than Paris Prime.

      TL;DR: Bows are oneshot weapons (Crit builds suck, DPS doesn't really matter for them as it's terrible either way) & Most other weapons > Paris Prime > Dread > MK1-Braton (pretty much)

      Also, a non-polarized Hek for example has like twice Paris Prime's/Dread's DPS (and oneshots stuff too). Save Forma, go Hek! :p

      ... or just go Despair as it pretty much beats any primary in terms of DPS (do the math all you want, you'll get the same results) without using crit mods and even without ANY forma whatsoever.

      I have to disagree that crit builds suck. Yes, the ideal way to use a bow is to one shot enemies (even this is arguable), but on any heavy of a sufficient level, any build you use isn't going to one shot it. At that point, you should just be maximizing your potential damage per shot, which means crit builds.

      Here's the faction metascores for Paris Prime with an elemental build, and you can easily see it's inferior to a crit build in both average damage (per shot) and DPS.


      META SCORES
      Grineer Corpus Infested
      Average Damage 1803 3034 2213
      Average DPS 1543.4 2916.37 1998.87


      I also don't see why people need to always bring in other weapons into these bow discussions. Some people just like bows and want to use them; they don't care if Despair has better DPS.

        Loading editor
    • Think I got slightly different numbrs for DPS on an elemental build, but anyhow I suppose the DPS could be better for your crit build. I really like using Bows btw, I just don't think they are worth anything because they are so easily outdone DPS-wise by most other guns. That's the point I was getting at mostly - if you really insist on using a Bow for DPS I suppose it's not dumb to go with a crit build. 

        Loading editor
    • Well, even if you just consider average damage per shot, crit builds will come out of top (according to my calculations at least). The only advantage I see to elemental builds is that they have more consistent damage but that's with a caveat. If you hit any protected body part of any high level enemy (or even mid level medium Grineer, since they have so much armor), your elemental damage is heavily reduced. It's for this reason that I don't see elemental builds to be that useful as one may predict.

        Loading editor
    • wow, seriously, if you are looking for fun, build the weapon anyway you want, test it, enjoy it..............

        Loading editor
    • Why not build Both? Both Dread and Paris Prime Are extremely Fun to Use.

        Loading editor
    • This hasn't been updated in awhile.. Since Damage 2.0 my dread is extremely lacking in DPS even on crits with a crit build, to come close to what i had before 2.0 I'd have to stack damage mods and reduce reload/fire speed AND get perfect hits on weak spots, which is fine for small waves and weak enemies but at higher levels (Lvl20+ sometimes depending on frame) can dominate you when using a bow. I did enjoy Dread and had considered getting the Paris Prime but now I'm resistant towards either, they simply do not cut it for late game enemies, especially high shield mobs (Can not crit on shields).


      But open to opinions, anyone have something to say about Dread VS Paris Prime on Damage 2.0? (AKA Stalker eats your face update)

        Loading editor
    • Protoman Zero X wrote:
      Simple enough, which is better?


      Damage 2.0 has changed this around the Dread is simply the best other than against Grineer and that case the Paris Prime is. The Dread has the Same stats as the Paris prime(excluding damage) other than the Dread has a higher crit multipler their for better end of story

        Loading editor
    • 98.26.157.27 wrote:
      This hasn't been updated in awhile.. Since Damage 2.0 my dread is extremely lacking in DPS even on crits with a crit build, to come close to what i had before 2.0 I'd have to stack damage mods and reduce reload/fire speed AND get perfect hits on weak spots, which is fine for small waves and weak enemies but at higher levels (Lvl20+ sometimes depending on frame) can dominate you when using a bow. I did enjoy Dread and had considered getting the Paris Prime but now I'm resistant towards either, they simply do not cut it for late game enemies, especially high shield mobs (Can not crit on shields).


      But open to opinions, anyone have something to say about Dread VS Paris Prime on Damage 2.0? (AKA Stalker eats your face update)

      Actual it can cirt against shields i ahve done it a couple of times however it doesnt show up in the same color as a crit on health. Yes it is great end game against infested and corpus easly as armor ignore is gone and Grineer are the only faction with more than like 2 units that are considered Armored units while corpus crewman and all infested and non heavy Grineer all have damage buffs to slashing damage

        Loading editor
    • what I would say is what approach are you using? are you using stealth? or mid ranged combat with a high dpb? paris is built as a stealth aid to take out far away targets. dread is a high dpb combat weapon that happens to be silent.

        Loading editor
    • Both have their uses, though I'd say Paris Prime is better at almost every aspect that counts. Since it does puncture damage it has a bonus against all armoured and robotic(after their shields are down) units, that means all grineer(except for seer and commander - dunno why), MOA's and osprey's(though hitting an osprey with a bow is kinda hard in general). That bonus damage remains at all levels while Dread's slash damage is getting way lower as the mobs gain levels - especially robotic units which get only half damage from slash.

      Against shield both are equal, but since Paris got a higher base damage it also gets alot(considering you have seration) more from elemental mods, and thus take shields down faster(especially if you get magnetic). Having a higher crit multiplier is nice - but you don't crit all the time, and slash damage is fun versus infested but using a bow against them is in my opinion a fail in the first place - alot of freaking weak melee units verus a strong, slowly firing weapon that misses quite often at close range - burst rifles or melee weapons do short work of infested alot faster.

