Zephyr creates multiple deadly tornadoes.
|Strength:50 / 75 / 100 / 120 (damage)|
2x (initial damage multiplier)
|Duration:10 / 12 / 15 / 20 s|
|Range:15 / 17 / 20 / 25 m|
- Zephyr forms a maximum of 2 / 2 / 3 / 4 tornadoes within a radius of 15 / 17 / 20 / 25 meters that violently pull enemies along their paths. Each tornado inflicts 50 / 75 / 100 / 120 Magnetic damage per second to affected enemies and lasts over a duration of 10 / 12 / 15 / 20 seconds. Damage ticks occur at a rate of 4 per second. When a tornado forms, its initial damage tick will also be multiplied by 200%.
- Damage per second and initial damage multiplier are affected by Ability Strength, and the damage decreases with distance.
- Each tick of damage has a moderate status chance. Enemies affected by the status effect will have their shields reduced by 75% for 4 seconds.
- Enemies are ragdolled as they're pulled in. Affected enemies spiral to the top of a tornado where they are violently ejected. Enemies can remain trapped within a tornado if there is a surface, such as a ceiling, that impedes their movement through the funnel.
- Tornadoes are not obstructed by the environment.
- Duration is affected by Ability Duration.
- Formation radius is affected by Ability Range.
- Tornadoes typically form near enemies within the area of effect and will seek out enemies should they be within range.
- Each tornado is capable of having its default damage type changed by absorbing Elemental Damage.
- A tornado can have its damage type modified by many damage sources, including weapons and abilities from Tenno and enemy units (e.g., striking a tornado with an unmodified Dark Sword will change the damage type to Radiation, and a Volatile Runner that explodes near a tornado will change the damage type to Blast).
- The damage type of a tornado can be changed multiple times. However, each elemental damage type has its own priority: Corrosive, Viral, Magnetic, Gas, Radiation, Blast, Toxin, Electricity, Cold, and Heat (ranked from highest to lowest).
- The damage type of a tornado will not be changed if the new damage type has a lower priority than the current damage type (e.g., changing the default Magnetic damage to Corrosive damage, which has the highest priority, will prevent the tornado's new damage type from being changed by other sources for the ability's duration).
- The hierarchy does not apply to a tornado's default Magnetic damage as it can be changed regardless of priority. The hierarchy does apply when the tornado absorbs elemental damage for the first time (e.g., shooting a tornado for the first time with Toxin damage will change the damage type from Magnetic to Toxin; however, shooting a tornado for the first time with Magnetic damage followed by Toxin damage will not alter the damage type).
- If the damage source deals multiple elemental damage types, then a tornado will be charged with the highest-priority damage type (e.g., shooting a tornado with a weapon that deals 500 Viral damage and 100 Radiation damage will cause the tornado to deal Viral damage).
- A tornado will not deal combined elemental damage by absorbing two base elemental damage types (e.g., a tornado will not inflict Blast damage by shooting it with Cold damage and Heat damage from different sources).
- Tornado's visual effects are modified by each elemental damage type.
- Cannot be recast while active.
- Main article: Funnel Clouds
- Due to high proc rate, Tornado can be used to apply status effects to masses of enemies.
- Viral can be used to reduce mobs health by 50% regardless of level.
- Each of 4 spawned tornadoes can have different elements.
- Tornadoes will fling enemies trapped within them in random directions after a period of suspending them midair if there is nothing impeding upward thrust (i.e., ceiling). Otherwise, they will stay in the tornado for the full duration.
- This can greatly lower the damage and CC it is capable of if the enemies are ejected early, making it much more powerful and effective in lower roofed tilesets as opposed to open areas Zephyr thrives in for mobility.
Maximization is a form of specialization: mods may be blended to result in values that vary between the top-end limits listed here. Click any maximized link to learn how to build it.
- Maximized Ability Duration increases duration to 61.2 seconds.
- Reduces range to 8.5 meters.
- Maximized Ability Efficiency reduces cost to 25 energy.
- Reduces duration to 8 seconds.
- Maximized Ability Range increases range to 70 meters.
- Reduces damage to 48 per second and initial damage multiplier to 80%.
- Maximized Ability Strength increases damage to 447.6 per second and initial damage multiplier to 746%.
- Without Energy Conversion, increases damage to 387.6 per second and initial damage multiplier to 646%.
- Increases cost to 155 energy.
- Reduces duration to 14.5 seconds.