|Dropped by|| Grineer Elite Lancer|
Grineer Elite Frontier Lancer
Infested T3 Defense Reward
The Thunderbolt mod gives arrows from the Paris, Dread, Paris Prime, or Cernos a 7.5% chance per rank (for a maximum of 30% at rank 3) of exploding on impact, dealing 250 Blast damage to the target, as well as to nearby enemies within 10 meters of the blast (scaled by distance).
- Pair with a high-rank Multishot mod for maximum effect. Calculating per shot, you'll have a 51.1% chance of no explosion at max rank for both Split Chamber and Thunderbolt, giving a 48.9% chance of at least one explosion occurring. There is also a chance of two explosions at 8.1%
- When facing groups of enemies at medium to long range, maximize splash damage by aiming for a nearby wall or floor surface rather than directly at an enemy.
- Since explosive damage is unaffected by the amount of time you've charged the shot, rapid snap shots can be very effective at quickly taking out large groups of enemies.
- Currently, the mod has no effect on bows' stealth properties; killing an unaware enemy with an explosive arrow will not trigger an alarm. However, missing a shot will still be noticed by enemies, be it explosive or not.
- You can hurt yourself (or even kill yourself) if you stay in the blast radius.
- Blast radius is exactly 10 meters (so far not expandable by mods).
- Possible bug: If an enemy is hit with an exploding arrow directly, the blast does not seem to affect other nearby enemies.
- Since Update 7.11, the explosive damage is not affected by base damage and elemental mods.
- As of Update 8, the mod was changed from being exclusive to the Paris. It now works also on Dread
- As of Update 9.5, the mod drops more commonly from normal mobs than before due to drop table changes.
- Prior to Update 9.8, the base damage of Thunderbolt was fixed at 250. This meant mods such as Serration did not increase its damage. Additionally, when it procced, it would replace the arrow's damage. This resulted in lower single target damage than if the arrow did not proc Thunderbolt's effect and dealt 'normal' damage. However, Update 9.8 fixed 'Thunderbolt's explosive damage from trumping impact damage'. Now 'projectile damage is applied first, then chance to explode is checked.'
- It seems arrows fired at friendly players do not explode.
- At Update 10, the damage with and without Elemental Mods and Serration is 312- 625 tested in Saturn lvl: Janus.