        Loading editor
    • Why is this still going on... Have you tested both weapons before posting? Have you seen their damage ingame or have you just looked at the stats?

      Paris Prime and Dread do the same additive damage on charge attacks. Both of them rely heavily on critical hits to deal damage. Because of Dread's higher critical damage, elemental mods are superior on Dread as opposed to the PP.

      Against grineer, corrosive damage is superior to puncture damage, which gives dread an edge. Against corpus, blade damage affects the health of corpus crewmen, and the magnetic element destroys both humanoid and robotic corpus enemies. There isn't a need to say dread is better against infested.

      Paris Prime is by no means a bad weapon. But dread is also by no means inferior to it.

        Loading editor
    • Dread ftw!!! Paris Prime looks like a turtle shield on your back...

        Loading editor
    • I've been using the Dread for a few days now, current rank with it 21, and it doesn't seem to matter who I shoot. 9/10 I'm killing them. I have the Thunderbolt and damager booster mods on it can't remember the name. Corpus, Greeier, Infected all drop on a full charger shot.

        Loading editor
    • Well I think it is safe to say damage 2.0 makes Dread out shine Paris Prime, due to high critical chance and slash damage. So, unless you are killing only moas and don't have a good secondary for moas, it will be Dread over Paris Prime.

        Loading editor
    • truth fully though, I must disagree with reddrago, the dread and paris prime are essentially equal, but are best used on different types of enemy factions. thats why they introduced the new type of bow.

        Loading editor
    • Connorpistol wrote:
      truth fully though, I must disagree with reddrago, the dread and paris prime are essentially equal, but are best used on different types of enemy factions. thats why they introduced the new type of bow.

      That is why I quoted moas. The Paris Prime only betters dread Vs Robotics (Moas, Jackle, ambulas, ect.) which is a fairly small selection of enemies and it use agenst more armoured enemies, conpared to Dread that does x1.5 damage on every hit Vs Corpus Crewman (once sheilds are down) ,Grineer (exept rollers) and Infested (All). The fact a crit build works on a Dread makes it all so more deadly, where as Paris Prime can't really achieve that.

      Although I agree that the Bows are more differed for enemy factions, the fact that Dread can easily soar through the majority of enemies in all 3 factions surely makes it outshine the Paris Prime which is only good for it's puncture damage which is only overly effective on armoured targets, and that a good build makes it great for corpus, OK for Grineer and creates little effect on Infested.

        Loading editor
    • Considering recent changes to damage table where Slash got terribly nerfed - Dread now kinda sucks :/

        Loading editor
    • Azure Ryu wrote:
      Considering recent changes to damage table where Slash got terribly nerfed - Dread now kinda sucks :/


      True, most weapons got a nerf from this, all gaining a taint of sucky-ness.

      Strangely Acrid saw the light of all this, but after that nerf, it's about time! XD

        Loading editor
    • Dread doesn't suck now.  It's just not as awesome as before.

        Loading editor
    • 207.74.168.73 wrote:
      Dread doesn't suck now.  It's just not as awesome as before.

      True, but you must admit that Dread hasn't taken these newer changes too well.

        Loading editor
    • RedDrago9 wrote:
      207.74.168.73 wrote:
      Dread doesn't suck now.  It's just not as awesome as before.
      True, but you must admit that Dread hasn't taken these newer changes too well.

      Yep. Since the dev's decided that apparently punching meat does more damage than cutting it.

        Loading editor
    • They reconsidered that, and slash has regained its bonus vs infested.

        Loading editor
    • It should have a higher bonus IMO

        Loading editor
    • Slash dmg ond dread isnt just effective for infested. My build of dread gives me 40k crits of slash dmg and a high point strike and vital sense. I one shot kril, hek, phorid, and tyl regor

        Loading editor
    • What modules do you use for your Dread built to achieve 40k crits? oO

        Loading editor
    • 88.75.167.122 wrote:
      What modules do you use for your Dread built to achieve 40k crits? oO

      He probably has heavy caliber, serration and faction damage mods on it and goes into melee range so he can actually hit something

        Loading editor
    • 68.40.29.23 wrote:
      Slash dmg ond dread isnt just effective for infested. My build of dread gives me 40k crits of slash dmg and a high point strike and vital sense. I one shot kril, hek, phorid, and tyl regor

      I don't want to call BS so soon, so I'll assume you mean one shot after Lech Kril is in his "fire form." But seriously what build are you using to one shot him!? I've accomplished a one shot on other bosses with the Dread but never on Lech Kril.

        Loading editor
    • It is possible to kill Kril before he goes fire.

        Loading editor
    • Advantages of this bow over Dread that have not been mentioned are:

      - Puncture damage is usefull in alot more situations than Slash or Impact are, including Void where more than half the targets are armored at all times

      - Ragdolling makes it able to kill 2 targets in a crowd with one arrow, no other bow can do this, as ragdolling seems to be doing the same damage on the 2nd target as the 1st, Dread can damage targets behind the 1st target but at reduced damage.

      - Superior string drawing speed and arrow speed as well as reduced arrow drop.

