|Type||Environmental Hazard, Melee, Knockdown|
|Weapon||Claws, Tentacle, Toxic Buff|
|+ ++ +++ - - ---|
|Unprotected Parts||Head x2|
|Mod Drops|| Fusion Core |
The deadliest of the Infested units, Toxic Ancients are constantly surrounded by a poisonous cloud that damages nearby players. This cloud used to linger after the Ancient's death, but ceased to do so after Update 11. Melee combat against this type of ancient is not recommended if your melee weapon has a short range (particularly Daggers and Gauntlets, and Longswords to a lesser degree).
Toxic Ancients can be identified by the bright green glow from their heads, as well as their black and green bodies.
- Do poison damage and gives all nearby enemies poison damage. Ancient and nearby enemies are resistant to poison and gas damage.
- Toxic Ancients, like the other Ancients, will continue to pursue their targets if they have detected them then chased after, even if these targets have turned invisible (Shade's Ghost etc.).
- If Sentinels are used in missions, be cautious, as the fumes created by the Toxic Ancients are much more likely to cause significant damage to them.
- Oddly, Toxic Ancients are not immune to Toxic damage, and can be hurt by toxin-based attacks.
- Physically touching a Toxic Ancient will inflict a DoT of poison as long as you are touching it, and has a chance to inflict a more deadly toxin Proc, which will leave you with an 8 second poison DoT that can easily kill players with low health.
- Their longer range melee attacks do not inflict toxin or toxin procs.
- While under the effect of Nyx Mind Control the Toxic Ancients poison will no longer harm you or your Team.
- The presence of a Toxic Ancient can damage a cryopod on defense missions.
- Prior to Update 9, A Toxic Ancient shrunk if Stealth Attacked.
- They will shrink in some cases due to Ash's Blade Storm.
- In alert assassination missions against the Infested, the target is sometimes a Toxic Ancient. They still drop blueprints on death as the target of that planet would.
- After the change in model and appearance in update 9, their lower legs are very hard to hit, as bullets will usually miss or go through the legs without dealing damage. Try to aim between the middle of the legs and their "waist" as most bullets will hit this area.
- It is not recommended to use Mag's Pull or Valkyr's Rip Line against this target, for obvious reasons.
- Using Nekros' Soul Punch will send an ancient flying which can be very helpful on high level defence.
- If a Tenno enters stealth while an Ancient is charging into attack range and remains in the same position, the Ancient's first attack will still connect but it will not continue to attack until its target becomes visible again. This may actually be counterproductive for the Toxic Ancient as the attack will often knock the invisible Tenno out of poison range.
- When in a subtle state (not in alert), Toxic Ancients do not emit toxic fumes out of their bodies.
- As of Update 11, Toxic Ancients do not leave poison clouds in places where they recently died.
- The Toxic Ancients are the only Ancients whose name ends with the word "Ancient".
- Sometimes, in Alert missions, players can see a targeted Infested depicted as the Toxic Ancient, amusingly targeted for being an Intelligence Officer or similar title.
- As a leader, a Toxic Ancient goes by the name Venomous Ancient Elder.
- According to the Lotus, the Ancients are a plant-like lifeform.
|Walker||Charger • Leaper • Runner • Volatile Runner|
|Crawler||Crawler • Nauseous Crawler • Toxic Crawler • Electric Crawler • Lobber Crawler|
|Ancient||Ancient Healer • Ancient Disrupter • Toxic Ancient|
|Phorid • Lephantis|
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found