The Tiberon is a Tenno-made three round burst-fire rifle introduced in update Update 14.9. Compared to most burst-fire rifles, the Tiberon is much more accurate and primarily deals Puncture damage, albeit at the cost of reduced status chance.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 225||Blueprints:20,000|
This weapon deals primarily Puncture damage.
- High Puncture damage – effective against armor.
- Very high critical chance.
- High critical damage multiplier.
- Good status chance.
- Very high accuracy.
- Very low recoil.
- Third fastest fire rate of all burst-fire rifles, behind Paracyst and Burston Prime.
- Comes with a polarity.
- Can equip the Tiberon-exclusive Measured Burst mod. (Conclave only)
- Linearly less efficient - sometimes a target may only die with four bullets, which requires an entire second burst to be fired.
- Punishes missed shots more than automatic weapons.
- See Category:Tiberon Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Tiberon Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- Requires a Latron to build as well as a Forma.
- Like the Sybaris, the Tiberon's burst has a very tight shot grouping, which combined with its high base accuracy and negligible recoil makes it better at long-range shooting than other burst-fire weapons, such as the Burston or Hind.
- The Tiberon is a very strong candidate for a tenno Specter to use thanks to its high base damage/second combined with high accuracy.
- Has a higher damage per bullet than other low-tier burst fire weapons like Burston or the Hind.
- The weapon's name may be derived from tiburón, the Spanish word for shark. Its design also appears to take cues from the animal, particularly the "blades" beneath the muzzle which resemble a shark's pectoral fins.
- The Tiberon was the first weapon outside of Clan Research that requires a Forma to construct.
- At the time of its release, the Latron Prime or the Latron Wraith could also be used to build the Tiberon. This was fixed in Hotfix 14.9.1.
- Intriguingly, the Tiberon requires a Latron, a semi auto rifle, instead of another burst rifle, such as the Burston, though this could be explained by its similarity to the standard Latron in base color and finish. The discrepancy can also be explained by the fact that Tiberon sports 3 separate barrels, with presumably one shot being fired from each, thus each barrel technically is its own semi-automatic weapon.
- The Tiberon is reloaded by removing the magazine which is located at the butt end of the stock.
- Burston, another 3 round burst weapon which functions similarly.
- Latron, the semi-automatic rifle required to build the Tiberon.
- Measured Burst, a Tiberon exclusive Conclave mod.