        Loading editor
    • 619666 wrote:
      Advantages of this bow over Dread that have not been mentioned are:

      - Puncture damage is usefull in alot more situations than Slash or Impact are, including Void where more than half the targets are armored at all times

      - Ragdolling makes it able to kill 2 targets in a crowd with one arrow, no other bow can do this, as ragdolling seems to be doing the same damage on the 2nd target as the 1st, Dread can damage targets behind the 1st target but at reduced damage.

      - Superior string drawing speed and arrow speed as well as reduced arrow drop.

      1. Yes pucture damage is generally more useful than slash damage, and now Paris Prime has a 200% crit multilplier

      2. You could not be more wrong. I've used Dread to kill 8+ targets lined up, and I've killed multiple people with cernos and the normal paris. There is no reduced damage that I have noticed.

      3. Dread and Paris Prime have identical draw speeds, and Dread's arrows are supposedly the fastest.

        Loading editor
    • 619666 wrote:

      - Ragdolling makes it able to kill 2 targets in a crowd with one arrow, no other bow can do this

      ALL Bows do this.  Dread does this even better by chopping up parts and ragdolling whatever's left.  (Hey guy, you forgot your pants! ... Oh... wait...)

      I'll stick with Dread, most of your damage is coming from elements when you're dealing with weaknesses, it's 100% crit with a 7 cost Point Strike, and Dread's arrow speed is now on par with Paris/P.

        Loading editor
    • you dont have to put heavy caliber on dread to reach 40k crit... just add corrosive elemental combo then crit build with hammershot... Im ding like 50-60 on heavy and medium grineer... kakai0 here... tired of logging in.. =)

        Loading editor
    • 112.198.90.228 wrote:
      crit build with hammershot...

      I've actually lost damage adding hammershot over an elemental mod.  Even when I had Gas in both instances against infested and the added elemental mod was Electric.

        Loading editor
    • NuLycan wrote:

      3. Dread and Paris Prime have identical draw speeds, and Dread's arrows are supposedly the fastest.

      They are not faster. Both always had the same arrow speed and they still do.


      KainDarkfire wrote:
      112.198.90.228 wrote:
      crit build with hammershot...
      I've actually lost damage adding hammershot over an elemental mod.  Even when I had Gas in both instances against infested and the added elemental mod was Electric.

      Put faction damage mod instead. Profit guaranteed everywhere apart from void.

        Loading editor
    • Azure Ryu wrote:
      NuLycan wrote:

      3. Dread and Paris Prime have identical draw speeds, and Dread's arrows are supposedly the fastest.

      They are not faster. Both always had the same arrow speed and they still do.

      They buffed Dread's arrow flight speed.  One of those statements is false.

        Loading editor
    • KainDarkfire wrote:
      Azure Ryu wrote:
      NuLycan wrote:
      3. Dread and Paris Prime have identical draw speeds, and Dread's arrows are supposedly the fastest.
      They are not faster. Both always had the same arrow speed and they still do.
      They buffed Dread's arrow flight speed.  One of those statements is false.

      They buffed arrow speed for both of them.

        Loading editor
    • Azure Ryu wrote:

      KainDarkfire wrote:
      Azure Ryu wrote:
      NuLycan wrote:
      3. Dread and Paris Prime have identical draw speeds, and Dread's arrows are supposedly the fastest.
      They are not faster. Both always had the same arrow speed and they still do.
      They buffed Dread's arrow flight speed.  One of those statements is false.

      They buffed arrow speed for both of them.

      Update 12

      Bow weapons receive 1/3 damage buff + gave charged arrows innate puncture depth.

      Dread arrows have increased flight speed.

        Loading editor
    • NuLycan wrote:

      Azure Ryu wrote:

      KainDarkfire wrote:
      Azure Ryu wrote:
      NuLycan wrote:
      3. Dread and Paris Prime have identical draw speeds, and Dread's arrows are supposedly the fastest.
      They are not faster. Both always had the same arrow speed and they still do.
      They buffed Dread's arrow flight speed.  One of those statements is false.
      They buffed arrow speed for both of them.
      Update 12

      Bow weapons receive 1/3 damage buff + gave charged arrows innate puncture depth.

      Dread arrows have increased flight speed.

      Seriously, you either don't have PP(in which case you are just trolling) or are unable to read through what I wrote. Both PP and Dread arrow flight speed have been significantly buffed - they were equal before the buff and they are still now. And if by any reason one has faster arrows than the other it's nothing that can be clearly observed.

        Loading editor
    • Seriously, you either don't have PP(in which case you are just trolling) or are unable to read through what I wrote. Both PP and Dread arrow flight speed have been significantly buffed - they were equal before the buff and they are still now. And if by any reason one has faster arrows than the other it's nothing that can be clearly observed.

      LOL I can't read? Maybe you should look at the freakin update notes before you assume I'm a troll. I have both bows, and I just tested them both. I don't have anything to capture with, but the arrow speeds look fairly identicial, although I still think dread has a tiny tiny edge.

      Unable to read? Like seriously? You should either get a capture card, video you using both bows, and prove me wrong, or wipe off the tears, shut up, and dealwithit.jpeg. ( •_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

        Loading editor
    • Did you not read the hotfix/update? Why are you acting like he can't read? You are the only one not reading _-_ They now both have the same flight speed, they did not before.. I can attest to this as I have had and used both since they came out..

