|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 200||Blueprints Price:30,000|
This weapon deals primarily Blast damage.
- Innate Blast damage - effective against Machinery and Fossilized.
- Physical contact with grenades deal Puncture damage.
- High critical chance and damage.
- Grenades have a blast radius of 5 meters.
- Pinpoint accuracy.
- Can use the launcher-exclusive mods Adhesive Blast and Firestorm.
- Innate Blast damage – less effective against Ferrite Armor.
- Low status chance.
- Grenades have travel time and heavy arcing.
- Explosions can cause self-damage.
- Grenades will instantly explode on hitting enemies, teammates or companions, potentially having lethal results.
- Grenades that hit any surface have a high bouncing capability which makes it hard to stack on a desired spot.
- This can be countered with Adhesive Blast, which will make the grenades stick to any surface.
- Extremely low magazine capacity of just 2 rounds; requires frequent reloading.
- Draws from the rare sniper ammo pool.
- See Category:Tonkor Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Tonkor Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- The Tonkor's grenades' self-damage will most likely kill the player in even a single explosion, including Inaros.
- The Tonkor's grenades will explode immediately upon hitting an enemy.
- The grenades will also explode upon touching the Cryopod in a Defense mission, damaging nearby enemies. Note that the Cryopod will also take fifty damage upon doing so.
- If the grenade fails to hit a player or enemy, it will explode one second after the first bounce.
- Projectile Speed affects this length of time.
- If Adhesive Blast is used, the grenades will stick to enemies until their fuse expires rather than immediately detonating.
- The Tonkor will only hit an enemy with a direct hit if it hits the player model. This can result in the grenades bouncing between enemy legs.
- Grenades will come to a complete stop when coming in contact with a body of water. This can turn them into makeshift proximity mines which will only explode when touched or after a few seconds.
- Grenades created by Mirage's clones from Hall of Mirrors that are left over after the ability deactivates will cause damage to user if caught in the blast.
- Grenades that impact enemies too close to the user will not detonate and will bounce off them harmlessly instead, possibly bouncing back and killing the player.
- Projectile Speed modifiers like Zephyr's Jet Stream or Terminal Velocity will help increase its launch speed significantly. Trajectory guide when zoomed will adjust with increased flight speed.
Example: Ability Strength (with Jet Stream) > 150% - 60% = 90% -> your mod build doesn't need any strentgh mod; what it matters is that the strength is still higher than 90%, so beware of other mods like Overextended
- It is encouraged to always add some margin on top of the required Ability Strength as gravity could slow down the grenade too much, preventing its explosion.
- The Tonkor's self-damage property can be used to increase Vex Armor's buffs when using Chroma.
- It is advised not to use punch through, as it can cause the Tonkor's projectiles to hit enemies without exploding. It also causes the projectiles to bounce/penetrate surfaces unpredictably.
- Grenades will immediately explode when impacting the following surfaces, allowing instant high damage to enemies:
- The Grineer text on the side of its barrel translates to "ANM".
- Previous design concepts show ("ALL"). 
- The Tonkor's breech-loading design is derived from the M79 grenade launcher, albeit with the ability to hold two rounds instead of one.
- Oddly, the Tonkor's reload animation appears to consist of loading one grenade instead of two.
- It seems that these "grenades" are actually power cells with a built-in launching mechanism.
- Previously, the Tonkor was able to launch teammates into the air, and could even move them around while they were channeling stasis-related abilities (Mesa's Peacemaker, Nyx's Absorb, etc.). This was removed to discourage griefing and exploits.