|Type||Environmental Hazard, Melee, Knockdown|
|Weapon||Claws, Tentacle, Toxic Buff|
|Unprotected Parts||Head x2|
|Mod Drops|| Fusion Core |
The deadliest of the Infested units, Toxic Ancients are constantly surrounded by a poisonous buff that damages nearby players. This buff used to linger, but does no longer do so after Update 11. Melee combat against this type of ancient is not encouraged if your melee weapon has a short range (particularly Daggers and Gauntlets, and Longswords to a lesser degree).
Toxic Ancients can be identified by the bright green glow from their heads, as well as their black and green bodies.
The toxic properties may be the result of a kind of decomposition, purposeful or accidental due to the plague. It is also noted that Toxic Ancients may be slightly faster than other Ancients, and will deliberately charge the player until it decides to hit you or run directly into you. They seem to attempt to get closer to you more than the other Ancients.
If a Tenno enters stealth while an Ancient is charging into attack range and remains in the same position, the Ancient's first attack will still connect but it will not continue to attack until its target becomes visible again. This may actually be counterproductive for the Toxic Ancient as the attack will often knock the invisible Tenno out of poison range.
- Toxic Ancients, like the other Ancients, will continue to pursue their targets if they have detected them then chased after, even if these targets have turned invisible (Shade's Ghost etc.).
- If Sentinels are used in missions, be cautious, as the fumes created by the Toxic Ancients cause significant damage to them.
- When a decoy is spawned, Toxic Ancients can move unpredictably, unlike the two Ancients, remain to subtly chase after their targets while pursuing the decoys.
- Ironically, Toxic Ancients can be hurt by Toxic damage.
- As of Update 11, Toxic Ancients do not leave poison clouds in places where they recently died.
- While under the effect of Nyx Mind Control the Toxic Ancients poison will no longer harm you or your Team.
- The presence of a Toxic Ancient can damage a cryopod on defense missions.
- Prior to Update 9, A Toxic Ancient shrunk if Stealth Attacked.
- In alert assassination missions, the target is sometimes a Toxic Ancient. They still drop blueprints on death as the target of that planet would.
- After the change in model and appearance in update 9, their lower legs are very hard to hit, as bullets will usually miss or go through the legs without dealing damage. Try to aim between the middle of the legs and their "waist" as most bullets will hit this area.
- It is not recommended to use Mag's Pull against this target.
- Using Nekros' Soul Punch will send an ancient flying which can be very helpful on high level defence
- When in a subtle state (not in alert), Toxic Ancients do not emit toxic fumes out of their bodies.
- The Toxic Ancients are the only Ancients whose names end with the word "Ancient".
- Sometimes, in Alert missions, players can see a targeted Infested depicted as the Toxic Ancient, amusingly targeted for being an Intelligence Officer.
- As a leader, a Toxic Ancient goes by the name Venomous Ancient Elder.
- According to the Lotus, the Ancients are a plant-like lifeform.
|Walker||Charger • Leaper • Runner • Volatile Runner|
|Crawler||Crawler • Nauseous Crawler • Toxic Crawler • Electric Crawler • Lobber Crawler|
|Ancient||Ancient Healer • Ancient Disrupter • Toxic Ancient|
|Phorid • Lephantis|