        Loading editor
    • Do you speak in 3rd person? Because you can't read, otherwise you'd know I was referring to you.

      Yeah, I did read the update, and I literally copy/pasted what I found, so either the update notes are incorrect, or you didn't read it.

      And you did the face wrong -.-

        Loading editor
    • NuLycan wrote:
      Do you speak in 3rd person? Because you can't read, otherwise you'd know I was referring to you.

      Yeah, I did read the update, and I literally copy/pasted what I found, so either the update notes are incorrect, or you didn't read it.

      And you did the face wrong -.-

      There are more lone Tenno's around. Stop making a fool of yourself.

        Loading editor
    • Huh, so it's not "wikia contributors" anymore.

      Oh well. Different name, same fate.

      'Least I'm not putting up false garbage statements like "Did you not read the hotfix/update? Why are you acting like he can't read? You are the only one not reading." So, if any of you "lone Tenno" care to prove me wrong, link me to the update page where Paris prime's arrow speed was confirmed by DE to have been buffed. Otherwise deal with it.

        Loading editor
    • NuLycan wrote:
      Seriously, you either don't have PP(in which case you are just trolling) or are unable to read through what I wrote. Both PP and Dread arrow flight speed have been significantly buffed - they were equal before the buff and they are still now. And if by any reason one has faster arrows than the other it's nothing that can be clearly observed.
      LOL I can't read? Maybe you should look at the freakin update notes before you assume I'm a troll. I have both bows, and I just tested them both. I don't have anything to capture with, but the arrow speeds look fairly identicial, although I still think dread has a tiny tiny edge.

      Unable to read? Like seriously? You should either get a capture card, video you using both bows, and prove me wrong, or wipe off the tears, shut up, and dealwithit.jpeg. ( •_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

      There is no real point in trying to prove to you that you are wrong as you don't seem to able to accept it anyway. Pasting patch notes from DE proves nothing as it seems they got their own information wrong(void reward chances for example or even drops) or just the fact that 'slightly' in their launguage means +150% increase of a stat. But hey, not all people like have their own mind, some - just like you - prefer to take any piece of information given to them as truth.

      All of this discussion started because you weren't able to understand that both PP and Dread had their arrow speeds buffed despite only Dread was mentioned in the patch notes and now, when you realize you were wrong, you simply state that "dread has a tiny tiny edge"(while still insulting).

        Loading editor
    • Azure Ryu wrote:

      There is no real point in trying to prove to you that you are wrong as you don't seem to able to accept it anyway. Pasting patch notes from DE proves nothing as it seems they got their own information wrong(void reward chances for example or even drops) or just the fact that 'slightly' in their launguage means +150% increase of a stat. But hey, not all people like have their own mind, some - just like you - prefer to take any piece of information given to them as truth.

      All of this discussion started because you weren't able to understand that both PP and Dread had their arrow speeds buffed despite only Dread was mentioned in the patch notes and now, when you realize you were wrong, you simply state that "dread has a tiny tiny edge"(while still insulting).

      LOL, like I need to validate myself to a few anons and you. And now, I show you the error of your ways.

      Clearly the words "I just tested them both" don't register with you. It means I tested both bows and barely noticed a tiny difference between their respective projectile speeds. I actually never said that DE was correct in the update notes. I was originally insulting because the anon(s) LIED and accused me of not reading the updates. And now that I call them out apparantly I "can't accept that I was wrong?" I also used the word "supposedly" in my original comment, hinting at the possibility that *GASP* DE could have screwed up again, which at this point isn't surprising.

      Honestly, this entire thread is entirely pointless now. It's not about Paris Prime vs Dread, is about incorrect Anons plus Azure against people who can read, test different weapons, and actually back up their stuff.

        Loading editor
    • NuLycan wrote:

      LOL, like I need to validate myself to a few anons and you. And now, I show you the error of your ways.

      Clearly the words "I just tested them both" don't register with you. It means I tested both bows and barely noticed a tiny difference between their respective projectile speeds. I actually never said that DE was correct in the update notes. I was originally insulting because the anon(s) LIED and accused me of not reading the updates. And now that I call them out apparantly I "can't accept that I was wrong?" I also used the word "supposedly" in my original comment, hinting at the possibility that *GASP* DE could have screwed up again, which at this point isn't surprising.

      Honestly, this entire thread is entirely pointless now. It's not about Paris Prime vs Dread, is about incorrect Anons plus Azure against people who can read, test different weapons, and actually back up their stuff.

      Nobody accused you of not reading updates untill the guy from 131.156.137.37, but at that time you were all buthurt already. The lone tenno that stated you had reading problems(#47) was me, and I specified clearly that you have problems with reading through what I wrote - never mentioned the patch notes or other stuff. See the difference?

      Does stating "just tested them both" mean that you commented twice on their arrow speed in favor of Dread without testing them? I registered it allright and that's how I saw it - even more so after noticing your "supposedly". You mentioned something that you made look like you weren't sure of and since in my opinion tiny(insignificant, not noticible) difference is no difference I corrected you(and soon you went raging)

      And if it trully was me as the one who can't read and test weapons then the comments up to(and including) reply #39 would not be here. You were the ones throwing statements without testing both bows before you posted.

