|Combine 4 unranked mods for a chance of a rare mod.|
Transmutation is the method of combining unwanted mods in conjunction with credits, for a chance to create a more desirable mod. The majority of mods are obtainable through this method, some exclusively so. Certain mod classes however like Corrupted Mods and Event-exclusive mods cannot be acquired via transmutation.
Begin by selecting any combination of 4 unranked mods that you wish to Transmute. After an acceptable combination is selected, the Transmute area on the middle of the mod screen will light up, telling you that you are ready to transmute your selected mods. Simply click the lighted up area and then confirm your selection. The cost of Transmutation varies depending on the rarity of mods used. Prices range from 12,000 to 48,000.
- 12,000 for transmuting any 4 common mods.
- 24,000 for transmuting any 4 uncommon mods.
- 36,000 for transmuting any 4 rare mods.
- 48,000 for transmuting any 4 legendary mods.
The end result of Transmutation depends on the collective rarity of mods used. Transmuting 4 common mods have a chance to produce rarer mods, but less so when compared to transmutations using mods of higher value. For example: combining 4 different rare mods is costly but yields a greater chance of producing a rare mod from the transmutation. Apart from that, the algorithm of transmutation is completely random — There are no recipes for even the simplest mods.
- You cannot use Mods you currently have equipped.
- You must include at least one non-Fusion Core mod in each transfusion.
- There is no specific mod combination that produces a certain mod, and is purely based on rarity and chance, though polarity and item compatibility are also factors.
- Rare mods such as Reflex Guard, Stabilizer and Ammo Mutation mods can be awarded in Survival missions, giving newer players chances to easily fuse 4 rares (provided that they have the credits to do so).
- As of Update 11.2.1, transmutation no longer produces Warframe abilities (up until they were removed altogether in Update 15) or Sentinel precepts, greatly increasing the chances of getting something useful. The penalty for fusing the same mod was also removed, making your chances of getting a rare mod the same regardless of whether you transmute 4 different or 4 identical rares.
- The system was also changed during this time, and fusing 4 rares can sometimes result in common or uncommon mods.
- Transmuting 4 Legendary mods can still yield a Common mod.
|Currencies||Credits • Ducats • Platinum • Standing|
|General||Clan • Colour Picker Extension • Foundry • Idle Animations • Key Bindings • Login Rewards • Mastery Rank • Mods • Player Ship • Polarization • Trade System • Transmutation • Weapon Types|
|Gameplay||Archwing • Accuracy • Attack Speed • Critical Hit • Hacking • Fire Rate • Maneuvers • Melee • Multishot • Noise Level • Pickups • Punch Through • Recoil • Reload • Rift Plane • Status Effect • Stealth • Threat Level|
|Mission||Alert (Tactical) • Cell • Challenge Reward • Death Mark • Game Modes • Tile Sets • Missions|
|Mathematical||Affinity • Armor • Damage • Enemy Level Scaling • Maximization • Warframe Attributes • User Research|