The Tiberon is a Tenno-made three round burst-fire rifle introduced in update Update 14.9. Compared to most burst-fire rifles, the Tiberon is much more accurate and primarily deals Puncture damage, albeit at the cost of reduced status chance.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 225||Blueprints Price: 20,000|
This weapon deals primarily Puncture damage.
- High damage.
- High Puncture damage – effective against armored Grineer.
- Good accuracy for a burst fire weapon.
- Very low recoil.
- Comes with a polarity.
- Can equip the Tiberon-exclusive Measured Burst mod. (Conclave only)
- Low critical chance.
- Lowest status chance of all primary weapons.
- Punishes missed shots more than automatic weapons.
- Linearly less efficient — sometimes a target may only die with four bullets, which requires an entire second burst to be fired.
- See Category:Tiberon Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Tiberon Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- Requires a Latron to build as well as a Forma.
- When compared to the Sybaris, it has a higher fire rate, a larger magazine size, and better accuracy. However, the weapon has little to go by in terms of critical chance and status chance, a property that the Sybaris excels in. The Tiberon is essentially an alternative to the Sybaris for dealing higher non-crit DPS.
- Like the Sybaris, the Tiberon's burst has a very tight shot grouping, which combined with its high base accuracy and negligible recoil makes it better at long-range shooting than other burst-fire weapons, such as the Burston or Hind.
- The Tiberon is a very strong candidate for a tenno Specter to use thanks to its high base damage/second combined with high accuracy.
- Has a higher damage per bullet than other low-tier burst fire weapons like Burston or the Hind.
- The Tiberon was the first weapon outside of Clan Research that requires a Forma to construct.
- At the time of its release, the Latron Prime or the Latron Wraith could also be used to build the Tiberon. This was fixed in Update 14.9.1.
- Intriguingly, the Tiberon requires a Latron, a semi auto rifle, instead of another burst rifle, such as the Burston, though this could be explained by its similarity to the standard Latron in base color and finish. The discrepancy can also be explained by the fact that Tiberon sports 3 separate barrels, with presumably one shot being fired from each, thus each barrel technically is its own semi-automatic weapon.
- The Tiberon is reloaded by removing the magazine which is located at the butt end of the stock.
- Burston, another 3 round burst weapon which functions similarly.
- Latron, the semi-automatic rifle required to build the Tiberon.
- Measured Burst, a Tiberon exclusive Conclave mod.