        Loading editor
    • Wanna see the power of a 3 forma'ed Paris Prime go watch Mogamu Paris Prime video hes Paris Prime is scary OP

        Loading editor
    • 108.75.205.232 wrote:
      Wanna see the power of a 3 forma'ed Paris Prime go watch Mogamu Paris Prime video hes Paris Prime is scary OP


      Just saw it. It's a good video, but I'm a Dread fanboy so I'll stick with that.

      @ Azure Ryu

      I don't feel like even scrounging through the trash you wrote so if you're going to bother with this pathetic internet argument, do it on my page. Don't block up this page with your hole-ridden arguments.

        Loading editor
    • Based on this discussion both dread and paris need to be removed due to thier overpowered damage. Once you get one of these weapons the game will no longer be a challenge and therefore no fun.

        Loading editor
    • Regarding crit builds, does Vital Sense + Hammer Shot beat rainbow build in each bow at set x critical damage? As if Dread would benefit enough from critical to surpass a full rainbow build in PP?

        Loading editor
    • 138.123.84.107 wrote:
      Based on this discussion both dread and paris need to be removed due to thier overpowered damage. Once you get one of these weapons the game will no longer be a challenge and therefore no fun.

      Umm, bows have a slow rate of fire, require full charging to deal full damage, have travel time, and you can be left open if you miss. Bows are fun and actually somewhat challenging to use "correctly." If bows are subject for removal for overpowering damage, then so are a long long long list of other weapons. No thanks.

      Regarding rainbow vs crit builds, I think crits builds are the way to go. 1 elemental combination plus vital sense and a bane mod hasn't let me down.

        Loading editor
    • I'm currently running the following on my Paris Prime (3 Forma's and a Catalyst, mind you) and loving it  : 

      Serration, Hellfire + Infected Clip {Gas Damage}, Arrow Mutation, Speed Trigger, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Stormbringer. 

      Once this event ends, I'll be changing Stormbringer to the event mod for the increased status chance, despite the 30% lower damage. I'd love to change Infected Clip to Malignant Force, but that's a /long/ ways away. ( More frequent AoE procs? Yes. All of the yes.)

      While the damage for this setup is by no means maximized, it still does obscene amounts of damage anyways, and when the Gas or Electric procs it kills everything in the AoE along with the original target. It's also more designed for super long runs with minimal ammo drops. I could easily drop the Mutation for more damage if I wanted to, but it's really nice to never have to care about running out of arrows. 

      Still, I see consistent head-shots for 15k+, so I'm not complaining 

      I'm toying with the mod choices a bit as I go, and I'm looking to see how things change with a Hammer Shot in the mix instead of something else. 

      Having a both the Dread and the Paris Prime, I can say that I vastly prefer the Paris Prime. < All of the following is according to the in-game listings of the weapon with no mods attached >  The primary damage type is more favorable, plus the extra 5% crit chance on the Dread is largely wasted (Since a maxed Point Strike still takes the same mod slot and there's no real benefit to my knowledge of having a crit chance higher than 100%) - after that you really gain no other benefits for using the Dread. {The base Crit Multiplier is the same, as is the Status chance. The overall damage calculations are both base 200 combined, and their charge time and accuracy are identical. }

        Loading editor
    • Paris Prime vs Dread -> Puncture VS Slash.

      People talk about grineers here and say Paris Prime wins:

      Surface: Ferrite Alloy Machinery
      Physical
      Damage
      [1]Puncture +50% +15%
      [2]Slash +25% -15% -50%


      Really that simple?

      NO!

      Since they have good base proc chance of 20% now, it is Weaken VS Bleed.

      Although Slash does less damage on armor, it has the super badass ARMOR INGORING status effect in the game which deals 245% more PURE damage. On 50+ level grineers, each tick ( there are total 7) of bleeding damage can be stronger than its original hit due to the damage reduction by armor.


      Of course you have to build it correctly.

      http://goo.gl/a4ozDK

      Nearly Pure Slash build -> ~40% of bleed proc.

      100% crit build -> a bonus MP when headshot -> 8k+ damage per tick. -> 60k Output per headshot proc in ALL LEVEL.

      Sorry your Paris Prime cant reach 10k+ when heavies' damage reduction went to 90%+





      Plus, Dread cuts bodies in half and help Nekros users.

        Loading editor
    • For me it doesn't matter...when I use Loki or Trinity I use Paris Prime, Despair, and Dual Ichors....

      When I use Ash I use Dread, Despair, and Dual Zoren.


      I am able to do well with both beyond the 60 Minute mark on survival...and they are both only forma'd once....I still have 3 formas to go for both...to get them where I want them to be.

        Loading editor
    • Laplamgor wrote:
      -snip-

      In theory you are right, but even at 60 minutes of T3 survival paris prime can one shot heavy gunners with a corrosive build, without heavy caliber. Your build will never be used properly in the vast majority of even the endgame (and will be detrimental in many situations as well). Also, paris prime or dread with viral proc... just saying.


