When active, melee strikes burst spores causing them to spread to nearby enemies.
|Strength:20% / 22% / 26% / 30% (damage bonus)|
25% / 30% / 35% / 40% (damage reduction)
|Duration:20 / 22 / 25 / 30 s|
- Saryn imbues her melee weapon with potent toxins, adding 20% / 22% / 26% / 30% of the melee weapon's total damage as Toxin damage with a 100% status chance to every strike over a duration of 20 / 22 / 25 / 30 seconds.
- Damage bonus is affected by Power Strength.
- Toxin status effect deals 50% of the bonus damage per tick over 11 ticks in 10 seconds. Duration-based status effects are prolonged due to Saryn's passive.
- Toxic Lash adds damage to every melee strike calculated from Saryn's total melee weapon damage before damage resistances are applied. (e.g., with a maxed Intensify and a melee weapon that inflicts 300 total damage before damage resistances are factored, a rank-3 Toxic Lash will add 300 × 0.3 × 1.3 = 117 Toxin damage to each strike).
- The additional Toxin damage is treated as a separate instance of damage and does not combine with elemental damage on the melee weapon.
- Duration is affected by Power Duration.
- While active, Toxic Lash enhances the melee weapon's damage reduction during blocking by an additional 25% / 30% / 35% / 40%.
- Damage reduction is affected by Power Strength.
- The damage reduction stacks additively with the melee weapon's damage reduction during blocking, and the sum cannot exceed 90% under any circumstances (e.g., with a maxed Intensify and a melee weapon that grants 35% damage reduction during blocking, a rank-3 Toxic Lash will increase the damage reduction to 0.35 + 0.4 × 1.3 = 87%).
- Saryn's abilities mutate for bonus effects when used in tandem:
- While Toxic Lash is active, at least one spore is guaranteed to burst per melee attack when an enemy affected by Spores is struck by Saryn's melee weapon.
- Enemies infected with Spores will restore 2 energy to Saryn for each spore burst by Toxic Lash.
- Toxic Lash is a one-handed action. As such, it can be used while performing various maneuvers and actions without interruption.
- Recasting Toxic Lash while the ability is active will refresh its duration.
- Saryn is immune to crowd control during the cast animation.
- Has a ~1 second cast time.
- Main article: Contagion Cloud
|Rank||Damage per second||Cost|
- This is a good candidate for Narrow Minded since there is no Power Range,
- The percentage of Toxin damage granted is multiplied by Power Strength.
- The exact amount of Toxin damage is equal to the percentage multiplied by the weapon's base damage, after base damage modifications (e.g., Pressure Point) are applied.
- Toxic Lash is an invaluable ability for players who were not able to collect a Melee Toxin mod or not capable of equipping such on Melee weapons, in which the ability becomes a suitable replacement for those in need of direct health damage.
- Using a hammer with the Shattering Storm stance equipped will make it easy to pop Spores while Toxic Lash is active, due to the ground slam attacks of the stance's combos.
Maximization is a form of specialization: mods may be blended to result in values that vary between the top-end limits listed here. Click any maximized link to learn how to build it.
- Maximized Power Duration increases duration to 84.6 seconds.
- Has no negative effect on this ability.
- Maximized Power Efficiency reduces cost to 12.5 energy.
- Reduces duration to 12 seconds.
- Maximized Power Range has no positive effect on this ability.
- Reduces damage bonus to 12% and damage reduction to 16%.
- Maximized Power Strength increases damage bonus to 89.7% and damage reduction to 90%.
- Increases cost to 77.5 energy.
- Reduces duration to 21.75 seconds.