        Loading editor
    • Paris Prime sounds like someone swallow and then spit a phlegm, so i'd use dread most of the time

        Loading editor
    • TheGreatCanadianWookiee wrote:
      Laplamgor wrote:
      -snip-
      In theory you are right, but even at 60 minutes of T3 survival paris prime can one shot heavy gunners with a corrosive build, without heavy caliber. Your build will never be used properly in the vast majority of even the endgame (and will be detrimental in many situations as well). Also, paris prime or dread with viral proc... just saying.


      Well you have to know some people's endgame is far longer than a 1h sur.

      If your bulid can 1shot a lv 80 heavy gunner then mine wont take more than 2~3 shots (without proc) too. But with proc mine can fight stronger enemies, such as a lv100~150+ leader.

      My build is just showing you guys how dread has the potential on killing super high armor enemies. I can say paris prime and dread have almost the same usage and result when fighting low-mid. 

      BTW with the new event mods, why not a corrosive and bloody, nearly 100% proc dread which is OP from lv1 to 100+?

        Loading editor
    • Ok, according to Dor99's post Dread is only good for infested. The bow really takes the lead when it comes to shooting it right through a long line of enemies and that opportunity is found mostly in the void, epsecially t3 defense. The void consists of mainly Grineer and Corpus. Infested are most concentrated in derelict, but its too dark to use such a precise weapon and you're better off spraying and praying. So, I would say the Paris is much more practical.

        Loading editor
    • You do realize that Dor99's post was from over half a year ago right? Dread is good for all factions. You just have to mod it right.

        Loading editor
    • NuLycan wrote:
      You do realize that Dor99's post was from over half a year ago right? Dread is good for all factions. You just have to mod it right.

      LOL Before the bow buff, before damage 2.0, before the armor nerf, before many new mods released. 

        Loading editor
    •   Loading editor
    • 85.227.241.27 wrote:
      Paris prime has armor ignore, paris p is better

      do you know what damage 2.0 is? (facepalm)

        Loading editor
    • theyre both almost the same: dread has 5% more crit chance but nobody rlly cares, so lets look at the damage type: paris P has puncture damage, so its only good when fighting grineer. dread deals slash damage, which deals great against infested and good(not very good) against grineer AND corpus. if you only fight grineer, you should take paris P, if you fight everything, you should get dread

        Loading editor
    • Zappy96 wrote:
      85.227.241.27 wrote:
      Paris prime has armor ignore, paris p is better
      do you know what damage 2.0 is? (facepalm)

      That post was from 7 months ago. He was right at the time.

        Loading editor
    • NuLycan wrote:
      Zappy96 wrote:
      85.227.241.27 wrote:
      Paris prime has armor ignore, paris p is better
      do you know what damage 2.0 is? (facepalm)
      That post was from 7 months ago. He was right at the time.

      oops >.<

        Loading editor
    • I used both Paris Prime and Dread. They have both 200 base damage, so elemental damage scales are the same. Dread has great slash damage, but Paris Prime has great puncture damage. They are both good, but in different situations. I use Paris Prime, because I like golden parts of it)))

        Loading editor
    • Dread has better flight traectory.

        Loading editor
    • While they both have same base damage, Dread has higher "specialized" damage. Paris P sacrifices like 20(I think it was 20) puncture damage for the sake of slash damage. Doesn't make much difference unmodded, but will make difference later.

        Loading editor
    • can u say what difference that is? just pick your weapon according to enemys in the endgame?

        Loading editor
    • Are we talking about a base model bow against a prime model bow. All I can say is if there was a prime model dread this would not be a convo. So The dread wins

        Loading editor
    • 70.22.150.179 wrote:
      Are we talking about a base model bow against a prime model bow. All I can say is if there was a prime model dread this would not be a convo. So The dread wins


      Honestly we know so little about the dread's origins, so the dread might be an upgraded paris, like a wraith or vandal weapon, except stalker-ish.

        Loading editor
    • 70.22.150.179 wrote:
      Are we talking about a base model bow against a prime model bow. All I can say is if there was a prime model dread this would not be a convo. So The dread wins

      Flawless logic!

        Loading editor
    • 70.22.150.179 wrote:
      Are we talking about a base model bow against a prime model bow. All I can say is if there was a prime model dread this would not be a convo. So The dread wins


      What a moron. There is no Dread Prime, so the Paris Prime wins.

      "All I can say is if there were a Super-Mega-Hyper MK-1 Braton, this would not be a convo. So the MK-1 Braton wins."

        Loading editor
    • (Facepalm) I think he was being sarcastic. And Paris Prime doesn't win. Neither bow really wins.

        Loading editor
    • Most other weapons > Paris Prime > Dread > MK1-Braton (pretty much)

      Miter > MK1-Braton

        Loading editor
    • As someone that owns both, I have to say I prefer Dread for two reasons: The draw and fire sound. They sound amazing in comparison to Paris Prime.

      Also, Paris Prime looks kinda weird.

        Loading editor
    • Xtakku wrote:

      TL;DR: Bows are oneshot weapons

      proven, my normal Paris one-hits anything till Saturn, which is why im getting Paris Prime, maybe my damage mods arent good enough for Paris to last longer

        Loading editor
    • Out of curiosity, what mods are you using?

        Loading editor
    • ^ I'd guess Serration, Piercing hit possibly, some elemental stuff, probly speed trigger, maybe crit mods or something

        Loading editor
    • You probably just need to up your serration and split chamber, but my paris prime/ dread consistently one-shot on pluto.

        Loading editor
    • i have been trying to figure out which one of these will work better in the void. my basis for success in the void is taking down the heavy gunners, they are (IMO) the toughest thing there to kill. so i decided to test both bows with identical mods on 30ish heavy gunners for each bow. i know it's not a deep pool of kills to draw numbers from, but i figured it was enough to get an idea of the damage range on both weapons. 

      the mods: serration, point strike, vital sense, hammer shot, cryo rounds, infected clip, speed trigger. for the last mod i used max rank sawtooth clip on the dread, and max rank piercing hit on the paris prime. all other mods are the exact same mod i used on the other bow for consistency sake. 

      the paris prime edged out the dread ever so slightly, by a few thousand dmg with a head shot. with nova's MP i was capable of getting a 60k crith with paris prime and a 57k crit with dread. the difference is not enough to say that should use one or the other. if you only have one of these bows they are comparable to each other and if you only have the dread, it will work just fine. it is splitting hairs, and the difference is not substantial enough to call one superior to the other. 

      the only thing that is a variable is the red crits. i feel (not fact, feel) the dread has a higher chance to show a red crit,  compared to the paris prime. only sharing my perception on that because that makes a difference to some people.

      i hope this helps anyone trying to figure out what to do with these bows :D

        Loading editor
    • 71.81.87.47 wrote:
      i have been trying to figure out which one of these will work better in the void. my basis for success in the void is taking down the heavy gunners, they are (IMO) the toughest thing there to kill. so i decided to test both bows with identical mods on 30ish heavy gunners for each bow. i know it's not a deep pool of kills to draw numbers from, but i figured it was enough to get an idea of the damage range on both weapons. 

      the mods: serration, point strike, vital sense, hammer shot, cryo rounds, infected clip, speed trigger. for the last mod i used max rank sawtooth clip on the dread, and max rank piercing hit on the paris prime. all other mods are the exact same mod i used on the other bow for consistency sake. 

      the paris prime edged out the dread ever so slightly, by a few thousand dmg with a head shot. with nova's MP i was capable of getting a 60k crith with paris prime and a 57k crit with dread. the difference is not enough to say that should use one or the other. if you only have one of these bows they are comparable to each other and if you only have the dread, it will work just fine. it is splitting hairs, and the difference is not substantial enough to call one superior to the other. 

      the only thing that is a variable is the red crits. i feel (not fact, feel) the dread has a higher chance to show a red crit,  compared to the paris prime. only sharing my perception on that because that makes a difference to some people.

      i hope this helps anyone trying to figure out what to do with these bows :D


      People should end this debate....Against Grineer It's Paris Prime...Against Infested it's Dread....Against Corpus...It doesn't matter...when going to void...it's Paris Prime...because of the Heavy Gunner being toughest enemy.


      And people should remember Slash does NEGATIVE against alloy

        Loading editor
    • Yes, this debate really doesn't matter. My Dread worrks great vs Grineer and Void, my Paris Prime works great vs Infested; they're near identical

        Loading editor
    • Dread FOR MASTER RACE!!

        Loading editor
    • Dread. When I see dread crit for over 180k and Paris Prime with 2 more forma barely pushing 50K against the enemies it is good against, I'll take dread any day. Paris Prime is garbage. Anyone who thinks otherwise is bad at this game and should quit playing.

        Loading editor
    • Dread is a poor man's bow, which is easy obtainable by killing Stalker, when Paris Prime is hidden in the void.

        Loading editor
    • Carbonate wrote:
      Dread is a poor man's bow, which is easy obtainable by killing Stalker, when Paris Prime is hidden in the void.

      I'm afraid I have to disagree. A "poor man's bow" can't have some of the strongest single-shot damage in the game.

      Dread and Paris Prime are both RNG related. Therefore they have varying degrees of difficulty in acquiring them, although Paris Prime was more difficult for me to get. They're both excellent weapons. No need to insult one weapon just because you don't like it.

        Loading editor
    • I just dong get it...a webesite that breaks down the damage types by faction...and people are STILL posting the craziets things...Like The guy above who states Dread works great vs Grineer and void...and Paris Prime works great against infested...when Paris Prime does Puncture...which gives you bonus damage aginst Grineer...and the Heavy Gunners in the Void...and Dread gives bonus damage against infested...

      Then you have the next guy two comments down who says Paris Prime is garbage..He obviously only does ODD...the Paris Prime is best bow for Void and Grineer...there is no debate...All you ahve to do is look at the freaking Damage 2.0 table..Plus put the exact same build on both weapons and do test runs on the highest level of each faction...Also, if you need a little help...you can go to warframe-builder.com

      sheesh

        Loading editor
    • The IPS damage of weapons does not matter much, since most damage will come from elementals. As long as your combos are right, you can use either bow

      216.67.44.132 wrote:
      Dread. When I see dread crit for over 180k and Paris Prime with 2 more forma barely pushing 50K against the enemies it is good against, I'll take dread any day. Paris Prime is garbage. Anyone who thinks otherwise is bad at this game and should quit playing.

      It doesn't count if you use banshee with one and not the other

        Loading editor
    • -->Dread<--

      I have been using both bows, and i have to say that Dread is better.

        Loading editor
    • PP is nice and all, but Dread has chance to inflict over time bleed damage. Plus I usually combat fleshy targets (or I slap viral damage vs Grineer).

        Loading editor
    • 190.218.200.147 wrote:
      -->Dread<--

      I have been using both bows, and i have to say that Dread is better.

      against which faction? Because a maxed out Dread  Prime will not do more damage against Grineer or in the Void. 

      Paris Prime for Grineer and Void

      Dread for Infested.

      Cerenos for Corpus.

        Loading editor
    • I use Dread for everything.. its been OP the Mods i put on it make it Lethal to everything

        Loading editor
    • Close this dumbass thread down please. These bows are damn near Identical, in practicality each bow is lethal against all factions, period there is no winner. (Although Dread Looks cooler and sounds cooler). Both bows will get the job done. That's all anyone needs.

        Loading editor
    • 73.183.255.46 wrote:
      Close this dumbass thread down please. These bows are damn near Identical, in practicality each bow is lethal against all factions, period there is no winner. (Although Dread Looks cooler and sounds cooler). Both bows will get the job done. That's all anyone needs.

      Actually you are wrong...Each bow is unique in physical damage...if you go look at the DAMAGE 2.0 table you would clearly see that Paris Prime is better than Dread vs Grineer...and Dread is better than Paris Prime vs Infested. For corups it is debateable. In the Void the hardest enemy to take down is the Heavy Gunner....which makes Paris Prime best for Void.

      Yes all bows are lethal against all factions...but at the same time there is a ceiling for each weapon...and Paris Prime out performs Dread when fighting High level Grineer and Late game content in the Void.

        Loading editor
    • most of your damage will always be elemental, in any endgame situation. higher crit chance on dread (14~%) fully modded means more red crits. paris prime has a small damage bonus vs grineer. cernos is absolute shit vs all factions.

        Loading editor
    • 85.227.241.27 wrote: Paris prime has armor ignore, paris p is better

      not anymore

        Loading editor
    • 107.201.5.144 wrote:
      most of your damage will always be elemental, in any endgame situation. higher crit chance on dread (14~%) fully modded means more red crits. paris prime has a small damage bonus vs grineer. cernos is absolute shit vs all factions.


      What are you talking about...Puncture has +50% damage bonus against Ferrite "Heavy Gunners", and +15% bonus against Alloy "Napalm"


      Dread Does Negative against those....You guys are not learning Damage 2.0

        Loading editor
    • 184.178.49.198 wrote:

      85.227.241.27 wrote: Paris prime has armor ignore, paris p is better

      not anymore

      you are right it isn't armor ignore...but it has +50% against Ferrite, and +15% against alloy....


      Vs Grineer..... Paris Prime > Dread

        Loading editor
    • 184.178.49.198 wrote:

      85.227.241.27 wrote: Paris prime has armor ignore, paris p is better

      not anymore

      You guys gotta look at the dates of the replies.

        Loading editor
    • Cernos because them wings :D I like the dread too. Never got paris prime. you guys have funmusing the one that you think is the best :D

        Loading editor
    • Voqualin wrote:
      This topic... again.. how about some actual numbers? These are from Mad5cout's damage calculator (version 3.1 at the time). Mobs are set at level 100, and each bow is using a crit build (Serration, Split Chamber, Piercing Hit, Vital Sense, Point Strike, Hammer Shot, Piercing Hit, Speed Trigger and Shred).

      The average damage is a bit skewed towards Dread because of the light units within each faction.

      Dread faction scores:

      Grineer Corpus Infested
      Average Damage 2985 5978 4835
      Average DPS 2466.05 5600.44 4294.13


      Paris Prime faction scores:

      Grineer Corpus Infested
      Average Damage 3051 4823 2808
      Average DPS 2685.6 4507.09 2569.13


      We can also take a look at some heavy units for a better idea of how they'll perform.

      Heavy Gunner (Average DPS):

      Bow Head Body
      Dread 2590.19 1511.65
      Paris Prime 3298.8 1820.02


      Ancient Healer (Average DPS):

      Bow Lower Arm/Leg Head Body
      Dread 3030.09 1661.52 830.76
      Paris Prime 2387.23 3133.29 1566.65


      Corpus Tech (Average DPS):

      Bow Head Body
      Dread 9695.16 1566.65
      Paris Prime 7638.39 1954.03


      So, yes Paris Prime will generally outdamage Dread.

      Wait what, are you bad at math?

      You just posted the numbers but you didn't actually average the damage, really?


      Dread average around all fractions is 12600 damage

      Paris prime average around all fractions is 9600.

      Dread wins hands down.

        Loading editor
    • 95.65.100.23 wrote:

      Wait what, are you bad at math?

      You just posted the numbers but you didn't actually average the damage, really?


      Dread average around all fractions is 12600 damage

      Paris prime average around all fractions is 9600.

      Dread wins hands down.

      LOOK AT. THE DATE.

        Loading editor
    • 157.55.39.121
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message

Around Wikia's network

Random Wiki